Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Some changes seem to have gone in. Getting CP from downing the the big elemental guys. And I got CP from Tremblade even though I was dead when he went down.

Does Earth Shield work on the elemental bosses? It never seemed to proc on Groot.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

It's not only Ashran, there are LOTS of beta feedback, in waves, hard yelled, that I saw Blizzard ignoring.
    What Blizzard REALLY have to ignore are the "old-school" developers that think that for something to work all you need is lock some important reward behind it, and people will find a way to reach it.

Ashran MUST be the proof that it doesn't work, and they must let those developers go, after this. It's confusing, funneling, bugged, and the worst of all was changing the hubs of such good places as Bladespire and Karabor to the outskirst of Ashran to try a little more push into that crap.... It was a failure.

The structures of Bladespire and Karabor scream of organized cities, the outskirts of Ashran are so confusing that sometimes I still can't find a specific NPC. I know NONE of my hearthstones are at Ashran.

I hope Ashran was the swam cry for those crappy developers that lock important stuff behind crappy tasks, and call it a success, because "people still pursue".
    I bet most of you stopped to choose the apexis daily of Ashran in last week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    can someone from outland alliance (EU) tell me what your queue times are like for ashran?
    You can bug yourself into Ashran on alliance with far more ease than on horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    It's not only Ashran, there are LOTS of beta feedback, in waves, hard yelled, that I saw Blizzard ignoring.
    What Blizzard REALLY have to ignore are the "old-school" developers that think that for something to work all you need is lock some important reward behind it, and people will find a way to reach it.

Ashran MUST be the proof that it doesn't work, and they must let those developers go, after this. It's confusing, funneling, bugged, and the worst of all was changing the hubs of such good places as Bladespire and Karabor to the outskirst of Ashran to try a little more push into that crap.... It was a failure.

The structures of Bladespire and Karabor scream of organized cities, the outskirts of Ashran are so confusing that sometimes I still can't find a specific NPC. I know NONE of my hearthstones are at Ashran.

I hope Ashran was the swam cry for those crappy developers that lock important stuff behind crappy tasks, and call it a success, because "people still pursue".
    I bet most of you stopped to choose the apexis daily of Ashran in last week.
    It sounds awfully like the producers that made The Sims 4 too.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Asshran is rly big disappointment. But fixing is so easy yet blizz ignore all kind of feedback...
    1. Make asshran BG, remove rewards so its instanced and able to get more ppl in. = que times solved
    2. Allow blacklist 3 BGs = strategy fixed
    3. ...
    4. Profit

I find ashran a hilarious disapointment for a number of reasons.

1. This is why we didn't get true capital cities.
    2. They didn't have the foresight to see this would play out as a massive zerg with faction imbalance.
    3. The zone itself has as much to do with PvE mechanics as it does with killing players. Probably done to try to entice PvE players.
    4. Blizzard didn't even have enough faith in the zone to be popular without requiring people to participate.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have yet to get into Ashran since the start of the expansion. Played 4 hours last night and my Ashran queue didn't pop so I ended up going to bed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobaltius View Post
    Odd it is the polar opposite for me, this is what typical battles from Alliance side looks like;

It is just like BGs there is absolutely no semblance of balance.
    Just out of interest, what do those numbers mean when it says next to the alliance shield "enemies slain 201/1000" does it mean that there are 1000 horde and the alliance got 201 kills? Whereas the 702/800 next to the horde shield means there are 800 alliance and the horde got 702 kills?

When it says "next battle 00:05" what constitutes a "battle"? The time between when the generals both spawn and one is killed?

On-topic - I agree with most of the posters here, the queues are just silly given the 200 CP extra cap. I queued for hours last night, even took up fishing (the Level 3 fishing achievement is pretty insane) but it was just too boring and so I switched to an alt. I want 200 extra CP a week, but I don't want to spend hours idling in order to get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    Just out of interest, what do those numbers mean when it says next to the alliance shield "enemies slain 201/1000" does it mean that there are 1000 horde and the alliance got 201 kills? Whereas the 702/800 next to the horde shield means there are 800 alliance and the horde got 702 kills?

When it says "next battle 00:05" what constitutes a "battle"? The time between when the generals both spawn and one is killed?

On-topic - I agree with most of the posters here, the queues are just silly given the 200 CP extra cap. I queued for hours last night, even took up fishing (the Level 3 fishing achievement is pretty insane) but it was just too boring and so I switched to an alt. I want 200 extra CP a week, but I don't want to spend hours idling in order to get.

as far as i know, it means that alliance have killed 200 horde since that battle started, and when they kill 1000 they meet their objective, i think they get a special npc or something once they reach 1000 kills.

as for the battles, it has the objective at the top, and a faction has to complete that objective before the time runs out, usually the alliance/horde needs to capture this area or kill the general, i don't know what happens if you complete it. but if its not completed i think it reverts to the previous objective.