Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Destruction doesn't need buffs lol

The cool bit was where they commented on that awkward 5~ish target space that happens now and how they'll be looking at ember gen carefully to maybe address that.

Made it sound like the very obvious *requires x targets* thing was a potential candidate for things that might happen.

Deleted
    Having a pet doing so much damage to make up for locks' utter lack of mobility is such a good design and so much fun.
    I'm so looking forward to the class designers' new great ideas.

Deleted
    Adds - destro
    Movement - demo, affli
    Single target - any

Single target and AoE should be buffed. The specs are EQUAL. Look up logs, every boss has a different spec on top and a very small difference between the other specs. The whole class needs a buff as a whole.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&class=Warlock

The problem isn't "this spec is worse or that spec is worse". The problem is that locks, mages and warriors are weaker than most and monks, rets and hunters are stronger than most. Buff the first three and nerf the latter 3. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd1ofakind View Post
    Adds - destro
    Movement - demo, affli
    Single target - any

Single target and AoE should be buffed. The specs are EQUAL. Look up logs, every boss has a different spec on top and a very small difference between the other specs. The whole class needs a buff as a whole.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...&class=Warlock

The problem isn't "this spec is worse or that spec is worse". The problem is that locks, mages and warriors are weaker than most and monks, rets and hunters are stronger than most. Buff the first three and nerf the latter 3. Problem solved.
    Brackenspore, Koragh, and Imperator say otherwise, lol. Locks easily pull ahead on these fights (destro)...mages also benefit. And idk why you are thinking warriors are low...they are more than fine. Yes Fury/Arms need ST buffs and Fire/Arcane need buffs...but the classes as a whole are not really that weak.
    Graviity

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    Brackenspore, Koragh, and Imperator say otherwise, lol. Locks easily pull ahead on these fights (destro)...mages also benefit. And idk why you are thinking warriors are low...they are more than fine. Yes Fury/Arms need ST buffs and Fire/Arcane need buffs...but the classes as a whole are not really that weak.
    Brakenspore and Imperator are NOT single target fights OR AoE fests. They're perfect for destro. That doesn't need to be changed one little bit.
    Dnno about that Ko'ragh though
    Maybe our warriors just suck then since they're always dead last, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why mages need buffs atm. Check the sims for each gear category and you'll see they are above a lot of classes = middele of the pack. Wasn't that what Blizzard said yesterday to get middle pack fine ? Sure it's most likely 1 specc so the others need buffs, but the same applies to locks and Non-CoP SPriests..
    They should fix the clunky shard regen or class synergy/raid cd's for a lot of classes, because I feel class stacking will ne done immensely for some bosses again...
    I don't foresee anything for Warlocks since they had their buffs, but they will fix lvl 100 talents some day..
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

"We're watching RoF very closely...so we can laugh at your misfortune"

Seriously if they just fixed some of the most glaring bugs I'd be happy.

Wish list? Buff Mannoroths so that RoF will generate embers and do it's former (or better) damage when used.

Still praying for Fel Flame.

Deleted
    Stop asking about fel flame! They won't give it back and that's final. Just like they won't return KJC to it's former glory. They don't want want casters to run arround a lot but they want them to do a lot of dmg while stationary. They succeeded on the standing still to do damage part and they failed on the most dmg when not moving. They know that, they admit that and they'll FIX that.

Destro needs buffs and Rain of fire needs fixed bad. I no longer use rof on anything less then 5 to 6 mobs otherwise tab dot tab dot.Help us regen burning embers faster.

Quote Originally Posted by rvd1ofakind View Post
    Stop asking about fel flame! .
    I'll ask about whatever I want to ask about. RoF was something we could do on the move and generate embers to stay alive in PvP. RoF is a much harder PvP nerf then PvE.

If we get some sort of ember gen back on RoF before Mythic I will be sooo happy. I am very pleased where Destro is right now and Demo feels about right too. Only thing that worries me is how Sims indicate both may not scale so great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    Brackenspore, Koragh, and Imperator say otherwise, lol. Locks easily pull ahead on these fights (destro)...mages also benefit.
    Funny, on Brackenspore Monks *dominate* with Warriors, Rets and Hunters taking names as well. And the occasional DK and Feral. In the top 200 on warcraftlogs there is not a single lock or mage.

In fact with the Mind Fungus slows and movement destro is one of the worst specs there. Destro tends to beat Aff and Demon mostly because those specs are even more messed up. The only warlocks ranking in the 200-250 range are the raids that were lucky with shrooms popping close together, not having to step out for Spore Shooters and Mind Fungi popping on flamers, far from the raidgroup. So in short: lucky with all the mechanics not actually being much of a problem. Every mechanic except the big add is designed to destroy destro's dps. Melee on the other hand can just cleave ~90% of the fight and not bother with mechanics aside from following the boss and switching targets when the (melee range) Mind Fungus pops up.

Koragh and Imperator aren't killed enough to really draw conclusions yet, but even with present data there is maybe 6-10 locks in the top 200 with none in the top 50. This is far *far* from "Locks easily pull ahead on these fights (destro)".

If we take the ultimate ST fight, The Butcher, the current top lock comes in at 183 with a nice 4.5k dps lower then the top 10. It's all monks, hunters, rets and some glad warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    I'll ask about whatever I want to ask about. RoF was something we could do on the move and generate embers to stay alive in PvP. RoF is a much harder PvP nerf then PvE.
    Expect Felflame to return as a 110 talent next expansion. Nerfing RoF damage AND ember generation was stupid knee jerk reaction...and now that the devs admitted they make a mistake I'm laughing at all the apologists (warlocks) who said "it was needed."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    I'm laughing at all the apologists (warlocks) who said "it was needed."
    It was needed. Blizzard just did their stupid sledge hammer crap and crushed the ability so hard they broke it. Nothing unusual in that regard, what is unusual is the fact they are admitting it was a mistake soon after and for that we should be happy. There have been plenty of similar scenarios where blizzard refused to admit their mistake and class specs were abandon for the remaining duration of the expansion.

Meanwhile 4 months of bugged ds and some bizarre nightfall proc issues still rage on.
    Last edited by Psidum; 2014-12-08 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Buff Mannoroths so that RoF will generate embers and do it's former (or better) damage when used.
    Cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    Destruction doesn't need buffs lol
    Single target and cleave felt really weak when we were doing the run last night. Destro still excels where Shadowburn can be gamed a lot, as shown by Imperator, but single target is quite low.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    Expect Felflame to return as a 110 talent next expansion. Nerfing RoF damage AND ember generation was stupid knee jerk reaction...and now that the devs admitted they make a mistake I'm laughing at all the apologists (warlocks) who said "it was needed."
    It was needed.

The fact that it was handled as horribly as they possibly could doesn't excuse that.

So they realized they screwed up, but we're just going to have to live with it for 12 months while we wait for 6.1? That's just fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Single target and cleave felt really weak when we were doing the run last night. Destro still excels where Shadowburn can be gamed a lot, as shown by Imperator, but single target is quite low.
    I felt the same over this past week. I'd like shadowburn to be better/cost less mana and for us to get a slight buff to emebr generation.

I know ember gen is poor atm only because of our gear so I doubt this will happen.