When the hell did tanking become about damage?.....

We are tanks......
    what

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post

We are tanks......
    When did MOP launch? In fact I know this because it was the day after I began university.

24th September 2012, because I moved into my first year accommodation on the 23rd. Or maybe it was the 25th it launched, but it doesn't matter.

But yeah that's when tank dps became a thing. It became possible to increase your damage output whilst not sacrificing any survivability. From that moment on, the best tanks not only took low damage but did high damage. Doing high damage whilst remaining unkillable was a sign of skill. Now they seem intent on stopping us doing that.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

We are tanks......
    When they eliminated threat and made our dps rotation 95% similar to the tanking one.

Oh and by the way,no its not a bonus thing you bring to the raid. You actually make it harder on your raid if you are doing piss poor dps as a tank and are a detriment to it. Because with tank dps being a thing,they account for that tank dps in boss timers and enrage timers.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    When did MOP launch? In fact I know this because it was the day after I began university.

24th September 2012, because I moved into my first year accommodation on the 23rd. Or maybe it was the 25th it launched, but it doesn't matter.

But yeah that's when tank dps became a thing. It became possible to increase your damage output whilst not sacrificing any survivability. From that moment on, the best tanks not only took low damage but did high damage. Doing high damage whilst remaining unkillable was a sign of skill. Now they seem intent on stopping us doing that.
    Except for prot warriors. Prot warriors get buffed.

We are tanks......
    Welcome to roughly 4 years ago. Enjoy your stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Don't make me choose between Merinicus, Merinico, Merinipo, Slander, Merinica and Merinici!

My actual character names. I am not a smart man epecially not when I was 13-16 and made all these. You can guess which is the pandaren monk.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Don't make me choose between Merinicus, Merinico, Merinipo, Slander, Merinica and Merinici!

My actual character names. I am not a smart man epecially not when I was 13-16 and made all these. You can guess which is the pandaren monk.
    My character names are Narra, Nerraw, Norraw, Nerror, Nirri, Nirir, etc. You are not alone, my friend.

Deleted

We are tanks......
    Since mop, and even cata. Go tell that tank damage isn't important to the first top guilds that barely killed butcher in mythic.

From the reports I see on warcraftlogs, pal should still be competitive in ST with warriors, while gaining some survivability with SoI.
    From top parses, going from SoT to SoI is a 8 to 9% dps nerf, and the seraphim nerf is a ~6 to 7% dps nerf. This should put paladins right at warrior's dps level (at least on butcher)

But on cleave fights, this is a whole another story. Top parses with paladins using Glyph of Jeopardy and keeping 2 censures stacks will get a whooping 11-12 % nerf only from the SoT change. Adding the seraphim nerf, paladins will do nearly 20% less damage on this encounter, putting them between 5 and 10% below warriors, but also below all the others tanks, except if they use SotR.
    Last edited by mmoc85cc94d9f6; 2015-01-15 at 11:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My old GM had Nardius, Nordius, Narkius amongst others. He got away with Erectius for the longest time, I still don't think he's had a name change request. One of our hunters even had his pet named "Penis Foam" in some Scandinavian language so you woulda thought someone would've noticed.

I'm glad I rolled Retri a few days ago. Like really. WTF Blizz

We are tanks......
    Welcome to 3 years ago?

Shit someone beat me to it. Guess I need to L2Refresh

I do the same thing with a lot of my characters. Obviously my main used to be Kektonic and everyone calls me Kek so there's Kek,Kektonic,Keksmash,Kekfu and then for some reason I didn't change my paladin's name which would probably just be Kekadin because I'm ridiculously creative like that.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2015-01-15 at 11:29 PM.

My old GM had Nardius, Nordius, Narkius amongst others. He got away with Erectius for the longest time, I still don't think he's had a name change request. One of our hunters even had his pet named "Penis Foam" in some Scandinavian language so you woulda thought someone would've noticed.
    And you said you did it at 13-16. I started playing when I was 21.

I wouldn't mind the nerf to censure if they buffed seal of insight to actually make it compelling to use instead "hey, you aren't using insight, let's make all other seals suck more!" Insight was cool somewhere at the start of Cata before nerfs and before gutting the battle healer glyph. Later on, it became more and more "meh".

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Ya, our prot warrior was tearing it up this week. Even made himself laugh the first night it was so ridiculous. And he knows a nerf must be coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I wouldn't mind the nerf to censure if they buffed seal of insight to actually make it compelling to use instead "hey, you aren't using insight, let's make all other seals suck more!" Insight was cool somewhere at the start of Cata before nerfs and before gutting the battle healer glyph. Later on, it became more and more "meh".
    I actually worked this out. I've only tanked 1 raid for my guild (hell I only raided 3 times with them and now I have exams) and I saw the other tank, he was using SoI. Our healers were definitely slacking that night and he still did a stupid amount of overhealing. I think it worked out that if you discounted overhealing, that our 6 healers all needed to do another 300-400 hps each in order to cover for it. That amount is negligible because he could simply up his Sacred Shield uptime which I believe was in the 70's-80's. He's got that amount covered himself, several times over, through a talent...

These were numbers on Butcher heroic by the way, so damage especially on tanks is pretty high. Not a complete joke like Kargath Dickfist.

I get the frustration but reroll circle jerking isn't going to accomplish anything. And it isn't like prot is suddenly the worst tank in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post
    I get the frustration but reroll circle jerking isn't going to accomplish anything. And it isn't like prot is suddenly the worst tank in the game.
    Ugh. This is why I wanted to strangle every single non-warlock who ventured into the warlock forum last year to tell us to shut the fuck up. It is not about the damage, or lack of damage, or any other one number. It is about the playstyle. Seraphim being made irrelevant makes the rotation boring as hell.

As long as Empowered Seals stay the worst talent I honestly don't care about the damage numbers. I still can't believe they added stance dancing, but if it actually becomes viable...bleh
    Warning - while you were typing 50 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post
    Celestalon pls go

Quote Originally Posted by Kektonic View Post
    Celestalon pls go
    So clever.