Best way to handle creeping moss on brackenspore?

It feels like we are getting overrun earlier than we should and aren't doing it efficiently. I don't see how we are able to survive the 9 minutes some are killing the boss at.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Same problem here, I saw Icy-Veins video where moss only came from the side of entrance, while we were getting it from all around which closed us extremely quickly, also our Flamethrowers were cooling down for about a minute each, while tooltip states 10 seconds.

Good use of the flamethrower (particularly never overheating), anticipating shroom spawns that need to be cleared and moved to etc..
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

Yes, I would like "good use" to be more defined though. Let it build up and clear all at once or try to prevent any from spawning?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    People with flamethrowers need to turn them off so you don't overheat so quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    It feels like we are getting overrun earlier than we should and aren't doing it efficiently. I don't see how we are able to survive the 9 minutes some are killing the boss at.

Any suggestions?
    As I have been the flamethrower guy in 2 raids now, the best way I go about it is: Dps hard for first 30sec, then burn as much moss as possible without overheating your gun (this does 2 things, gives biggest dmg buff and makes best use of your gun). Sit back on boss until flamethrower is almost back down to 0%, rinse and repeat. Obviously there will be times where you need to make an exception and use the flamethrower to clear small portions around mushrooms, other than that you should be completely fine until rage timer.

Quote Originally Posted by hendu24 View Post
    As I have been the flamethrower guy in 2 raids now, the best way I go about it is: Dps hard for first 30sec, then burn as much moss as possible without overheating your gun (this does 2 things, gives biggest dmg buff and makes best use of your gun). Sit back on boss until flamethrower is almost back down to 0%, rinse and repeat. Obviously there will be times where you need to make an exception and use the flamethrower to clear small portions around mushrooms, other than that you should be completely fine until rage timer.
    How can you stop channeling Flamethrower? Like click again or? And why not overheat? Is it cooling down slower then?
    Last edited by Huggykaze; 2014-12-05 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Yes, I would like "good use" to be more defined though. Let it build up and clear all at once or try to prevent any from spawning?
    Keep clearing it without overheating your flamethrower. Otherwise you will fall too far behind and cant catch up.

Sorry to revive a slightly old thread. If I was about to make an algorithm for the moss guys should it be like this?

Code:
    While (flamethrower_heat < 90%)

if start of the fight

nuke boss

else

burn moss

end while

nuke boss
    a)Is that right?

b)Should we make sure that flamers are inside the green mushroom every infesting spores or are there classes that can handle the damage fine?

c)Should for the first kill make sure that our flamers just deal with moss, without damaging the boss, so we don't get overrun?

d)Has anybody figured out how fast the moss spreads?

e)Is moss positioned more central in the room going to spread faster than a moss in the edge?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    How can you stop channeling Flamethrower? Like click again or? And why not overheat? Is it cooling down slower then?
    Left click again, or use a macro. You definitely have to keep it from overheating, once it reaches 100% it takes AGES for it to go down, while if it's below 100% it goes quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    Sorry to revive a slightly old thread. If I was about to make an algorithm for the moss guys should it be like this?

Code:
    While (flamethrower_heat < 90%)

if start of the fight

nuke boss

else

burn moss

end while

nuke boss
    a)Is that right?

b)Should we make sure that flamers are inside the green mushroom every infesting spores or are there classes that can handle the damage fine?

c)Should for the first kill make sure that our flamers just deal with moss, without damaging the boss, so we don't get overrun?

d)Has anybody figured out how fast the moss spreads?

e)Is moss positioned more central in the room going to spread faster than a moss in the edge?
    My advice:
    Have 2 ppl to be proper burners and the 3rd a backup for emergency spots (moss under shrooms etc)

b) Flamers need to be in the shroom for infesting spores. They need to leave close to the end of it, burn and get back to nuke the sporeshooters, this is generally a good timing to run with.
    c)No. Their damage is extremely important. Part of having 2 fulltimers and one emergency flamer is to make sure the 2 can get good stacks.
    e) I think so. Just my observation but moss at the edges doesn't have many empty squares around it. Moss in the middle may so it can breed faster.

I'd make this my algorithm: Start of fight nuke boss. Else flamethrow after infesting spores then nuke sporeshooters > Fungal > boss.

Thanks Deja Thoris , that was extremely helpful!