Page 1 of 2
LastLast

AOE Healing as DISC

Hello Everyone! Since WOD released I have noticed that a lot of healers are having issues dealing with multiple target healing. As a priest myself, I find healing Holy has never worked out for me so I generally use Disc as my healing spec of choice.

In some of the hero dungeons I find that I am struggling with landing heals on 4 + members during heavy AOE dmg phase. Any tips or guides on how to become more efficient in this area?

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't tried Disc yet in WoD, but shouldn't Spirit Shell + Prayer of Healing work when you know the group's about to take damage? Holy Nova was also decent in SoO.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    Haven't tried Disc yet in WoD, but shouldn't Spirit Shell + Prayer of Healing work when you know the group's about to take damage? Holy Nova was also decent in SoO.
    Holy Nova was nerfed by 50% since then. With not enough crit to use it to stack DA it is barely useful for anything anymore.
    You can use it to tag mobs and for the animation and that is about as far as that spell goes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by robtorbay View Post
    In some of the hero dungeons I find that I am struggling with landing heals on 4 + members during heavy AOE dmg phase. Any tips or guides on how to become more efficient in this area?
    Spam PW:S. Use it before the damage hits.

That's the thing with Disc- it specializes in PREVENTING damage, instead of healing it. You've gotta know when the "heavy AoE" is going to hit, and shield your group beforehand.

PoH is prohibitively expensive, and Holy Nova is nerfed to shit. I'd only suggest using PoH when you've got Empowered Archangel up.

Basicly this. + you can use the level 100 talent if you are stacked a lot. it will increase your aoe healing a lot.
    But i would guess barrier to slow down incomming damage then spirit shell and PoH for starters.

I`m no longer playing Disc at this time so things could have changed. i do believe Holy is the superior aoe healer though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

PoH is roughly 10% of your mana per cast. Casting 4 of them every minute is incredibly costly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aparthia View Post
    PoH is roughly 10% of your mana per cast. Casting 4 of them every minute is incredibly costly.
    Considering dungeon bosses don't last much longer than 2min, that isn't really an issue. Your net mana from the other spell with Solace is usually not much negative anyway. I prefer PI, but if you can't keep up the raid with PWS and CoW, then spending some mana on PoH isn't that bad. Just drink or regen mana during trash if it's cm's.

In dungeons it's not a bigger issue no, but in raids that's not a viable strategy.

In dungeons it's not a bigger issue no, but in raids that's not a viable strategy.
    That's where the other healers come in.

Deleted
    5mans = just single target heal with flash or penance, you usually won't need to prayer of healing(it's pure shit if you don't get all 5 heals in). Also blanket pws

raids = blanket pws, don't do anything else.

aoe heals suck for disc so just spam shields and flash heal. Poh is not worth the mana cost and hits like a girl and holy nova is worthless again.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    spam shields and flash heal
    Have fun OOMing in 2 minutes?

PoH is only really worth it when paired with Archangel especially since they turned our Inner Focus into Empowered Archangel making your first PoH after popping it a 100% crit. I try to pair AA with PI and it doesn't make it that painful. But yeah in a raid we're not going to be spamming nothing but PoHs for 5+ minutes.

Deleted
    The spec is horrible for mass aoe healing (not shielding). Most people think it's not, because they only see 5mans or they remember SoO, but they'll see in raids, if they didn't get a glimpse in molten core.

But, there is a slight chance to get some love from pw:s spam.

But, that can still oom easily, on commonly long raid fights.

You guys seem to forget that in a raid composition you'll be not healing ALONE.And disc was never a spec ment to AOE heal ppl and lift them up in a few seconds from 15% hp to 100%.Our job is to prevent the raid taking damage , to absorb the incoming big AOE damage.Flash heal in raid ? maybe with SoL , or just in extreme case of tank healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tataie View Post
    You guys seem to forget that in a raid composition you'll be not healing ALONE.

I think most people understand this. It's just that its obvious on major raid wide healing disc will be crippled unless there is a very clearly defined pattern of a "pulse" (to preshield). Hopefully though most fights won't have that since yeah, you know, it's not like ANY healer can overgear big damage at this early stage.

There is of course also the dino of soo pattern: Non-instant raid wide damage, but one that stops completely after a short session, probably getting you oom, but only for a short while.
    Last edited by mmoc4d6ae87215; 2014-12-02 at 11:35 AM.

Deleted
    7.1%, with no overheal it's much higher HPM than Flash Heal which others are suggesting. Prayer of Healing really isn't so bad, just don't over heal and ideally don't get in to the situation you need to use it by keeping on top of absorbs. Holy Nova on 5 targets is higher HPS than defensive Penance and is similar in HPM.
    Last edited by mmocc5b636c3e7; 2014-12-02 at 12:09 PM.

Hey guys, thanks for the insights. The issue I find with using Spirit Shield is that everyone likes to run around and stay out of it! PoH I find has the same issue, you hit one target who is close to everyone when you start and by the time it casts you dont know who your getting.

I think I will have to refocus on how I am healing with Disc as I think I have been overlooking the power of the shield component. I always keep up PwS but I fund when heavy DMG starts to ramp up I go into overdrive with the Pence and Flash.

Cheers mates!

Quote Originally Posted by robtorbay View Post
    Hello Everyone! Since WOD released I have noticed that a lot of healers are having issues dealing with multiple target healing.
    I have been struggling with this as well. I recently started firing off a PW:Solace in order to trigger Archangel, if it was not already able to be cast. Casting Archangel gives you Empowered Archangel which makes your next PoH a 100% chance to crit. This combined with Halo has greatly improved my ability to heal to full.

disc priests need aoe shielding, and no, barrier is too shitty and has way too long cd to be used effectively, mobs dont wait until your cds are ready.