Thread: Holy VS Disc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Now i did some raid with Holy, On the first logs i saw i didn't used my CoH enough but im still the last one of the healing meters and i have no clue what im doing wrong.

This week we did Full clear on Normal ( warming up testing new raiders etc) and we just cleared 2/7 HC

The first Log here (when i didn't used CoH enough)
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ax7JqMTW8PQwgFYV

The normal run 7/7
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/v6kftj2DGyY4gMLb

Maybe somone can see what im doing wrong

My Armory:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Lumea/advanced

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zhaliax View Post
    Now i did some raid with Holy, On the first logs i saw i didn't used my CoH enough but im still the last one of the healing meters and i have no clue what im doing wrong.

This week we did Full clear on Normal ( warming up testing new raiders etc) and we just cleared 2/7 HC

The first Log here (when i didn't used CoH enough)
    x

The normal run 7/7
    x

Maybe somone can see what im doing wrong

My Armory:
    x
    is disc your main spec? how come you are at 662 ilvl but have 630ish equipped?

your stats look good as holy, to put it in perspective i am 633 ilvl atm and do around 25-27k hps as holy and 29k as disc.

the only 2 things i can see is:

1. your renew healing is low compared to what mine usually is (my renew is almost equal to CoH 99% of the time) but i think this is down to reason 2 (checked out your other holy priest and his/her renew is only 200k less healing done than CoH overall compared to about a million from yours)

2. you have no disc priest and 4 raid (high hps) healers so basically everyone is fighting for scraps (as opposed to disc shielding people) so your renews are probably being pushed into overhealing? i think if you had 1 less raid healer and a disc you would notice your healing go up a lot

i know if i am holy on some fights i can be as low as 14k hps if i dont count overhealing because of reason 2 and then on the same fight i can be almost 30k hps as disc, then other fights where there is lots of raid damage consistantly i can be up at 25k as holy.

it really depends on your raid comp but having all raw hp healers and no mitigation healers is probably holding you down a bit. 2 rdruids and 2 holy priests is too much, would help ur guild/healers a lot of 1 of you 2 went disc, shields cant overheal, it also means more time for hots to tick on people and top them up and less fighting to top people up between the remaining hps healers

cant post links yet so had to remove them from quote
    Last edited by mmoc08748da82d; 2014-12-08 at 01:00 AM.

Deleted
    With tweaks announced today, what do you guys expect? Looking at heroic logs i mostly see paladins / druids / monks dominate with disc being really good at 2 fights. I totality expect holy buff tho.

I think some holy spells could definitely use a buff (PW:Sanctuary, both lvl 100 talents other than Words of Mending, Divine Star). My real concern is that disc is performing better than holy on almost every fight, granted I hope in mythic it will be different, but right now it just sucks having a ton of potential healing sniped by disc, and not having much to do on the fight. I think holy/disc are fine in terms of competing with paladins and druids, although I think the later are still stronger.

Deleted
    Since they don't want to nerf, I expect a buff for shamans.

I am a bit confused about raid CDs.
    Monks revival outperforms every other raid CD. Not only instant, but also 100y. Druids tranq needs to be channeled and only 40y range, same for shamans and holy priests. This may still sound a lot, but we encountered situations in Highmaul HC where people weren't in range due to "not stacking" mechanics.
    I love our barrier.. but the tiny range limits it to very few fights. 6.5y is even too small to cover 2 camps at the butcher fight. Devotion Aura is at least 40y, shorter in durtation and effect, but covers usually more targets.

Looking at heal logs and seeing monks doing 20-25% of their healing with revival makes me want to cry. Instant, 100y...
    In raid dmg heavy fights I feel "useless" as a disc. Lvl 100 talents aren't really a choice, if I cant spam CoW and take words of mending I feel like I am "wasting" my lvl 100 talent. But better to have that "passive" 4-6% healing than nothing. I don't see any current raid conent where saving grace would be a valid option. PoM is too weak for discs.

And why the hell does a druid do more dmg and heals more with it? 150% of wrath converted to healing and wrath does way more dmg than smite. The 5k heals I do with smite are.. cute.. but the 20k crits I do with my druid really counts as healing and not wasting casting time. Something just feels "off" about this, attonment healing isn't an option at all but restro druids can spam cast wrath without mana costs and save up mana.