Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Applying patches of this size is never a simple thing my friend. Be patient.
    Um..... what patch? We downloaded all of Highmaul back in 6.0.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't you know? Nobody plays WoW on a Tuesday.

Please shut up, OP. Do something else, or do something contructive.

I'm sure your mom could use help with the dishes or your laundry or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    What patch did you have to download?
    The server engineers have to plug up connections, patch deployments, cross realm tests, etc. If one part isn't aligned with the rest the game will go boom.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Um..... what patch? We downloaded all of Highmaul back in 6.0.
    Server has to get patched.

It's a bit annoying not being able to play when I got home but I don't see why people feel the need to make threads about it. It's maintenance, they need to do it to maintain the servers and their stability,etc. They aren't just shutting them down to piss everyone off for the hell of it.

OMG for the next 12 hours i wont be able to waste my time away sitting in front of the computer playing a video game!!! Really? You need to think about your life if you are upset about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    What??? Patch this size? It's only opening an instance already there. What are you talking about?
    Lol what? It's not as simple as turning a portal on.

yjmark you make a point, but like i said in the original post, that people that raid or people wanting to progress in raids want to progress quickly, people that raid and that are serious plan on getting on at a certain time that blizzard releases their maintenance at, that being said, when blizzard then says another two hours, yes a little frustration will occur, then they wait, maybe go do something around the house or outside of their house, then they stop what they are doing and then go back to the computer where they will be talking with everyone on vent saying alright excellent were about to get this going, oh wait, blizzard just increased the time by 2 more hours, then frustration occurs even worse. I might be talking with casual players who might only focus on transmogs right now but if your talk with people that are serious about raiding in this expansion you will hear their frustration as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Trikory View Post
    Im not raging at all guys, just saying that its kind of weird for this kind of maintenance to be happening when guilds are trying to progress through raids as soon as possible
    Isn't that the whole reason the maintenance was extended? Probably because the new raids and pvp season are being released and they want it to launch successfully?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    People have short term memory. Once this is up and running, we'll probably not see any more down time like this for months and people will forget all about it. It'll only resurface if they do extended maintenance like this in 6 months. Yet people will he like, "OMG it happens all the time". lol
    Friday, Nov 21st
    Friday, Nov 28th,
    Tuesday, Dec 2nd.

All three had extended downtimes on 'scheduled maintenance'. Seems to me it happens quite often these days. This is extemely frustrating as someone who has only two days a week to play which are, coincidentally, Tuesdays and Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    The server engineers have to plug up connections, patch deployments, cross realm tests, etc. If one part isn't aligned with the rest the game will go boom.
    They are applying some client fixes. I'm guessing this extended maintenance has nothing to do with the raid per se and everything to do with the massive "to-do" list from the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerrol View Post
    Or you could just go do something else without having to log in the second servers are back up....
    Quoted for truth.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    It truly amazes me that people wait by their computers to play on maintenance day, and then complain when the servers are not up right when Blizz originally estimated.
    Their original estimates were at 1100 PST, 2.5 hours ago. Regardless, people can be optimistic about maintenance days, Blizz has done a rather decent job at finishing up early plenty of times, and when such optimism is let down, people get irritated. That's life, it shouldn't truly amaze you.

Do something else.

Nothing is holding a gun to your head and making you sit in front of your computer waiting for WoW to come back. To do so is actually a little be ridiculous.
    You do it yourself because you are obsessive about it.

Shit happens, they run into troubles and problems that they didn't expect. If they put it out buggy you'll complain that they didn't get it right, there is no pleasing the entitled masses.

Quote Originally Posted by medievalman1 View Post
    Their original estimates were at 1100 PST, 2.5 hours ago. Regardless, people can be optimistic about maintenance days, Blizz has done a rather decent job at finishing up early plenty of times, and when such optimism is let down, people get irritated. That's life, it shouldn't truly amaze you.
    You really don't find it bizarre that people just sit in wait.. its like they just sit and watch the server status screen and then squeal every time it says "still down, dude."

Quote Originally Posted by Xavv View Post
    Do something else.

Nothing is holding a gun to your head.
    That avatar doe

Quote Originally Posted by Trikory View Post
    We have to wait twelve hours ladies and gentlemen. Its amazing that they cannot just give an actual time that they will be done with it, they would just rather have us constantly sitting at our computers waiting for it to might happen, then telling us another two hours of maintenance... Then another two hours... So people that are wanting to play have had to wait an extra 4 hours of when planning to log on WoW now wasted, and they could have been doing something else with their lives while waiting for a TWELVE HOUR MAINTENANCE... :/
    youmustbenewhere.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    My followers are standing around my barracks going "I don't get it. He was supposed to show up and give us orders by now. What gives?"

Then they'll eat all the feasts in the barn.

Let me list all the times that Blizzard has successfully launched something on a patch/release day without some sort of delay/crash;