10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You had a 1 button AoE "rotation" that did flat out retarded damage, and didn't sacrifice all of your survivability. Prots now have the option to sacrifice personal safety for DPS and a use for the glyph at last.

You'll probably still be beating him on the AoE fight, and keeping up on Butcher and Brackenspore. Get over it.
    wrong, cleave targets i do the same, single target im way behind now, and yes, if i want full damage, i spend my death runes on BB, no DS's, harsh words is broken

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    wrong, cleave targets i do the same, single target im way behind now, and yes, if i want full damage, i spend my death runes on BB, no DS's, harsh words is broken
    Blood Boil was ~5% of your damage on Butcher. Let's not pretend this was some monumental nerf to your ST DPS lol. You're not "way behind" specifically your raid team's Prot Paladin because he was only 4k ahead of you. While using a glyph that makes him take a crap ton more damage than he would otherwise. P. sure he wont be using it for Mythic Butcher if/when you get there, so like I said. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

if i want full damage, i spend my death runes on BB, no DS's, harsh words is broken
    Doesn't BB buff your next DS by up to 100% to make up for that in part? Harsh Words does literally nothing but damage. It occupies a niche, and it requires some thought about when it's appropriate to use. It's fine. You only get the full effect from it on content you're farming/overgeared for/that doesn't hit hard to begin with anyway.

If you've nothing to add but salty tears because your AoE got nerfed then really, just save yourself the trouble and leave. Nobody here is going to agree with you that the spec we're playing needs a nerf lol.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-01-14 at 04:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Boiling was ~5% of your damage on Butcher. Let's not pretend this was some monumental nerf to your ST DPS lol. You're not "way behind" specifically your raid team's Prot Paladin because he was only 4k ahead of you. While using a glyph that makes him take a crap ton more damage than he would otherwise. P. sure he wont be using it for Mythic Butcher if/when you get there, so like I said. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't BB buff your next DS by up to 100% to make up for that in part? Harsh Words does literally nothing but damage.
    lol no, you dont get it do you, have you ever tanked, if fucks up boss fights with aggro issues, and hello, this isnt mop, 4k is a lot... and no, it doesnt make him take enough more damage, learn tanks before you try to correct people

Deleted
    lol no, you dont get it do you, have you ever tanked, if fucks up boss fights with aggro issues, and hello, this isnt mop, 4k is a lot... and no, it doesnt make him take enough more damage, learn tanks before you try to correct people
    LOL. No, I never tank. That's why I've been such an active poster in the PROT Paladin thread. It doesn't fuck with aggro with my co-tank because I actually know how to turn RF on and off and my DK co-tank isn't shite.

By the way. Your taunt actually boosts your threat even while tanking. If he's catching you up, hit taunt and unload a string of attacks to get ahead again.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-01-14 at 04:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Boil was ~5% of your damage on Butcher. Let's not pretend this was some monumental nerf to your ST DPS lol. You're not "way behind" specifically your raid team's Prot Paladin because he was only 4k ahead of you. While using a glyph that makes him take a crap ton more damage than he would otherwise. P. sure he wont be using it for Mythic Butcher if/when you get there, so like I said. Get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't BB buff your next DS by up to 100% to make up for that in part? Harsh Words does literally nothing but damage. It occupies a niche, and it requires some thought about when it's appropriate to use. It's fine. You only get the full effect from it on content you're farming/overgeared for/that doesn't hit hard to begin with anyway.

If you've nothing to add but salty tears because your AoE got nerfed then really, just save yourself the trouble and leave. Nobody here is going to agree with you that the spec we're playing needs a nerf lol.
    get this it does, hey GET OVER IT, sounds familiar huh? bloods dks dmg wasnt nearly as bad as this, youre doign the same shit youre telling me not to do, with saying who gets what nerfs

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. No, I never tank. That's why I've been such an active poster in the PROT Paladin thread. It doesn't fuck with aggro with my co-tank because I actually know how to turn RF on and off and my DK co-tank isn't shite.

By the way. Your taunt actually boosts your threat even while tanking. If he's catching you up, hit taunt and unload a string of attacks.
    im sorry i wana see your bitch ass hold aggro agaisnt a tank doing 50k more burst, ignorant fuck

<Hey! I know it's easy to get riled up, but refrain from posting towards other users in this manner. Be respectful and on topic!>
    Last edited by Krekko; 2015-01-14 at 05:01 AM.

Can a mod take out the trash in this thread please?

Deleted
    im sorry i wana see your bitch ass hold aggro agaisnt a tank doing 50k more burst, ignorant fuck
    You sound mad. Learn to play. Get your Prot co-tank to make a RF macro. DKs needing a ST bump doesn't mean your Blood Boil nerf was unwarranted.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-01-14 at 04:12 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sound mad. Learn to play. Get your Prot co-tank to make a RF macro. DKs needing a ST bump doesn't mean your Blood Boil nerf was unwarranted.
    i said nothing about ST idiot, im still on blood boil, which made it worth using for dmg and mitigation

Guys. Just because this random DK is being...well...super angry doesn't mean he doesn't have a point.

DKs got a significant nerf to an ability that is part of their single target rotation. Meanwhile, prot paladins got a significant boost to our dps via the haste buff, and a somewhat trivial nerf via the alabaster shield change. -Before- these changes we put out competitive single target numbers, before considering the harsh words glyph.

We probably aren't so very high on dps that we need to get stomped on, but I'm guessing we're going to need a little bit more tuning downwards. Even though Harsh Words kills your survive-ability, it's probably still unacceptable for us to be able to pull numbers so close to an -actual- dps without locking ourselves into it like Glad warriors do. Perhaps Harsh Words should make it so that you -cannot- self cast Word of Glory? To make it more an off/on switch? Or maybe prot shouldn't have access to it to begin with...

Anywho, this guy is almost certainly a bad player with a bad attitude, but that doesn't mean that we can't take something away from his point. Tank classes should be close together on dps, and thus far prot and blood have been leading the back on single target. Blood got a little nerf, perhaps prot should get one too? Especially given the haste buff.

Deleted
    i said nothing about ST idiot, im still on blood boil, which made it worth using for dmg and mitigation
    single target im way behind now
    What the fuck are you talking about? You're bitching about aggro on the boss because his ST damage is too high and you're an un-coordinated mess. How is that not you talking about ST? BB was SIX PERCENT (rounded up, actually 5.77%) of your ST damage. If DKs need a ST bump to keep up on threat and damage, that doesn't mean an AoE nerf wasn't deserved. Following?
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-01-14 at 04:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahrke View Post
    Guys. Just because this random DK is being...well...super angry doesn't mean he doesn't have a point.

DKs got a significant nerf to an ability that is part of their single target rotation. Meanwhile, prot paladins got a significant boost to our dps via the haste buff, and a somewhat trivial nerf via the alabaster shield change. -Before- these changes we put out competitive single target numbers, before considering the harsh words glyph.

We probably aren't so very high on dps that we need to get stomped on, but I'm guessing we're going to need a little bit more tuning downwards. Even though Harsh Words kills your survive-ability, it's probably still unacceptable for us to be able to pull numbers so close to an -actual- dps without locking ourselves into it like Glad warriors do. Perhaps Harsh Words should make it so that you -cannot- self cast Word of Glory? To make it more an off/on switch? Or maybe prot shouldn't have access to it to begin with...

Anywho, this guy is almost certainly a bad player with a bad attitude, but that doesn't mean that we can't take something away from his point. Tank classes should be close together on dps, and thus far prot and blood have been leading the back on single target. Blood got a little nerf, perhaps prot should get one too? Especially given the haste buff.
    We did get a little nerf, Alabaster shield glyph is crap now. Emphasis on "little" nerf though, lol. Frankly I'm glad Alabaster is dead, it was annoying not having the flexibility of a third glyph slot because alabaster was basically mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahrke View Post
    DKs got a significant nerf to an ability that is part of their single target rotation.
    5% odd. This nerf is about 1.8% of a nerf on something like Butcher. There are other ways to bring DK single target up without letting them have effortless high AoE damage because, well, Prot Paladin has this glyph that lets them get creamed but do more burst if they know what they're doing.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2015-01-14 at 04:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    BB is part of our single target and on top of ur avenging wrath holy avenger you have stupid ass seraphim, more burst that dks dont have

I'm not arguing against the blood boil change, it was deserved. I don't actually think DKs need to be brought up, I think -we- need to be brought down. Again, not too much, but a little. Slightly below our numbers pre-haste-change, maybe? This DK is just...blergh. The gap between our classes single target has never been that high, and I chalk pretty much all of his woes up to his own ineptitude.

PPS: In case I wasn't clear, Monks, Druids, and Warriors are all behind us, and we're painfully close to beating the 'worst' dps spec, according to logs. That's why I think we could use a -small- nerf. Small.

Deleted
    avenging wrath holy avenger you have stupid ass seraphim, more burst that dks dont have
    Avenging Wrath... riiiiiiiiight.

Seraphim is not some passive that makes your DPS go up tenfold. It actually requires planning and at least some skill in order to pull off effectively over the course of a fight. Remind me again, how much thought goes into facerolling your Blood Boil hotkey x6?

What do you hope to accomplish by posting here? So far it seems to be all whine (with a side of juvenile cussing) and no substance. Your efforts would be better spent figuring out how to play better and then practicing it, regardless of how well or poorly off you feel.

By the way, Prot doesn't have Avenging Wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    avenging wrath
    We haven't had avenging wrath in a while dude

Also please leave, no one gives a shit about your whinging dude, complaining here isn't going to solve anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

BB is part of our single target and on top of ur avenging wrath holy avenger you have stupid ass seraphim, more burst that dks dont have
    Try doing relevant content with harsh words glyph.
    Actually, you try doing relevant content at all before coming in here behaving this way, please.

I progressed Mythic Imperator with both my DK and my Paladin. BB was absurdly overpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Actually, you try doing relevant content at all before coming in here behaving this way, please.
    I don't think you understand how serious the issue of Prot Paladins DPS whoring on farm content is.

I don't think you understand how serious the issue of Prot Paladins DPS whoring on farm content is.
    I guess I don't. I sincerely apologize.