Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Da King Of Burst

Whats the hardest you have been bursted thus far?

Lets see how many have been on the other end of Feral 100 to 0 within 13sec?

MM hunters can take you from 100% to dead in 6~ spells.
    『Fun Removed by DPRK 』

Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    QQ, you've never played a good ret, boomy, feral, or dk before. probably a l2play issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boxezbox View Post
    QQ, you've never played a good ret, boomy, feral, or dk before. probably a l2play issue.
    qq I took a warlock that had 250k hp down in 2aimed 2chimera crows and kill shot...

Deleted
    Ret, hunter and boomkin Rips my monk an new asshole in 10 seconds.

Ive seen videos of mages doing extreme burst, but have never seen it first hand

Best regards

Deleted
    Aren't you all happy that they adressed burst by increasing health pools thus they could finally introduce "slower and more tactical triage healing"?

Deleted
    Played a skirmish together with a 2.8k 3v3 mage. He ripped both opponents to shreds in about 3-4 seconds (before my cheap shot stun wore off).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Yes and then you get pvp gear.

As hunter and geared, I got wrecked by rogues using just 2 abilitys: backstab and burst of speed. How do you kite that which is not kitable?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Played a skirmish together with a 2.8k 3v3 mage. He ripped both opponents to shreds in about 3-4 seconds (before my cheap shot stun wore off).
    Only way he can do that is with a crystal +trinket + orb+ icy veins+ 2x icenova crit into the crystal while your enemies have no pets no defensive cds and no movement or brain.

Mage is a one-trick-pony and that is exactly his trick, if he can pull it off great, but will never happen against players who have seen it once or have a brain.

ret and feral have pretty crazy burst. for ret, holy avenger + wings + seraphim is absurd. its almost impossible to lock down a ret in their burst because pvp 2 piece reduces CCs by 50% while wings are active. even less with the HoF glyph. only way to live is to kite. rets will be gods in arena.

ferals have amazing uptime and constant pressure. they have a bit of issue with energy management but that problem will lessen with better gear. for burst, berserk + tiger's fury is easy 70k ferocious bites. shred damage is still crap though it only crits for like 20k

Deleted
    I'd suggest a game of spot the Hunter but it might be a little easy in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie the Poo View Post
    As hunter and geared, I got wrecked by rogues using just 2 abilitys: backstab and burst of speed. How do you kite that which is not kitable?
    If you're getting killed by a move that does about 14k on a crit i'd suggest pushing buttons. Maybe deterrence, maybe traps, maybe knock them away, maybe jump away, maybe stun them. Should probably use that bull crow move too to stop them re-stealthing. Oh and you should totally utilise the self healing you have that lets you heal for over a million in a 10min arena game.

Rogues are strong as always but Hunters are ridiculous.

You must be bad, maybe read your level 100 talents next time.

10+ Year Old Account

Exotic munitions - frozen arrow and concussive shot recks rogues. BoS = 30 energy, your frozen arrows will be going off every 2 - 3 seconds and you have concussive shot on a 6sec cd so they will be exhausting their energy as you keep reapplying snares. Save binding trap/glyphed explosive/disengage - posthaste for when they pop evasion so you can kite their burst of speed, don't forget cheetah aspect! Glyph of Path finding works great for kiting as its 38% cheetah, just sucks when ur in 10sec cd on it. Or just launch a freeze trap in the direction they are coming at you if they already burnt cloak lel. If they happen to jump on you, save masters call for when evasion wears off so you can snare without them dodging it and regain kite control.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    qq I took a warlock that had 250k hp down in 2aimed 2chimera crows and kill shot...
    Isn't that like 15 seconds?

died from 95% in a melee lockout

Deleted
    pristmatic crystal mages/rets/mm hunters/boomies/ww monks/frost dks/ferals, all this classes/specs can pretty much kill you in 2-5 seconds with some lucky crits aka RNG, also assasination rogues have extremly good dmg/burst, seen some envenoms crit for like 50k +

There's no such thing as a good ret. Ret has far too strong burst, heals and the ability to reset the fight through bubbling. Ret is only ever played by FotMers, they're rarely played consistently.

Feral is just simply disgusting. The fact Gladiator got nerfed and Feral didn't is a fucking travesty on blizzards behalf.

I don't know who is in charge of class balance, but they're terrible at their job and they should be fired.

To answer the OP, as a Glad Warrior: Rogues, Ferals and Rets seem to give my team and I the biggest load of grief.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    There's no such thing as a good ret. Ret has far too strong burst, heals and the ability to reset the fight through bubbling. Ret is only ever played by FotMers, they're rarely played consistently.

Feral is just simply disgusting. The fact Gladiator got nerfed and Feral didn't is a fucking travesty on blizzards behalf.

I don't know who is in charge of class balance, but they're terrible at their job and they should be fired.

To answer the OP, as a Glad Warrior: Rogues, Ferals and Rets seem to give my team and I the biggest load of grief.
    Not true....i have been playing RET religiously since Cata, and yes even thru MoP where Rets were not viable unless u had access to rank 1 teammates, where we were ignored until we popped wings and then CC'ed for almost the entire duration, where the 2s and 3s strat was to focus the Ret and nullify our team utility, and still managed 1720 in 2s/3s and 1770 in RBGs....so yes there are those of us who have played Ret consistently, thru the good and the bad.

i've seen you made the same claim elsewhere except it happened to someone else in a BG. did this friend of yours duel you after showing you? how are you dying to 6k-8k backstab crits with a 270-300k health pool? you're literally getting autoattacked to death.

mind that those are only the crits, 4k otherwise. with only 23.71% crit in 675 honor gear. after 4 backstabs he's no longer able to use it on GCD and is just autoattacking, it takes 3 seconds to regen from zero for burst of speed.
    Last edited by Gentlepenguin; 2014-12-04 at 09:29 PM.

Yes I bet you get "wrecked" by 4k backstabs, don't you? And why on earth do you need to "kite" anything when you don't cast, don't have a deadzone, and do more damage than a rogue in a melee fight? Your class has the benefits of a ranged class and melee class rolled into one. It's also hilarious to see a hunter sprinting around for 30 seconds casting auto slows while a rogue spends 100 energy just to be able to do damage, and the problem in this situation is the ROGUE and not the fucktard hunter running at the speed of light whilst dealing uninterruptable massive damage. Just what, pray tell, is a class without burst of speed supposed to do to kill a hunter? NOTHING unless you're a ret paladin one-shotting things randomly from 30 yards away.

All the stereotypes about hunters are constantly proved true on this forum. I wish all you autistic brony huntards would go and get your animal fetish kicks from mylittlepony and leave pvp for proper classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly they should just disable rets, MM hunters, DKs, feral, moonkin and disc priest in all rated pvp for a week until they can roll out hotfixes. Serious.
    Last edited by lolpve; 2014-12-04 at 09:39 PM.