Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    Well, the Hit/Expertise cap was far from fun, but, you are kind of forced (talking about Mage in my case) into 1 spec. As a Frost Mage, your goal is 'must have multistrike on it'. So, you go for gear with multistrike. If you ever want to play Fire or Arcane (ofcourse, when they get their much needed buff), tough luck, you now have the completly wrong stats, which you can only adjust with a handfull of gems and enchants. With reforging you can still make something out of it, its never ideal, but the way it is now, you get punished for prioritising a certain stat. If you want to change spec, you basicly need to regear your character.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the stupidity of hit caps (read; let mr robot do the mathematics) are gone, but I wish I could still have some 'control' over my own gear. The few gem slots and enchants are not enough to my taste. Yes, reforging would still be prioritizing your strongest stat, but it would make all gear much more viable for each playable spec.
    A pure DPS class annoyed about multiple gear.. tell that to the druid that likes pvp and pve before gear could be used for several specs ;p
    I saw yesterday that Blizz made PvP plate with bonus armor which is the best stat for gladiator warriors. Buying the bonus armor cloak means that I will stay gladiator warrior for the next 10 or more weeks because there are several items with that stat. Arms and fury both need mastery which is the worst stat for gladi warrior and you can't build up two equips that quickly in pvp due to conquest caps. If blizzard decides that gladiator is too stronk (which it is compared to arms and fury) and nerfs it, this pvp season could end for all warriors just a couple of weeks into it. Hows that for bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    No, it was a stupid mechanic and it serves no purpose.

You get a piece of gear. You run a simulator. It tells you how to reforge. You go to a reforger. You pay the 20g. You use that item.

That's how it goes, with every single piece of gear you get, for the entire time reforging exists. That isn't fun, it isn't interesting, and it serves virtually no purpose.
    Because different speccs have different stat weights. Now you have to build toward a certain specc and have different gear sets. Atm you are pretty polarized in your choices since we only have one raid, but to have a bit more control over stats from raids and CM gear etc would be nice.

Deleted
    Nah, Reforging is just a plaster.

They need to remove Versatility for starters, and then balance all the other secondary stats for each spec, so there's no more 'best' and 'trash' stats. Then people can gear with whatever they personally find more enjoyable. Then the loot is actually fun again.

Yes. Hate seeing everytime versatility in my gear and go "oh crap vers trash again"

Also I feel like I significantly lost my ability to customize. Now I can only use whatever drops for me... and I kind of lost my identity as spec with emphasis in certain stat.
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2014-12-05 at 09:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Deleted
    Personally I'd like to see it back, but that is because I know I could glean an advantage from it that not everyone will be able to work out.

Currently I'd reforge all non inherent Multistrike gear to Multistrike (Frost mage) & all Multistrike gear to haste (Reforging the other stat).

But running a sim to check if my crit or versatility should be reforged to Multistrike on my i630 ring - now that is where the 0.1% advantage comes in for using simcraft over an addon

Yes, either this or reduce stat variety on gear across the board.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Yes, either this or reduce stat variety on gear across the board.
    People saying this I think are missing the point. The game is better when you have a mix of secondaries. The scaling issues of past were the result of some specs having one secondary that was ridiculous my good and being able to stack it. Think arcane Mage and mastery. Being able to finagle over 100% in SoO made it a ridiculously strong option.

People talk about adding it back in like it's going to give JUST THEIR TOON and advantage. Like somehow it's only going to benefit them and catapult them to the top of the heap. It won't, everyone will just drill down on their chosen secondary. Only now those with better scaling will have a bigger advantage over those who's secondaries are more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Except this isn't mop. Stats are much closer in value and thresholds snapshotting, and caps, are no longer a thing. People are still in this mentality of "I only want multistrike, everything else is shit.". And this is a different time.
    Lolbthis is fucking false no they aren't. Ret specifically mastery nearly beats stregth and haste n vers are like half the value

Deleted
    NO thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no, horrible forced min-max function.

Thrilled its gone.

- - - Updated - - -

They need to remove Versatility completely. Then make sure the other secondary stats are all worthwhile. I like not having to reforge all my gear every time i loot something to keep 14 years old from yelling at me in Heroics.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also glad about the simplification of gemming and enchanting.

No, good riddance to it.

Getting a gear piece and actually equipping it right away is something I have missed ever since vanilla. I'm loving this.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wants you to keep going back for the right piece. Letting you half-ass it with reforge doesn't accomplish that goal. You should be rewarded for defeating an enemy with valuable treasure, not for jury-rigging up whatever you happen to find along the way.

While I miss the ability to change a bad piece into an "ok" piece, it's nice not to have to jump through 5 hoops just to use a single piece of gear. There were times where I'd have to literally reforge 8 pieces, reenchant, regem just because I picked up a small upgrade and wanted to optimize. I'm glad those days are over even though it would certainly be nice to be able to change a bad stat into a good one. Not to mention that now for most pieces if it's good for you, you can equip it and start using it right away.

I would really love to see a poll to go back to your yes or no answer thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll no.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    no no no no no no no no no no no.

No.

NO.

I would probably, hate, to see it back. And i mean hate.

Na it was a pain in the ass having to reforge constantly for 2 specs, get a drop reforge. A re-roll secondary stats ability for x amount of apexis crystals id be down with. But it had to be like 1000 and then every time you done it the cost went up. Would save a shit load of wasted gear i end up disenchanting
    Does Warlock Stuffz