Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Why though?

I was talking about pve soloing and pvp. Revenge generates 20 rage and does more damage than Devastate. I don't see the point in spamming Devastate for possible Shield Slam procs when Revenge is just sitting there waiting to be used.

I feel like as soon as Revenge procs, you have to drop everything and hit Revenge or else you're possibly missing out on rage.
    If you are soloing PvE and doing PvP you shouldn't be using US anyways. Heavy Rep would be better for burst. You could get away with US for some solo PvE, but generally that kind of content won't require the sustained DPS. Regardless there is still no reason you wouldn't be able to Devastate once every 5 seconds.

Why though?

I was talking about pve soloing and pvp. Revenge generates 20 rage and does more damage than Devastate. I don't see the point in spamming Devastate for possible Shield Slam procs when Revenge is just sitting there waiting to be used.

I feel like as soon as Revenge procs, you have to drop everything and hit Revenge or else you're possibly missing out on rage.
    He was talking about devastating to keep US from falling off

Honestly I've been mainlining US in PVP and I don't really hate it. PVP nowadays is just a trainfest, not really necessary to burst.

Severe autism territory: with regards consumables, is it possible to get slightly more value by combining a Mantid/Deep Earth elixir and Mad Hozen elixir?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If you are soloing PvE and doing PvP you shouldn't be using US anyways. Heavy Rep would be better for burst. You could get away with US for some solo PvE, but generally that kind of content won't require the sustained DPS. Regardless there is still no reason you wouldn't be able to Devastate once every 5 seconds.
    HR is better in PvP, I already know that.

There's just times where you have high rage and 3 things are attacking you while you're generating massive Revenge Procs while Shield Charge is up. At that point I just feel like I'm wildly mashing my keyboard not thinking about what I'm doing. It gets to the point where I just completely forget Devastate even exists because there's too many buttons to mash at the same time. If you get too many Revenges, you basically get 10 rage Heroic Strikes for free. Spam, spam spam spam.

On top of keeping the normal dps rotation up in pvp, you have to keep up Hamstring and Shield Barrier. There's so many buttons with this spec its unbelievable.

In pve I just keep Shield Slam off cool down, keep Revenge off cool down, mash Heroic Strike in between all of that when you have high rage is what I've been doing. Devastate is only used during downtime or if I'm not getting attacked by a pve boss or player. I cycle between Devastate and Heroic Strike during a Shield Charge when Shield Slam is off cool down. In other words I use Heroic Strike when Devastate is locked in the gcd.

I'm not sure if that's right but its what I've been doing. Other Warriors macro Heroic Strike into Devastate but that just seems silly to me. It's like when bad DK's macro Blood Tap to Frost Strike/Death Coil, it doesn't work.

Shield Barrier is like the worst fucking defensive in existence. I get like a 7% absorb for 60 rage, the only time you should ever consider touching it is if you're hopelessly rage capped or every other defensive is down and it's a complete last ditch effort to survive.

Also, one perk of taking US is being able to glyph Hindering Strikes for basically a perma-snare.
    Last edited by Jalopy; 2014-11-29 at 04:45 AM.

Very nice guide, thanks for writing this!

How bad is the DPS loss from using HR instead of US? US is wrecking my fingers I can't stand using it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Shield Barrier is like the worst fucking defensive in existence. I get like a 7% absorb for 60 rage, the only time you should ever consider touching it is if you're hopelessly rage capped or every other defensive is down and it's a complete last ditch effort to survive.
    I don't want to make this a pvp thread but I'll continue just this one time.

Shield Barrier actually really good because in PvP because you generate extra rage from enemy attacks. You generate too much rage in PvP from other people, Revenge spamming (if there's a melee on you) Charge, Shield Slam ect.

I really don't feel like I'm losing that much damage by keeping Shield Barrier up. You really only lose Heroic Strike for a few seconds. Plus, Shield Barrier is a 25k absorb, its pretty good because you're constantly migrating damage.

Idk I couldn't imagine not using Shield Barrier for filler damage Heroic Strike. Its been working for me at least.

HR is better in PvP, I already know that.

There's just times where you have high rage and 3 things are attacking you while you're generating massive Revenge Procs while Shield Charge is up. At that point I just feel like I'm wildly mashing my keyboard not thinking about what I'm doing. It gets to the point where I just completely forget Devastate even exists because there's too many buttons to mash at the same time. If you get too many Revenges, you basically get 10 rage Heroic Strikes for free. Spam, spam spam spam.

On top of keeping the normal dps rotation up in pvp, you have to keep up Hamstring and Shield Barrier. There's so many buttons with this spec its unbelievable.

In pve I just keep Shield Slam off cool down, keep Revenge off cool down, mash Heroic Strike in between all of that when you have high rage is what I've been doing. Devastate is only used during downtime or if I'm not getting attacked by a pve boss or player. I cycle between Devastate and Heroic Strike during a Shield Charge when Shield Slam is off cool down. In other words I use Heroic Strike when Devastate is locked in the gcd.

I'm not sure if that's right but its what I've been doing. Other Warriors macro Heroic Strike into Devastate but that just seems silly to me. It's like when bad DK's macro Blood Tap to Frost Strike/Death Coil, it doesn't work.
    You've got it right, the spec is a spamfest. Even when you have everything up though, the only possible situation you would not be able to Devastate within 5 seconds is if Revenge constantly procced, which should be pretty rare.

At best you've got Shield Slam, Revenge and a T60 talent to use, adding up to 4.5s with no haste. With haste you could easily fit a 4th GCD within 5 seconds to Devastate with, but honestly, there is no reason not to delay the T60 talent an extra GCD for Devastate should the need arise.

With regards to constantly proccing Revenge, you have to remember that in this hypothetical sitaution we are saying "yes, Revenge will keep proccing". In a realistic situation though, we don't know that. We only know it has a chance to proc again. So what is more important to do? Make sure we get an extra stack of US or waste that on a gamble that Revenge will proc again? I'd go for the 100% chance.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't want to make this a pvp thread but I'll continue just this one time.

Shield Barrier actually really good because in PvP because you generate extra rage from enemy attacks.
    I thought that was only Arms. Really haven't done any PvP this expansion yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    With regards to constantly proccing Revenge, you have to remember that in this hypothetical sitaution we are saying "yes, Revenge will keep proccing". In a realistic situation though, we don't know that. We only know it has a chance to proc again. So what is more important to do? Make sure we get an extra stack of US or waste that on a gamble that Revenge will proc again? I'd go for the 100% chance.
    Yeah that makes sense. It's better to keep the US stacks up over Revenge. It's just frustrating sometimes when I ignore Revenge procs that keep spamming. I mean we're at around 20% parry, it happens a decent amount of time.

It won't happen in Raids though so its not a big deal. It really only happens in PvP or solo content or when a tank dies in a dungeon and you have to pick up the adds.

I thought that was only Arms. Really haven't done any PvP this expansion yet.
    Nah all three specs basically have the same set bonuses.

Shield Barrier is nearly worthless for Arms because you lose too much damage. I still use it, but its basically out of desperation or if I have TfB on a lot of people where rage doesn't even matter anymore.

Just thought i'd mention, since the recent nerf has been implemented into Simcraft I'm seeing multistrike consistently pulling ahead of haste, previously (pre-nerf SC version) it was back and forth but now it's just ahead for me.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

have you considered BA and crit elixirs? i think they might be better than str flask

Quote Originally Posted by Insania View Post
    have you considered BA and crit elixirs? i think they might be better than str flask
    The old armor elixirs are just that, armor and not bonus armor. Cataclysm ones are in any case, not checked the MOP ones.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

MoP ones counts to Bonus armor. I think, spelling of tooltips of both cata and MoP elixirs is slightly off.

Quote Originally Posted by Insania View Post
    MoP ones counts to Bonus armor. I think, spelling of tooltips of both cata and MoP elixirs is slightly off.
    They do count but as I said in the first response, its not intended and therefor likely to get fixed sooner rather than later. If players wish to use them, they can do so.

Deleted
    I'm curious about glad opener (with US talent).
    Not sure if i should hold SC/BB/DR until 2-3 stacks before going ham.

Bit afraid to ask you questions Arch, but how is it done ?

Quote Originally Posted by santa666 View Post
    I'm curious about glad opener (with US talent).
    Not sure if i should hold SC/BB/DR until 2-3 stacks before going ham.

Bit afraid to ask you questions Arch, but how is it done ?
    Afraid why?

Don't hold anything, just go full tilt from the start. Depending on luck with SSlam resets/Enrage procs you'll probably only get 3 HS inside the first Shield Charge but by the time you chain to the second Shield Charge, you'll be maxing stacks.

Something like (not accounting for Haste or SS resets just to make it easy)

0: Charge
    1.5: Shield Charge + BB, Shield Slam
    3.0: Revenge
    4.5: Devastate
    6.0: Devastate
    7.5: Shield Slam (remember due to Haste this will occur before SC wears off)
    Delay next Shield Charge until SSlam comes off CD. Fill with Devastate.

Archi great guide thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastt View Post
    Archi great guide thank you.
    Thanks. Added the opener part to the guide. If anyone thinks of other things that should be included let me know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Afraid why?
    You're intimidating
    Thanks for the detailed answer! (Probably gonna "reroll" glad and be backup tank, tired of the responsibility.)