Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So... about those 5 days Blizz is giving to us.

Did you get it already? Ive seen a blue post that they will give 5 free days to people that had their account active/were logged at the release of WoD. I still can't see it on my game time history. Im asking about it because my subscription ends tomorrow and im just wondering how will they solve it out

Any transaction involving credit cards and the stuff will take time, especially when your trying to give 10 million subscribers all an extra 5 days. Please, be patient!

Does it matter? You're gonna pay for next month anyway right?

You're saving what, 2 euro/3 dollars? Does it really matter or am I missing something?

I thought of it as just a part of the launch process, there was no real way for Blizzard to anticipate 3 million extra people coming back to the game and how they would affect their systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    I thought of it as just a part of the launch process, there was no real way for Blizzard to anticipate 3 million extra people coming back to the game and how they would affect their systems.
    To be fair, unless 3 million people bought it 2 days before launch, i'm pretty sure they had a fair idea of how many would play, gaming companies have statisticians employed to model sales with a reasonable uncertainty, and access number to units sold

Hey all, the free time hasn't yet been applied to eligible accounts. I don't have an ETA to share as to when we're applying the time, but I don't expect it will be too much longer. Thanks for hanging in there in the meantime!

5 days is not really enough. its 15$ a month, so that shouldn't hurt anyone here.

Deleted
    its nice of blizzard to do that, they prob weren't ready for the 10million subs, players wanted to come back ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Araxom View Post
    Hey all, the free time hasn't yet been applied to eligible accounts. I don't have an ETA to share as to when we're applying the time, but I don't expect it will be too much longer. Thanks for hanging in there in the meantime!
    Thank-you for the update Araxom. I was wondering this myself.
    Karma always has the last laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol come on people have some patience for once. Did they say they were going to give it you right away? No. Don't worry about it you'll get your 5 days, geez.

And if they were to for some reason lie to their millions of fans and not give us those 5 free days you're only missing out on $2.50. If you really want that money, give me your home address and I'll mail you the damn money myself.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2014-11-21 at 01:10 AM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

All times Ive received game time on my account, it shows up at the end of my pay periods, pushing back the payment date of each. Ie my next payment date is December 11, 5 days will be added and I wont be charged till the 16th.

Jesus christ people... it's not about money. I won't have time to play right now and thats why Im asking about those 5 free days.

Cheers

Deleted
    I wonder if they will be given before weekend, I really don't want to resub now I have so much exams this month

Thank you Araxam!
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Lol come on people have some patience for once. Did they say they were going to give it you right away? No. Don't worry about it you'll get your 5 days, geez.

And if they were to for some reason lie to their millions of fans and not give us those 5 free days you're only missing out on $2.50. If you really want that money, give me your home address and I'll mail you the damn money myself.
    You're gonna mail it to all 10 million subscribers?

Quote Originally Posted by Droyda View Post
    Jesus christ people... it's not about money. I won't have time to play right now and thats why Im asking about those 5 free days.

Cheers
    what? if you dont have time to play, why do you need 5 free days?

it's not like blizzard can give you 5 days that does not exist in the calendar... i assume you're still gonna be busy with whatever it is.

so it's obviously only about the money, or am i missing something here?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    what? if you dont have time to play, why do you need 5 free days?

it's not like blizzard can give you 5 days that does not exist in the calendar... i assume you're still gonna be busy with whatever it is.

so it's obviously only about the money, or am i missing something here?
    Perhaps he's wondering if he can choose when to apply the five days to his account so he can use them when he can actually play, or if they just get added on to his current/next subscription?

Don't take me wrong, but Free time is like a candy you would give to kid. He'll be a happy camper for some time.

I was expecting something better, bigger, something saying : ''Hey guys, we know we somehow screwed up, we were not prepared, not enough. We're deeply sorry and we would like for you to accept this gift as a honest apology and a mark of reconnaissance that we will work harder and better for the future.''
    Last edited by powerstuck; 2014-11-21 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    It's all about the gesture. Those 5 free days are really not gonna make much of a difference for me, it's the gesture that counts. It's a show of good will. They admit, that for those 5 days the game was unplayable to a lot of people, and to not give players the feeling that Blizzard doesn't care, they tell players "you know what, you don't have to pay for these 5 days, our bad".

Didn't really pay attention to my game time lately but I still did not receive anything yet... Am I the only one? Or is it N-A only?