Lumber Mill & Work Orders Issue

Work Orders at the Lumber Mill can only be generated by having timber in your character's bags. This seems to go against the changes for the other resources that can be stored in your bank. The timber also stacks to 250 and will not let you gain more. If you put your stack of 250 in the bank (knowing that you cant generate Work Orders to pull from the bank) you are still unable to start a new stack in your character bags as the game detects you already have 250 in the bank. What?

Somewhere I think some "wires" are crossed and this seems to be a missed issue. The world is full of timber for me to cut yet I'm penalized because I already have 250 of them and those have to be carried on my in order to generate Work Orders.

What has your experience been? Thoughts?

There's a few things that do this and I think it's just a matter of patching/tweaking/debugging. The lumber stacks up to 250 though, so it only takes one slot to carry. There's really no reason not to carry it as long as you're gathering anyway.

Maybe they don't want you to harvest 5000 timber and never go back out into the world again. 250 timber is enough for over 4 days worth of work orders. Assuming you already have your work orders filled (let's say 14/14), that's another 2+ days worth, leaving you at nearly 6 days worth of lumber. So basically, you have to log on every 6 days and collect 390 timber to maximize effectiveness of the lumber mill. I think the idea is to make you go out into draenor more often and make you log on for longer periods of time.

The lumber you get is marked at 250 unique. You can only have 250 total anywhere on your character, whether it's in the bank, in your bags, or divided between the two. That's how unique items have always worked.

It's definitely not good that you can't draw them from the bank, I'm sure that's a bug that will be fixed in the future, but that's just how it is for now - there's absolutely no point in putting them in the bank at the moment.

Just another silly example of them adding storage options that stupidly never get fully utilized (I'm looking at you dozens of items that were released with WoD that should have gone into the toy box).

15+ Year Old Account
    The lumber is unique(250) so not having it with you is pointless anyway. It doesn't get dumped in the reagent bank if you use the deposit all function either. It's fine really.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    The lumber is unique(250) so not having it with you is pointless anyway. It doesn't get dumped in the reagent bank if you use the deposit all function either. It's fine really.
    Hmmm, mine go in when I click deposit reagents. Have to manually pull them out each time. I wonder if any work order reagents will work from the bank. Will have to experiment this evening.

Some good points listed here. Thank you for the good discussion. Didn't realize they were unique but that explains it. I also understand the desire to have people exploring constantly. Something I'm a big fan of doing as a massive game explorer myself. I just hate that 1) I can't pull resources from the bank and 2) that I can't harvest timber in the world that I'm exploring because of the cap. I see a tree... the lumberjack in me wants to HARVEST!

Verified that, at least on my account, all work order mats dump when I click move reagents to the bank, and they all need to be on my toon to start a work order. Maybe a bug, will open a ticket. Makes the move reagents to bank button fairly useless. Not a big deal, but still.