Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Cant give u numbers, but hardly none if any.
    the MS after MB (4) already servers the purpose of delay to get the MB cd off when ur dots are done. I dont even have the time for this GCD without wasting
    seconds of MB CD.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Dotweaving is extremely easy tbh.

The 4Orb -> Dots -> MB -> insanity variation is the more constant one, while 5Orb -> Dots -> Plague -> MB Insanity -> MB -> Plague -> insanity -> Mb -> Insanity/Mindflay ( depending on latency and luck) provides slightly more insanity ticks.

The biggest part of dps atm is actually knowing when you should dotweave. You should NOT always wait until you have 4 or 5 orbs to throw dp and you should NOT always Dotweave. Look at buff thresholds , a buffed plague+ insanity at 3 orbs w/out dots is a dps gain over a dotweaved one. Ideally you always have ToF + proccs up for a 4-5 orb dotweave, but that will rarely happen, so time your plague with your buffs. This gets even more important once you get shittonsof mastery, since the DPET of Mindflay / Mindspike will rise while your dots are unaffected. This will narrow down the situations where you actually execute a full dotweave.

Feel free to correct me should i be wrong, still figuring stuff out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazu View Post
    Dotweaving is extremely easy tbh.

The 4Orb -> Dots -> MB -> insanity variation is the more constant one, while 5Orb -> Dots -> Plague -> MB Insanity -> MB -> Plague -> insanity -> Mb -> Insanity/Mindflay ( depending on latency and luck) provides slightly more insanity ticks.

The biggest part of dps atm is actually knowing when you should dotweave. You should NOT always wait until you have 4 or 5 orbs to throw dp and you should NOT always Dotweave. Look at buff thresholds , a buffed plague+ insanity at 3 orbs w/out dots is a dps gain over a dotweaved one. Ideally you always have ToF + proccs up for a 4-5 orb dotweave, but that will rarely happen, so time your plague with your buffs. This gets even more important once you get shittonsof mastery, since the DPET of Mindflay / Mindspike will rise while your dots are unaffected. This will narrow down the situations where you actually execute a full dotweave.

Feel free to correct me should i be wrong, still figuring stuff out.
    I got your rotation, but for the more "constant" dotweave, are you channeling just 1 insanity full and then MB again or are you clipping after 3rd tick or something and then channel another full insanity right after?

Btw: How do you multitarget? Last night on Twins HC I kept dots up on 1 target and MS/MB + dotweaved the other one, ended up with like 21.3k dps, not sure if any other way would be better. Is Surge of Darkness a viable option?
    Last edited by mmoc3a2643eea3; 2014-12-05 at 12:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallelol View Post
    I got your rotation, but for the more "constant" dotweave, are you channeling just 1 insanity full and then MB again or are you clipping after 3rd tick or something and then channel another full insanity right after?

Btw: How do you multitarget? Last night on Twins HC I kept dots up on 1 target and MS/MB + dotweaved the other one, ended up with like 21.3k dps, not sure if any other way would be better. Is Surge of Darkness a viable option?
    The goal is to never delay an orb generator whilst maximizing insanity ticks. That being said if you can manage to get 4 -5 insanity ticks inbetween mindblasts you should always do that. Pretty straightforward i guess. The tricky part is getting that additional insanity channel right at the end of the mindblast global in the "risky" variation. Afaik Angelic has written a nice comment concerning this somewhere in the most recent posts ( cba to search for it now though ).

I dont think that Surge of Darkess is a viable option for CoP speccs tbh. Especially not on a fight like twins with only 2 targets = 1 Dotset permanently up.
    It might come close if you are very lucky with proccs though. I guess the best combination for SoD would be with auspicious spirits and 2+ targets.
    But this is just my personal opinion, still waiting for actual data concerning this.

Quote Originally Posted by Keosen View Post
    Glyph SWD and use it instead of non-ins-mf (bold)
    Why would you use glyphed SW during dotweave? Mind flay does more damage per GCD.