Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Question What Warrior DPS spec do you play now after the nerfs?

    Well since we have seen basically all 3 dps specs receive nothing but 20% nerfs to almost every damaging ability and recklessness+Skull Banner Nerf among who knows what else now, what does that you leave you wanting to play as?
    Personally I liked playing as Gladiator due to a little more so of watching rage and CD's compared to Arms and Furry, but today playing it, after the Nerf with a 636 Ilvl, I hit horribly low in 5mans compared to everyone else. So I'm rolling with arms and smashing my big bad 3 almost 4 button rotation at times now (inset sarcasm)

  2. #2
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Well since we have seen basically all 3 dps specs receive nothing but 20% nerfs to almost every damaging ability and recklessness+Skull Banner Nerf among who knows what else now, what does that you leave you wanting to play as?
    Personally I liked playing as Gladiator due to a little more so of watching rage and CD's compared to Arms and Furry, but today playing it, after the Nerf with a 636 Ilvl, I hit horribly low in 5mans compared to everyone else. So I'm rolling with arms and smashing my big bad 3 almost 4 button rotation at times now (inset sarcasm)
    Just gonna reroll Mage. Fuck this. Love the class but I also love doing DECENT damage.

  3. #3
    Deleted
    I'll stick to Glad, certainly. And it's not a 20% damage nerf, it's more like 7% or something. Still big, but we were strong already, so it should be fine.

  4. #4
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaelden View Post
    I'll stick to Glad, certainly. And it's not a 20% damage nerf, it's more like 7% or something. Still big, but we were strong already, so it should be fine.
    How do you get it to 7%?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaStone View Post
    Just gonna reroll Mage. Fuck this. Love the class but I also love doing DECENT damage.
    Good riddance. Lol. WHERE IS YOUR SPINE?!?
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

  6. #6
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    Good riddance. Lol. WHERE IS YOUR SPINE?!?
    Dude, there is no way they are gonna make Warrior viable this expac with this nerf. Arms and Fury is already so far behind and now they nerf the funniest spec in game? Jesus.

  7. #7
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaStone View Post
    How do you get it to 7%?
    overall glad received a ~6-7 % dmg nerf. its not like Rev and SS are the only dmg'ing abilities used.

    i stick to gladiator. still very fun to play and nothing changed, but the dmg. a nerf was expected and i didnt think it would even make it to live like it was.

  8. #8
    Deleted
    Probably continue to play Glad, I spent 180k on gear for the fucking spec. It's the only DPS spec left that even slightly resembles what I love about Warriors, Fury does shit damage and I still think Arms is a massively early April Fools Day joke.

  9. #9
    Banned Gandrake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaStone View Post
    How do you get it to 7%?
    because math?

    you don't even need a high school education to know that a 20% reduction on something you don't use that often and a 20% reduction on one out of a few things you use as often as possible does not equal OMG A 20% LOSS

  10. #10
    I just simulated full BiS glad to be ~3k less dps now with the nerfs.
    Last edited by TheValkyrie; 2014-11-26 at 09:20 AM.
    DPS Warrior of "Hard in the Paint" Arthas
    A true master is an eternal student.
    My YouTube

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    3k at 695?
    From around 41k to 37709.

    I personally lost around 1.5k.
    Last edited by TheValkyrie; 2014-11-26 at 09:25 AM.
    DPS Warrior of "Hard in the Paint" Arthas
    A true master is an eternal student.
    My YouTube

  13. #13
    Glad still, I played fury to level and until ~615 ilvl, it's incredibly lame other than for 3+ mobs where you can drop ravager, bladestorm, and feel like your damage is decent.

    Glad dps feels underwhelming at 630 ilvl now, but it's usually right on par with the rest of the group or slightly below (if hunters).

  14. #14
    High Overlord kiaranqilue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Posts
    143
    I'm still confident about staying Arms for Cleave/AOE fights and Glad for ST.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Gdcotton View Post
    Well since we have seen basically all 3 dps specs receive nothing but 20% nerfs to almost every damaging ability and recklessness+Skull Banner Nerf among who knows what else now, what does that you leave you wanting to play as?
    Personally I liked playing as Gladiator due to a little more so of watching rage and CD's compared to Arms and Furry, but today playing it, after the Nerf with a 636 Ilvl, I hit horribly low in 5mans compared to everyone else. So I'm rolling with arms and smashing my big bad 3 almost 4 button rotation at times now (inset sarcasm)
    Fury (still) can't wait for the gimmick spec to get nerfed more and fury/arms get buffed. Gladiator should be a side option, not better than the REAL warrior dps specs. Hate the playstyle...if I wanted to act like a tank dps'ing I'd play a tank.

  16. #16
    Pandaren Monk Sainur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Khazad-dûm
    Posts
    1,934
    Still gladiator cause fury and arms is still complete shit.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

  17. #17
    just did DPS silver as prot spec with def stance, 1 shot. did this purely for the "You're doing it wrong" achiv.

    ridiculously easy compared to my mage, i seem to have no luck with ice lance procs but whatever, thats another story.

    switched to Glad stance for Gold, wow that last mob, son of a B. i always had 200k-ish left before the timer goes off, had to remove some macros, make sure i got CDs available and used both the Bloodlust chests, got him down on my 4th try with 6secs left.

    the dmg is still decent after the nerf, im kindda liking it.

  18. #18
    Glad, still our best dps spec. Ran some dungeons with it last night, the nerf was hardly a worry.

  19. #19
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Fury (still) can't wait for the gimmick spec to get nerfed more and fury/arms get buffed. Gladiator should be a side option, not better than the REAL warrior dps specs. Hate the playstyle...if I wanted to act like a tank dps'ing I'd play a tank.
    Good thing Glad IS a real warrior dps spec.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekowa View Post
    Good thing Glad IS a real warrior dps spec.
    It's a TALENT that allows you to dps in prot spec...it's stupid. Glad people like it but it should NOT be the top warrior dps spec.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •