Upgrading my GPU

Looking to replace my EVGA gtx 770sc 2gb card with a new 970. Thinking about getting an EVGA gtx 970 FTW or the ssc. But something popped into my head since I have a Gigabyte gaming motherboard, would the Gigabyte g1 gaming 970 be a better fit for me?

Deleted
    shouldn't make any difference. go for the GPU that you want.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter what motherboard you have...you just buy the best current brand that is available as well as compatible with your case/PSU. If you're running a 770 I know that you're able to run a 970 so the PSU isn't an issue. Your case though, what case do you have? Have to make sure the card can fit. I personally would recommend Gigabyte/MSI/ASUS. Each have their own perks.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

I have a corsair 650d and im partial to EVGA, but I have seen a lot about the other three brands mainly the gigabyte g1, coolest card of the brands. Just don't want tons of coil whine, and everything I've read is mixed with the EVGA cards

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I normally like EVGA as well as my 770s are both EVGA and my 570 was as well. But yes, they have been labeled as the worst of the 4 major brands right now. I do have 2 friends who both have the EVGAs and they seem fine with it, but I still don't normally recommend it to anyone unless size was an issue.

the 650D will fit either of the cards though so the gigabyte would be fine.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Hmmm tough decision now since newegg just got the FTW back in stock. Is it true that the pcb's on the other brands are just flat out better?

Deleted
    just to make sure: the Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 is a VERY LONG card ... and wouldn't fit into my be quiet! Silent Base 800 unless i took out the drive bays ... ^^