Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At this point, the game is going to keep on trucking as it is. I think there's little hope for another Star Wars MMO while EA holds the license, so we can just hope for some Star Wars RPG's to go along with Battlefront 3.
    I do wonder if there might be room for a Destiny like SW game, pseudoMMO, more actiony and playable on consoles and such.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

WoW just had its 10th anniversry, I can see SWTOR holding out that long at least. SWG released June 26, 2003 and was shut down on December 15, 2011. People (myself included) played or still play emulators for SWG. I can see another xpac or three in SWTORs future.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauced View Post
    WoW just had its 10th anniversry, I can see SWTOR holding out that long at least. SWG released June 26, 2003 and was shut down on December 15, 2011. People (myself included) played or still play emulators for SWG. I can see another xpac or three in SWTORs future.
    For the current time being I wouldn't expect SWTOR to go anywhere.

It's making too much money for now. That could easily change in the future but for now. It's riding rather high I think given competition and it's F2P status.

Deleted
    If they removed warzone restrictions the game could go on forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Bioware/EA are making good money from the SWTOR Cartel Market. I imagine SWTOR will be around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Bioware/EA are making good money from the SWTOR Cartel Market. I imagine SWTOR will be around for a while.
    Well, we're assuming they are. EA has been very vague on any information about SWTOR's financials for a while, usually not even talking about them. I'm sure SoR gave them a pretty solid injection of cash, though.

No doubt they've gotten quite a boost over the past 2 days, with the introduction of that Contraband Slot Machine. Apparently the RoI is... rather high.

SWTOR is an EXCELLENT game. It really is. Lots of folks left at the first signs of trouble at the start. I'll agree to the fuck ton of bugs in raid and grop content but it didn tbreak the game or make it bad. My ONLY issue is the story mode, hard mode, Nightmare mode shit. I would like to see new raid content come out more often. I know its a f2p game but I'm sure its quite healthy $$ wise.

Would also like to see more companion stories but thats soemthing else that i doubt will ever see light on. I've been playing a bit when not playing simcity/raiding in WoD but the new planet Rishi looks amazing. Many thumbs up to that. SOOOOO I don't see the game going anywhere any time soon. ALSO I HATE CASH SHOPS!!! It makes me want to spend money on internet goodies!

p.s. wtf isnt there any voice acting for Jessa in Revan? SO far with the chats I have not had here or any of my other companions chat much at all. Now im only 59 so far but it would have been nice to have them be acitve a bit more in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    p.s. wtf isnt there any voice acting for Jessa in Revan? SO far with the chats I have not had here or any of my other companions chat much at all. Now im only 59 so far but it would have been nice to have them be acitve a bit more in the story.
    There's the one quest on Rishi where one of your companions gets involved, but that's it. There are spots on both Rishi and Yavin 4 where your companion could say something based on the surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    No doubt they've gotten quite a boost over the past 2 days, with the introduction of that Contraband Slot Machine. Apparently the RoI is... rather high.
    It's very expensive to get one but damn if their not worth it.

I spent about 150K in credits and made more than 10X that back. I maxed out contraband cartel rep and had enough purple jawa junk to craft anything I want numerous times for alts.

It's one of those simply too good to pass up things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It's very expensive to get one but damn if their not worth it.

I spent about 150K in credits and made more than 10X that back. I maxed out contraband cartel rep and had enough purple jawa junk to craft anything I want numerous times for alts.

It's one of those simply too good to pass up things.
    Do it as much as possible. I hear it's getting nerfed. I'm not gonna do it though. Too afraid they may consider it "exploiting" even though it really isn't.

Do it as much as possible. I hear it's getting nerfed. I'm not gonna do it though. Too afraid they may consider it "exploiting" even though it really isn't.
    Originally Posted by SWTOR
    Hey folks,

We know that there have been many questions about the Contraband Slot Machine and its intent. Here are a few notes on it:
    • The Contraband Slot Machine is not bugged.
    • It is 100% not an exploit to use the Slot Machine.
    • If you feel the desire to sell access to your Stronghold, that’s totally up to you. As a reminder, do not scam people as that is against ToS.
    • We added the Slot Machine as a fun idea based on the positive feedback from the Nightlife event, so spend those credits to your heart’s content!
    With that being said, we do hear the concern from many of you around the effects of the Jawa Junk’s drop rate on the economy. We are going to take a look at it and make changes accordingly. I will let you know once I know more. In the meantime, have fun! :rak_03:

-eric

Quote Originally Posted by druespinosa View Post
    What are your opinions on how long SWTOR will last until shutdown, also do you think that once this happens there will be a new star wars mmo in development/released, and if so what timeline of the star wars universe do you think it will be in?
    If they would redo the entire PVP system, this game could last quite a while. I finally decided to quit recently when I reached level 60 with my Madness Sorc and became bored again. Now that Warlords of Draenor has been released, I'm thinking about coming back to WoW.

As far a any new prediction for SWTOR, it looks fairly good.

There was a bit of talk from EA and digital revenue:

Quote:
    Star Wars: The Old Republic also contributed to the segment with the expansion, Shadow of Revan, attracting many more people into the with its epic new storyline. Star Wars fans remain deeply engaged in The Old Republic universe, and we're more excited to see how that will build, as we get closer to the launch of the new Star Wars movie in December.[/quote]

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2856...nscript?page=3

It seems EA is happy enough with how SWTOR going and they seem to see it lasting and very excited to see what happens when the new movie hits at the end of the year and if that can turn watchers into gamers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how to feel about the game atm. The numerous quest NPC's in the new zones that just give you a quest via datapad just rubs me the wrong way. I really liked having fully voiced dialog for everything in the past. Going up to a NPC and getting a paragraph or so of text and a Accept/Refuse button is a bit of an immersion breaker.

I'm not sure how to feel about the game atm. The numerous quest NPC's in the new zones that just give you a quest via datapad just rubs me the wrong way. I really liked having fully voiced dialog for everything in the past. Going up to a NPC and getting a paragraph or so of text and a Accept/Refuse button is a bit of an immersion breaker.
    So far thats a non-issue for me.

The important story driving quests have voice dialogue and the side quests that turn into dailies in most cases are just pick up and go. That I'm Ok with. Dailies don't really need all that talk.

The bonus being, it's still better than other MMo's where its all just pick up and go or read this paragraph and go. I'll take the mixture of voice/cut scene stuff and general pick up and go for now.

Honestly, I think they did this deliberately because everyone complained about having to do cutscenes all the time. I.e. All the people complaining about planetary quests while leveling, etc.

So they changed that, and a now a different set of people are complaining about not having those cutscenes. Pretty much a lose-lose for Bioware.

Oh man, this actually makes me want to get the expansion more than anything else. Can't stand mashing space through all the pointless side-quests that have little to no bearing on anything other than to show how much time and money BioWare wasted on them.

Most of those are daily quests though, so it's not a matter of "cinematic is great" it's a matter of "watching the same cinematic every day".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Oh man, this actually makes me want to get the expansion more than anything else. Can't stand mashing space through all the pointless side-quests that have little to no bearing on anything other than to show how much time and money BioWare wasted on them.
    The central planet questline and the class-specific sideline are full cinematic voice and stuff. The other quests, which are dailies, have a text based with a bit of voice work.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

10+ Year Old Account
    Its making 100m+ a year right now, and probably only costs 10-15m a year to make. Its pretty profitable. I don't see it shutting down until they are only making 20-30m a year. I'd say they have 5-8 years left before it closes.

- - - Updated - - -

Swtor would have been better if only the class stories and important planet stories were voice acted. The rest of the money should have been spent on more content. It may have been able to dethrone WoW if they spent that extra surely 50m or more on actual content.