10+ Year Old Account

Angry The amount of Truesteel it takes to make the BS armor

Does anyone else think it is a little excessive to make each BS armor item cost 100 Truesteel Ingot? I mean, what is the point of even having BS gear if you can't make it in time to prep for raiding. By the time I get that many Truesteel Ingot to make the pieces I will likely have already gotten better gear via raids. It kind of defeats the purpose of even having the BS gear in the game. Personally, I think each armor piece should cost about 20-25 Truesteel Ingot plus the other mat. Having it that way would make getting the gear before raiding that much more feasible. It would actually add meaning to the BS profession. It really makes me want to ask the question, "Who decides these numbers on what it costs to make an item?". They certainly do not think things through.

...and before someone chimes in saying "You're not supposed to just be handed gear yadda yadda yadda". I'm not asking to be given Mythic gear. I just want the BS gear to be made more affordable to help gear up to begin raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    u can farm primal spirits and buy em with that
    yes it'll take a few days for it to be done
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

10+ Year Old Account
    I totally agree. 100 is way too much and that is the first thing that came to mind when I bought my first recipe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cost the same for all prof

10+ Year Old Account
    Its the same amount for everyone, honestly its not that bad, it takes 7 days to make something if your doing your workorders/daily CD and you were 600 skill level to begin with. Im a leatherworker and I dont think its to bad to wait 7 days to make gear. Its the start of the expac afterall.
    60 Priest - Sinfel https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...eldorei/sinfel
    60 Mage - Redrayn https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...ldorei/redrayn

I used to have a cool signature, but now its limited it 6 lines and that has my boobs all twisted with anger!

Quote Originally Posted by Eomar View Post
    Does anyone else think it is a little excessive to make each BS armor item cost 100 Truesteel Ingot? I mean, what is the point of even having BS gear if you can't make it in time to prep for raiding. By the time I get that many Truesteel Ingot to make the pieces I will likely have already gotten better gear via raids. It kind of defeats the purpose of even having the BS gear in the game. Personally, I think each armor piece should cost about 20-25 Truesteel Ingot plus the other mat. Having it that way would make getting the gear before raiding that much more feasible. It would actually add meaning to the BS profession. It really makes me want to ask the question, "Who decides these numbers on what it costs to make an item?". They certainly do not think things through.

...and before someone chimes in saying "You're not supposed to just be handed gear yadda yadda yadda". I'm not asking to be given Mythic gear. I just want the BS gear to be made more affordable to help gear up to begin raiding.

I've almost got enough for my second gear piece? Mine, Lots. Spend Primals on truesteel. Gorgrond was bugged for me launch night, so I mined from 63-64 I had so many primals I cut days off my craft time. If you wan't to craft them faster, as always you gotta put effort in and grind.

The system seems derpy at first, it's defenitely meh, but then again professions have been meh for a long time.

With a lvl2 forge doing work orders with a lvl100 bs folower + lvl700 bs daily material, you get roughly 20 mats a day. Items cost roughly 100 so that's 5 days per item (in MoP it took 21~28 days if you didn't want to spend money). Not counting you can buy more mats with Primal Spirits to speed it up.

If you get your profession and garrison working up quickly you can get up to 3 pieces before the first raid even opens. And even after that you can work on upgrading said pieces up to 2 times to keep them useful a while longer.

It's really not as bad as it looks at first glance, you get stuff pretty quick.

Deleted
    Yeah leatherworking it is the same, I don't know if you can get more than 1 truesteel ingot from one work order, but in less than a day I will have enough leather to make a 640 epic and I started my leatherworking business the day after launch, ofcourse I also have a follower working there, and before anyone ask, no I don't have leatherworking as my main proffs, so it is doable for us with the tannery to get gear before raiding.

Farm primal spirits.. you get hundreds of the things just from standard play. If you spent a few hours farming shattrath or something you'd be loaded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    you get 22 of them a day with work orders and your daily cooldown.

I already have 120+ and still we have a week and a half before raids open. Crafted has never be and will never be gear that you get to get a head start in raids (though it helps). Crafted gear is so that non raiders have a good way to get a decent ilvl, and incase you have bad RNG in raids. I wont even be crafting my BS gear until we start mythic, so I know what to craft and what I dont need.