Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Retribution Healing Nurf

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...es-december-4/

Flash of Light's healing has been reduced by 20% for Protection and Retribution Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/3...es-december-4/

Flash of Light's healing has been reduced by 20% for Protection and Retribution Paladins.
    i knew that was coming but it's beyond me why they added protection to that equation because prots heal in general are even lower so they've destroyed it even more imo.

As a retri player I can say that it was necessary.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    indeed a good nerf, hope they take a look at DKs soon :}

I play ret and I fully expected it. Glad to see word of glory buffed though (which was needed)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    indeed a good nerf, hope they take a look at DKs soon :}
    What's wrong with DKs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aryah View Post
    What's wrong with DKs?
    absurd amounts of dmg, cc break/imunne, self heal. pretty much everything.

The best thing about this is that Blizzard is reacting in real time and releasing hotfixes to balance stuff out.

If they keep this up and not go back to the previous "one patch per season" model, we might just have balanced arena.

Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    absurd amounts of dmg, cc break/imunne, self heal. pretty much everything.
    DK damage is at best marginally better than other classes.

Cc break/immune is necessary for the least mobile class in the game.

Self heals use death runes which is a big damage loss. Apart from the two minute cooldown which effectively gives 25% hp.

People who know how to handle DKs are doing fine against them in competitive PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragaflask View Post
    i knew that was coming but it's beyond me why they added protection to that equation because prots heal in general are even lower so they've destroyed it even more imo.
    What doesn't make sense is nerfing the base skill instead of Selfless Healer. SH was why people were bitching and why it was deemed to be overpowered. Flash of Light by itself is fine, because it only heals a moderate amount and costs an enormous portion of a non-Holy paladin's MP.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

DK damage is at best marginally better than other classes.

Cc break/immune is necessary for the least mobile class in the game.

Self heals use death runes which is a big damage loss. Apart from the two minute cooldown which effectively gives 25% hp.

People who know how to handle DKs are doing fine against them in competitive PvP.
    It effectively gives 50% health, it just costs a bit of mana and time from your healer. But it is an insanely good cooldown and prevents your from dying in a lot of cases, which "effectively 25% health" wouldn't do for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    It effectively gives 50% health, it just costs a bit of mana and time from your healer. But it is an insanely good cooldown and prevents your from dying in a lot of cases, which "effectively 25% health" wouldn't do for you.
    In 3s as a DK when you are being trained by two dps you are reliant on constant healing whether it comes from yourself or team mates.

Death pact gives 50% health.

Death pact makes it so 25% of your health worth of anti-healing must be healed through, or wait 15s (not sure on exact time now, but 15s is close).

Team mates can peal, but 15 seconds is a long time for DPS to get back on you.

This makes 25% of the death pact healing mostly irrelevant in the majority of situations. At best it will buy you a few extra seconds over and above the 25% unburdened healing you're getting. So fine, maybe not 25%, but in the majority of cases it is most certainly not worth even close to 50%.

I'm not saying it's underpowered. I'm just saying that most competent teams understand it and that there is a big advantage in pushing through it to get the kill.

Also conversion and siphon are basically garbage.
    Last edited by Aryah; 2014-12-05 at 09:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys got 2 healing buffs and 1 nerf and you're QQing about the 1 nerf?

K.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I love how they basically compensated the nerf by buffing Word of Glory. Heh. Inb4 ret paladins defending it because "herp derp they lose so much damage from using WoG".

Lmao. Such a slap in the face it's unreal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura View Post
    You guys got 2 healing buffs and 1 nerf and you're QQing about the 1 nerf?

K.
    This. Sounds like Blizzard wanted deter ret paladins using casting healing and make them more like DKs healing: Doing damage to heal.

Pretty sad.

Came to this thread expecting Ret galore spamming "WHY YOU NERF US? It was balanced, everyone who disagrees should l2p" but it's just a bunch of rets being level headed :\.

Shame there wasn't any Mage/Warlock/Hunter nerfs, shit would have hit the fan.

OT: Was pretty obvious why it got nerfed.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2014-12-05 at 10:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 3s as a DK when you are being trained by two dps you are reliant on constant healing whether it comes from yourself or team mates.

Death pact gives 50% health.

Death pact makes it so 25% of your health worth of anti-healing must be healed through, or wait 15s (not sure on exact time now, but 15s is close).

Team mates can peal, but 15 seconds is a long time for DPS to get back on you.

This makes 25% of the death pact healing mostly irrelevant in the majority of situations. At best it will buy you a few extra seconds over and above the 25% unburdened healing you're getting. So fine, maybe not 25%, but in the majority of cases it is most certainly not worth even close to 50%.

I'm not saying it's underpowered. I'm just saying that most competent teams understand it and that there is a big advantage in pushing through it to get the kill.

Also conversion and siphon are basically garbage.
    in 2s running double dps death pact is awesome because your not getting healed anyways but its 2s and blizz doesnt balance for that.
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroth666 View Post
    As a retri player I can say that it was necessary.
    Thank you for your honesty. I play warrior and I'd like to see ret do something else than run away all game, heal his buddy who is DPS and then pop wings once the CDs are blown on the enemy team.
    Nerf wings, buff damage overall. 2min wait for some action can't be fun as a ret player.

I understand the FoL nerf for ret, especially with supplication, you could get some crazy numbers.

But why prot? It healed for almost nothing as it was. While WoG buff is something I like, FoL seems a bit unnecesarry.

Or was there some kind of Selfless healer prot build where FoL was not total crap?