Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Wow. i boosted a shaman for wod hoping things will change, i love the class for the healing but im also reading that shaman heals are way down as well....Fak

Its a shame really. I dont want to be forced to use my mage or hunter. I love the Elemental spec, funnest ranged class in game.

They will buff us, however. Alot of things are weird with the class. Such as liquid magma, destroys cc and so does our mastery. I dont think that should be attended.

You know shamans are bad when the #1 guild <Method> has not lvled a shaman to 100 (probably wont see one in highmaul heroic/mythic) and most of the people who play shamans for them have switched classes. GG BLizz.

Quote Originally Posted by broheals22 View Post
    You know shamans are bad when the #1 guild <Method> has not lvled a shaman to 100 (probably wont see one in highmaul heroic/mythic) and most of the people who play shamans for them have switched classes. GG BLizz.
    Yep swtiched to my boomkin and loving it. Shedded tears and raged for my ele for years. Not again

Elemental is just unplayable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Ele is in a bad place right now I will admit. But honestly you people who are raging hard should have quit playing shamans ages ago, we have never been the strongest class.
    This isn't raging, it's people giving up. There's a difference between unwarranted rage and people giving up on a specc/class that basically has no viable damage specc as of now. Nothing to do with "being the strongest class" but "being not viable". Shamans really aren't outside of resto who isn't all that great either.

I'm 620 ilvl right now and after doing a lot of dungeons, it's pretty bad. Equivalent or lesser geared hunters WILL blow you out of the water. Mages too. The only way to compete on aoe is hoping you get echo procs for multiple EQ (when this happens the damage is actually insane though like 40k dps). Single target though...holy shit. Even if you get to stand there and tunnel it's pretty bad and if there is extended or repeat movement just forget about it, you're below the tank.

Deleted
    The first patch of an expansion has always been terrible unless you were one of the lucky classes to be significantly stronger than anyone else.

Honestly this feels like a common occurrence for most expansions on release, and then the band-aid fixes.

Honestly if it wasn't for the fact that I enjoy Elementals play-style over many other casters, except maybe demonology warlock, I would have been done ages ago. I just still find the class "fun". Right now I'm wait and see. I'm already starting to level my alts, more garrisons = more gold, so we'll see how it plays off for myself.

As for Shaman class as a whole I feel that the developers who are in charge of the class just have no real direction to take it. We've never had a real rework, except for maybe Enh using 2Hs, the mechanics for the most part have stayed the same since the beginning albeit a few additions, but nothing crazy such as hunters, priests, even warlocks.

The problem I see is that they're building up a class that was designed to play a strict hybrid, you DPSd and healed. Shaman, and this is coming from someone who played in Vanilla, was the purest of the pure of that support DPS role. Healer die? No problem, the Elemental Shaman can off heal. But that's the problem though, that concept is pretty much dead now. Let alone homogenization practically killed the Shaman role period.

<Sigh>

I think what truly disappoints me about the class is how playing WoD and seeing NPCs, characters, etc that are Shaman doing awesome things, with awesome abilities, yet sometimes it just feels we're incredibly lackluster, let alone you're not seeing Thrall, even Drek'Thar dropping a totem all the time.

All in all, I just feel the class is all over the place and the team in charge of the class in general doesn't really know what direction to take it in with out tossing the class out and reworking it from the ground up, which honestly is what the class needs.

for me it seems our single target just need a damage buff. it feels like our hits have no big damage behind. long cast times are also not that fun atm.
    aoe is sometimes ok. if there is enough for cl and eq numbers can climb up. however other classes are much faster here.
    so atm you are often last, when there is aoe you can get in the middle, near top.
    melees are very strong, mages too.

cc is ok. frog is working good. what bothers me is that liquid magma attack targets in cc and breaks non frog cc.
    stun totem is also very useful.

Deleted
    I like elemental at 100 i just feel like lava burst needs a serious dmg buff it just feels meh to cast

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmanator View Post
    I like elemental at 100 i just feel like lava burst needs a serious dmg buff it just feels meh to cast
    Which I feel is the weird thing with it right now, which is more then likely since we're all re-gearing that everything just seems so incredibly slow.

Deleted
    Personally i think shammys are as fun as they ever was. Thats what im here for anyways, fun. Coming from non-mythic/non-pvp player. As a casual raider i can deal with not being top 10% of the raid with my dps. Plus i love the fact that i can choose from 3 specs. Love restoration as shaman. But i understand the frustration if you are one of those mythic raiders that gotto be best at everything.. Also i think it's a bit early to cry about how bad we are. I mean, WoD has been around for what? 3 days? Im 100% things will get better for us when we get better gear etc. I have raided with every class/spec in MoP Heroics (no i lied, not the monk, that gay) and i would never "main" any other class.

Deleted
    Its been 3 days since expansion-release Deleth, please get over yourself and dont post threads like this before you've gotten to test things out properly. We havent even been able to try it out in a raid-environment yet, so I wouldnt jump the gun that early.

7+ Year Old Account
    can i haz your stuffz?

15+ Year Old Account
    phew thank god i didnt boost a shammy to 90 like i was planning on...

levelling was quite awful from level 96. even with a shield you have like 33% armour and you barely can kite.
    using shocks with healing surges in between is not exacly fun. I had more fun being able to avoid incoming damage while doing damage.
    absorb totem, healing stream or guidance don't cut it.

then heroic dungeons. we have no burst anymore.

pvp?
    well multistrike perk and lava burst don't work in pvp.
    you only have 1 chance for multistrike in pvp and crits do 50% less crit damage.
    both of these contribute greatly to our damage because of multistrike attunement and LvB always critting.

They overnerfed our burst and cd stacking as well as survivability.
    Our mobility was our survivability and now we have to depend more than ever on survival talents which have been nerfed to the ground.

I am really hoping for some fixes, I don't know on what they balance, but most fixes just destroyed the class while levelling/questing/soloing.

Kinda suck, with the removal of Echo of the elements, haste and Lava Burst nerf made the class useless. I see no reason to bring a Shaman to the raid.

I will still level my Shaman though, after my Paladin. But play him for fun, I guess that's how Blizzard wants us to do.

Nothing that hasn't happened before. Every expansion has classes that need to be reworked once the public starts hitting the end game. If shaman start underperforming as bad as you claim they will, either people will stop playing shaman, prompting Blizzard to examine why, or they'll see the sub-par performance and Blizzard will look to fix that.

op doesnt realize that ALL casters have the same idea behind them: Not doing any dmg while running- movement skill comes into play in such an environment again.

If u check mage or warlock forums or spriest, its all the same. Casters were godmode in mop, with no punishment while moving. Now this is back in line, like it was the years up to mop, and how casters in general should play out. This is a fact of mission accomplished rather than an oversight from the devs.

DPS wise, elemental is one of the top dds in heroic dungeons. It is played a LOT, nearly every second random grp has an elemental in. Underperforming is not true.

BTW: i dont know if op realized, but there is no such thing than base spellpower any more. so if u have shit gear, its alright, little dmg and little heal. with ilvl 620, my heals do nearly double the amount they did with 603, when my shaman dinged.

Elemental cc has been buffed with the viability of earthquake btw, and nothing was removed. So it actually became better than it was.