Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    That's not what I said, and not what the 5th requires. Your mentality is precisely why things like the Salem withcraft fiasco happened. Tone it down a notch.
    Lmfao new sig c: <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I'm just saying the same people who thinks that cops are lazy and do nothing but shoot at criminals are the retards that think the US invaded Afghanistan for oil.
    Cops aren't lazy for the most part. But they're people who make mistakes just like anyone else, and they have a duty to do their job. We shouldn't do it for them, and we shouldn't let them get by with low standards. That makes them better and it makes our system work better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    Being a passenger in a car is not a crime. The fifth amendment is not for coercing witnesses to be silent. This is nothing like the Salem witchtrials.
    Get a lawyer to straighten things out before things get worse for anyone involved.
    You didn't see that thread about Minimum prison sentences, did you?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok so my mom said her mom wasnt in the car, she just came outside after they got in the driveway

so it was girlfriend + x person in moms car

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    I would assume his own GF probably knew that his license was suspended and still chose to ride with him. All parties involved were irresponsible as hell, so from where I'm sitting, it's every man for themselves when it comes to staying out of trouble.

Given the situation, I'll gladly be the shitty person while you're sitting in jail.
    Well, certainly glad I don't associate with people of your stature then >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    ok so my mom said her mom wasnt in the car, she just came outside after they got in the driveway

so it was girlfriend + x person in moms car
    How come you won't tell me where you live? If it's near me I want to be able to sleep easier if a reckless driver gets put in jail.

<- this guy is so bad

Edit: I'll make it easier. Do you live in Queens?

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    I'm just saying the same people who thinks that cops are lazy and do nothing but shoot at criminals are the retards that think the US invaded Afghanistan for oil.
    But they've proven time and time again that they are lazy and do nothing besides go around trying to be tough with their guns. Sure there's a few good ones, but the majority of them are just lazy weaklings that are probably better off getting shot themselves and then have their funerals protested by that crazy church lady.

10+ Year Old Account
    But they've proven time and time again that they are lazy and do nothing besides go around trying to be tough with their guns. Sure there's a few good ones, but the majority of them are just lazy weaklings that are probably better off getting shot themselves and then have their funerals protested by that crazy church lady.
    Look, the media love horrible stories that will help them sell stuff. Thats why there are 100x more bad cop stories than neutral to good. Its not the Wild West out here ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Look, the media love horrible stories that will help them sell stuff. Thats why there are 100x more bad cop stories than neutral to good. Its not the Wild West out here ya know.
    Look, I could already tell that you live somewhere extremely sheltered based on your "Golly, I'd rather go to prison and get gang sodomized than have someone think i'm a "shitty person" attitude", so I can tell you that I'm not basing my opinions off purely media. I live where it is real. You might live through what you hear on the TV, which is probably why I think your opinions are foreign and dumb, but I live on these streets and to me cops are no good.

So yea.

swagggggggggggggg

10+ Year Old Account
    Look, I could already tell that you live somewhere extremely sheltered based on your "I'd rather go to prison and get gang sodomized than have someone think i'm a "shitty person"", so I can tell you that I'm not basing my opinions off purely media. I live where it is real. You might live through what you hear on the TV, which is probably why I think your opinions are foreign and dumb, but I live on these streets and to me cops are no good.

So yea.
    I find that while there are obviously shitty cops, treating them like how you'd want to be treated tends to end a LOT better.

Me and the bf drove from Texas to Oklahoma at midnight to watch a meteor shower. We ended up pulling into a rurla neighborhood, and had our lights off. That looks suspicious to anyone with half a brain yes? Well a cop comes up, asks us to step out. We do, my bf starts explaining while I offer to go get my insurence. We're apologetic, and while the cop was like "ya'll are kinda weird", he told us better places to be.

I didnt make his job harder than it had to, and he didn't make our lives harder than he had to.

So your brother already broke the law resulting in getting his license suspended in the first place; and now he broke it again evading police.

How about YOU do the right thing and turn your brother in.

Hopefully they throw the criminal in prison.

Deleted
    Without proof the police can do jack.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Without proof the police can do jack.
    Yup. All they can do is take action against the owner of the car that evaded them. "Jack."

10+ Year Old Account
    They clearly have some evidence, they found him, his girl, and the mom.

I've come to the conclusion that if it was my brother I'd have to tell to stop being such a punk ass bitch and step the fuck up and his own dumb ass mistake.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    they didnt find him, just the girl in the car, he just saw someone who ran off

Wow... Let's see what your brother did here:

1. Drove and got pulled over for driving without a license, a misdemeanor. Doesn't stay on your record, doesn't require any jail time and is usually just a citation that future employers would never see regardless.

2. Decides to freak out over a glorified $500~ ticket and commit a felony by leading the police into a car chase. This IS something that can get him jail time and certainly will be on his record for the rest of his life.

3. Runs away into the woods (another felony) from the scene of a felony (the car chase). Now he's pretty much guaranteeing himself jail time.

4. Tries to throw his girlfriend under the bus and toss these felonies and jail time on her.

You're brother is not only a dumbass, but pretty undeserving of his girlfriend. Pulling over like a normal human being would have simply made him $500 less rich and resulted in a free ride home with no felony/permanent record/warrants/etc.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by dusselldorf View Post
    Here's what you don't understand. If the girlfriend can be charged, she will be, regardless of what he does. You don't "let" anyone take the fall. Prosecutors prosecute on available evidence regardless of what you do. And yes, this is very much about very basic constitutional rights.
    Incorrect. Discretion is a thing, otherwise there would be no such thing as a warning. I've witnessed a sheriff no less let people go when they were caught doing something illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Wow... Let's see what your brother did here:

1. Drove and got pulled over for driving without a license, a misdemeanor. Doesn't stay on your record, doesn't require any jail time and is usually just a citation that future employers would never see regardless.

2. Decides to freak out over a glorified $500~ ticket and commit a felony by leading the police into a car chase. This IS something that can get him jail time and certainly will be on his record for the rest of his life.

3. Runs away into the woods (another felony) from the scene of a felony (the car chase). Now he's pretty much guaranteeing himself jail time.

4. Tries to throw his girlfriend under the bus and toss these felonies and jail time on her.

You're brother is not only a dumbass, but pretty undeserving of his girlfriend. Pulling over like a normal human being would have simply made him $500 less rich and resulted in a free ride home with no felony/permanent record/warrants/etc.
    #3 is invalid as it's part of the same act as #2. You don't get an attempted murder charge for each stab during a stabbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyalbo View Post
    so my brother was in a car with his gf, and my brother was apparently driving. now my brothers license is suspended so hes not supposed to be driving. a cop went to go pull them over (for what im told a reason wasnt given why) and my brother got scared and decided to drive away. at some point he apparently parked the car at the house and went into the woods in hid. the cop saw someone run into the woods but wasnt sure who it was and didnt go look for him. he then tried to arrest his girlfriend for driving the car but had no proof it was her and couldnt do it, he also tried getting the mom to admitting it was her who was driving. Now like 3 days after the incident the cop came to my house and said he was looking for my brother and said his girlfriend said he was driving. hes apparently going to go to my brothers job tomorrow to talk to him. the cop doesnt have proof of who was driving but said he was trying to get an alibi from my brother to say he wasnt there and then i believe the cop said he was going to charge his girlfriend then. now my question is, because the cop doesnt know who was driving, what can happen to them?
    The cop caught the girlfriend, the girlfriend correctly informed the officer that your brother was driving. Your brother is going to jail. There's no advice. He's an idiot. I'm sure whatever his driver's license got suspended for was also related to him doing dumb things.