Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Korean Grindfest MMO? I learned my lesson with Aion.

No Thanks. Looks pretty, but an undoubtedly P2Win cash shop turns me off to it
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Korean Grindfest MMO? I learned my lesson with every korean game that came to the west.

No Thanks. Looks pretty, but an undoubtedly P2Win cash shop turns me off to it
    fixed.
    10chars

Deleted
    Bunch of CBT gameplay videos on Steparu's channel https://www.youtube.com/user/SteparuTV

It definitely doesn't look as good as the trailers, though that might just be because it's low-level gameplay.

watched the closed beta streams for the last 2 days now, it honestly looks generic like Devilian, except no crappy demon shapeshift :P

Quite a lot of new footage in this one.

The problem with Lost ark is that it was announced too early, developers fucked up way too hard trying to create a hype because Devilian was coming out as the first wave of korean ARPG.

Game is nothing else than a mix of korean grind with Diablo 3 combat, as Devilian was.

Obviously better graphics and more polished but the same principle, along with Lineage Eternal.

And the longer it takes, the hype dies down, been like 2.5 years waiting for it and its probably not releasing in EU for another year, half forgotten by now.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    The problem with Lost ark is that it was announced too early, developers fucked up way too hard trying to create a hype because Devilian was coming out as the first wave of korean ARPG.

Game is nothing else than a mix of korean grind with Diablo 3 combat, as Devilian was.

Obviously better graphics and more polished but the same principle, along with Lineage Eternal.

And the longer it takes, the hype dies down, been like 2.5 years waiting for it and its probably not releasing in EU for another year, half forgotten by now.
    I would not even compare Devilian to this. This looks leaps and bounds better in every aspect than Devilian. Been following this for a couple of years now, and every bit of information gets me more excited. I'm not one to worry about when a game gets released or how long it takes since it was announced. It is in Beta in Korea right now and everything I see tells me it is not the same as every Korean ARPG out there. Of course it will be a bit grindy, that is that Eastern style, but it it just seems to have so much to do like a traditional MMO just with the skin of a Diablo clone. I cannot wait for a Western release. Even if it's 3 years from now.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it doesn't have the shitty 'stance' mechanic Devilian forces on you, I'm in.
    BAD WOLF

Too over-the-top flashy for my tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    looks amazing.

However... Korean Grindy RPG that's more than likely going to have P2Win Cash Shop
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Gaudy, anime-styled crap.

Deleted
    Awesome game. Lots of content and its 50% not in yet. Gameplay also looks fun. Exploring, sailing, combat, 18 classes all different playstyle. Even gathering has puzzles and mini games.

Only bad thing is damn character design. Either teenage girls in short skirts, stockings and high heals moaning with every ability or guys that wield weapons several times bigger than them plowing the world as they run around. Quite ridiculous.

Characters are very off-putting to be honest, but game overall is probably best ive seen last 5-10 years, even without half of it, and if they manage to keep asian mandatory p2w stuff out... it might be insanely good. But we will see... probably years till it comes to EU/NA, if it comes at all.
    Last edited by mmoc93208f15ee; 2018-11-08 at 09:40 AM.

Yeah, it looks like after trying this out that I'm gonna stick with this instead of hoping for anything coming out of Diablo.

Deleted
    And korean open beta is out now. Plenty foreigners in it too, as there is a way to get in. Looks good and seems very popular, jumped among top games on twitch asap. So far most people love it.
    Just wish i didnt have to buy account and still have risk of losing it due to verification and such... would consider playing it myself.

Also wish Smilegate would jump on Blizzard debacle and release it in the west sooner, but they are doing Korea, China and only then plan to bring it to us. Right now there is nothing but PoE and Blizzard screwed up with Diablo Immortal, so would be perfect time to establish themselves and get a lot of players before something better comes out from Blizzard (if it ever comes out), but oh well... it is what it is.

edit: damn, came here and wondered why nothing new posted about it and decided to revive it only to be beaten by 3min... :P

Sadly like most eastern games this wont come to the west for atleast 2-3 years, after they sell the publishing rights to some western b company that wants it

I played devil hunter yesterday and he is amazing.Huge dps, high mobility and the idea of him in 3 stances with different guns make it different than any class alike in any other mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    I played devil hunter yesterday and he is amazing.Huge dps, high mobility and the idea of him in 3 stances with different guns make it different than any class alike in any other mmo.
    That looks pretty amazing, definitely gonna try that class first.

Not sure I want to play now tough having to spend money on some account that you may or may not lose, plus vpn just to play the game.
    Last edited by apelsinjuice; 2018-11-10 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Too over-the-top flashy for my tastes.
    Doesn't look any more over-the-top than diablo 3.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

I'm following the game more than 4 years, This game is the messiah to Koreans because they got fed up with half-baked MMOs with cash shops. Smilegate (the Devs) promised they won't do that because if you think about it other korean mmos already lacked in mechanics,story, pvp mechanics...etc. they had to compensate that with cash shops.On the contrary, Lost Ark in depth that it is around 3 or games combined together. The game is well developed and has soooo many mechanics that keep you busy for months, add to that all classes looking cool that make you want to try them all this game I promise you will keep you hooked up for months if it is not in years. Think about any mechnic, believe me you will find it in Lost Ark and it will be better than any game.

The cash shop in the game only gives you cosmetic items or items you can craft with ingame materials and money so I think everything is ok for this game. This game can nuke Blizzard with D3 and WoW out of the orbit if it got released in NA/EU.

Been watching quin69 and Thatmodz play some and game looks really good.
    Do you hear the voices too?