Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Artcraft - Blood Elf Update

Artcraft - Blood Elf Update
    The Blood Elf preview is finally here!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Hello and welcome to the Blood Elf edition of Artcraft! We know that many of you have been waiting for this update, so I’ll just provide some quick background and then get straight into the imagery.

We’re aware that it’s not ideal to see a mix of older player character models next to newer player character models, especially when you happen to be a player of the Blood Elf variety—and we’re working as diligently to remedy that situation as quickly as possible without sacrificing quality. We don’t have an exact ETA for when you’ll see these in-game, but we’re happy with the direction of this update with regards to the model and textures; we’re now focusing on model and texture variations, as well as rigging and animating. We’ve streamlined the process quite a bit, so hopefully (knock on wood) those things will go smoothly and we’ll be able to roll these out quickly.

Senior Artist Dusty Nolting is focusing on the female model—here are his thoughts:

The Horde has classically been about brutes, blood, and thunder. The Blood Elves bring a bit of subtlety to the Horde, and I think that was one of the most important aspects of the Blood Elves to maintain. For the female specifically, something we did often was move things around in small but deliberate increments, to make sure everything was just right. It’s the delicate details like her nose shape or fingertips that represent the most challenging parts of upgrading the female.

Senior Artist Joe Keller is focusing on the Blood Elf male model. Here’s what he had to say about his approach:

The male Blood Elf already has a lot of character with his easily recognizable pose and stylish hair. Our update just gives us a chance to define and focus on that. His anatomy, facial features, and hair will all get an update while still maintaining his iconic look, bringing him to the level of the other new character models.

Thank you for taking the time to check out where we are with these updates. We’re excited to get these models in the game, and are working hard to make that happen as quickly as possible—though as ever, quality is paramount, and presenting the best, most highly polished work we can will always come first.

Thank you, and Shorel’aran!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really impressed to be honest.

With all of the problems of the Night Elves, I feel like their update still accomplished more.

Granted, Female Blood Elves DO look better, all of the problems I had with the male still exist.

dat booty though...

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I really like what they did with the males! They look chiseled and yet, almost exactly the same.

The female's face looks weird though. Almost like her chin is jutting out too much. Hopefully she looks better when she's fully animated and rigged.

Sig by Isilrien

The males remind of KT which is awesome.

I dig the shit out of that.

IMPORTANT>>>>>>>>>>

Do Death Knights still get black undies?!

I cannot wait to see them in game.

Now lets hope they didnt fucked up the running animations.

Just need bigger boobs to be Jessica Nigri look-a-like
    Also - DAT ASS

Please don't have a bouncing run, please don't have a bouncing run...

I just wish they'd make weapons bigger on the female. Hate having tiny weapons for xmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Omg yaaaaaaaaas!!!

Deleted
    Dunno why I was expecting BE females to look less like bikini models...

Suddenly extremely glad I used my 90 boost on a Belf. ._. Do she got a booty? She dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Deleted
    Why they opt to keep that shitty male belf stance is beyond me, they look completely retarded -.-

Deleted
    wow, the females looks disturbing. The male one got the update I expected.

Deleted
    Love them!

As per usual, less effort is being put into the new models gradually model by model.

Deleted
    I heard a great "Meh" resound across the world.

Maybe after they finished the (rather good) blood elf update, they can get around and release an up on par body texture for the new night elf males. Those are about as good as the old blood elf one.