Can anyone help my dps please?

Did heroic butcher, best attempt was 20%. Im an unholy DK

I was 18.6k dps.

Had few ppl ahead of me, mage, warriors, a monk and pally.

mage and monk around 21-22k
    pally was 19.6
    warrior 19.3
    lock 19.3

They had few heroic pieces.. they had between 648-655 i think i lvl.

I have 653, but they whooped me in dps as you can see.

I pretty much do the rotation almost perfect according to icy veins..

People say unholy is like top dps.. yet lower i lvl people tend to either match me or beat me, especially with mages, warriors, locks and monks.

Am I really that bad at dps?? Not sure how i can increase it. i do everything icy veins says on single target

Deleted
    Do you have any logs we can look at?
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2014-12-08 at 11:40 PM.

Could do with knowing gear set you have on like what wep are you using before we know it could be a green. Also as above logs would help

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lbren/advanced

This is my armory, unfortunately I dont have any logs for heoric butcher, but have some from some failed attempts at heroic kargath.... um.. how do i upload them for you to see?

Go to the following link. When you get some logs uploaded, people can help you more:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...hensive-guide/

Deleted
    I need some help too but apparently i should post a few times before im able to post links with my simcraft and armory D:

OP, its fine... your doing slightly less damage in similar gear. I have both frost and ret, Ret does about 2k more dps right now. Frost will catch up with a better weapon. Weapon slot is so hugely important for 2h Frost. 2h frost is one of the most weapon reliant specs in the game.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

FML i love your MS trinket

You're definitely on the low side for that gear level, I was doing 2k higher than that last week in 645~. However it's not terrible DPS so you're not completely screwing up you're obviously just missing something. Without logs it's impossible to know but main suggestions would be ensuring disease uptime is close to 100%, make sure you're popping your CD's on opening rotation to get them up again later, make good use of Plague Leech and ensure you are using Soul Reaper on CD (biggest mistake I see from DK's, Soul Reaper is the best source of single-target damage by a long long way).

Quote Originally Posted by jellyfrog View Post
    You're definitely on the low side for that gear level, I was doing 2k higher than that last week in 645~. However it's not terrible DPS so you're not completely screwing up you're obviously just missing something. Without logs it's impossible to know but main suggestions would be ensuring disease uptime is close to 100%, make sure you're popping your CD's on opening rotation to get them up again later, make good use of Plague Leech and ensure you are using Soul Reaper on CD (biggest mistake I see from DK's, Soul Reaper is the best source of single-target damage by a long long way).
    Low side huh : /

Well I always start the fight with gargoyle, outbreak, army, defile.

Then i basically just spam scourge, spam festering when blood and frost are up, always recast defile, ofc soul reaper as well.. though sometimes i tunnel and forget at 45%, but never that late.

So I still dont really get what im missing ; / coodowns are a given as well.

And uploading the logs seems so... complicated but ill try when i do boss fight.