troubles with healing

Hey,

I´m new at shaman and have a lot of troubles with healing cm´s, especially when there´s a lot of group damage.

Can you give me some advice, how I can handle these problem?

I always tried to spam HW or HS and get riptide on 2-3 people to heal the group up, because CH is a little bit weak I think..but then the tank dies in most of the cases..

And how will you heal in the raids? will you riptide some ppl and then spam CH and use HST and CBT on CD?

I hope that you can help me :/

BR

PS: Sorry, if there are some grammar mistakes, english isn´t my mother language

If the group is stationary then Echo of Elements is a very viable way to knock off extra riptides. It's pretty common for me to have my 5 man completely covered. Conductivity is very nice for it's mana efficiency if the fight allows for people to remain in it.

Want to know a secret about the trash packs? The most efficient spell you have is... (ready for it) Capacitor totem. Dropping this early and going right into healing prevents so much damage it's insane. On especially tough packs I Cap totem, Totemic Persistence, Cap totem again. That 10 seconds of no damage is worth so much.
    Is this where the header goes?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cmodes

I spec into Unleashed Fury for single target bombs with Healing Surge, with tidal waves up. Your crit chance with HS is increased by 30%, and I personally have hit 190K Healing Surges when tanks get low and I crit. Life saver in cmodes.

I use Totemic Projection over Totemic Restoration because having an extra HST every 2mins 45seconds and another stun which gets DR'd anyways most the time isn't worth the ranged stun or projecting your SLT if your group has to move, or other likewise reasons.

I do not glyph riptide. You can make use of your 2 tidal wave stacks(assuming you are using healing wave) and your riptide is off cd again, and the direct heal portion is nice to have.

Don't take Conductivity in cmodes, lots of movement at times which renders that talent useless, you would be much better off with Rushing Streams.

I personally have not used CBT yet so I will not comment on that.
    --------------------

Raids

Pretty much the opposite of cmodes.

Elemental Blast > UF

Conductivity >= RS (Assuming there is minimal movement or if you can make use of your extended healing rain for the most part), but this is debatable since Healing Rain does poop for healing. RS is strong as well.

Totemic Resto/Projection/Persistence is up to you, depends on the encounter, I personally have never taken Persistence.
    High Tide > All

Avoid spamming Chain Heal too much, it will OOM you before you know it(Can't wait for 4set bonus). Make regular use of your Elemental Blast for 1000 spirit.

Glyph Riptide to make life easier with High Tide. I also HST on CD, many shamans debate over it being a waste of GCD or whatnot but I don't consider it a waste.

I feel like I only talked about half the stuff you can do to make healing better so I hope another fellow shammy comes by and fills it in.

Hope this gives you a very basic idea.
    Last edited by Khai; 2014-12-02 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcbert View Post
    If the group is stationary then Echo of Elements is a very viable way to knock off extra riptides. It's pretty common for me to have my 5 man completely covered. Conductivity is very nice for it's mana efficiency if the fight allows for people to remain in it.

Want to know a secret about the trash packs? The most efficient spell you have is... (ready for it) Capacitor totem. Dropping this early and going right into healing prevents so much damage it's insane. On especially tough packs I Cap totem, Totemic Persistence, Cap totem again. That 10 seconds of no damage is worth so much.
    I think you mean Call of the Elements here.

I use Ancestral Swiftness still, just because I don't feel like a lot of haste, so that comes in handy. Totemic Persistence, so I can use CBT with HST and not end up destroying one of them.
    Capacitor totem is definitely a great ability, and you should definitely use it as an aoe stun.

Honestly the unleash elements is a pvp talent but it is SO FREAKING good in CMs.

You can crit heal 180k with it. I would never be able to keep tanks up without it.

Also this shamans.

I've healed 8 CMS.

My chainheal is not even on the bar.

Aoe healing is not needed in cms at all. Riptide some targets and thats it.

I also had to take Unleash to keep the tank up in Heroics and CM.
    I never chain heal in CM because tanks tend to die when you do
    It is so good in raids but will suck your mana up.
    I have never been a fan of the riptide glyph when someone drops low we riptide them and wave or surge and they are out of danger but taking away that first potent heal makes it so they die before you get the heal off.
    Capacitator Totem is a must for every Shaman it is such a great tool as others have explained.

Deleted
    If I may hijack this thread, while on the subject of Capacitor + projection.

Does anyone have a good macro to drop capacitor while a second push gives me projection? Preferably one that does work when spamming, while accidentally on the GCD and can be re-used when capacitor is off CD again.

Howd you guys deal with tons damage hurting on the whole team?
    Example the last boss in Auchindoun on CM mode after he transform the everyone starts taking huge damage and they're spread apart

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emmaq View Post
    Howd you guys deal with tons damage hurting on the whole team?
    Example the last boss in Auchindoun on CM mode after he transform the everyone starts taking huge damage and they're spread apart
    Spam healing surge // pop HTT+Ele mastery+Trinket // Ascendance chain heal through Riptide

Glyph of Cleansing Waters gives some heals too since you have to dispel the dots. Otherwise avoid and interrupt stuff, use personals on Sead of Melavolence or however it's called. Take a druid in your comp to permanently root the fixating add.
    Last edited by mmoce7bcbf6526; 2014-12-05 at 10:53 AM.