Thread: Buffs are here!

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Buffs are here!

Looking forward to seeing butcher dps now. I wonder if that lightning bolt buff, will have Uf pulling ahead of PeT even more now, for enh.
    The world is a deaf machine.

flat buffs without any change of mechanics again, i hope this can solve our problem now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything that doesn't make play PE is welcome.
    "Man knows - he knows that nothing will begin unless he speaks. And nothing will change, unless he knows."

Yeah Dead, they said they weren't gonna touch mechanics with hotfixes. Earliest we'll see ANYTHING is 6.1, with 6.2 looking more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeUpDead View Post
    flat buffs without any change of mechanics again, i hope this can solve our problem now.
    They cant change mechanics in a hotfix, maybe in a patch, but no in a hotfix.

Now I'm testing talents

I am hoping for the best as well with these buffs. But i do not see them doing much for us as we still have huge scaling issues. I would love to see a enh shammy class overhaul/redo,but that wont happen until a new x-pack if it even happens at all.
    Last edited by Wowforlife79; 2014-12-09 at 01:26 AM.

Looks like a ~6.5% buff for Enhancement single target.
    Last edited by nazrakin; 2014-12-09 at 01:30 AM.

Without seeing updated simcrafts it's hard to make any informed conclusions, but from a cursory glance it doesn't seem like enough, and 100% came to late. WW Monks hardly got touched, and not nearly enough considering how far ahead on DPS they are. If the 7% buff estimation is correct then we move from bottom DPS to about 6th from bottom, lovely.

The CL buff is obviously aimed at Elemental, but since we gain benefit from it, I can't really complain. I never really used CL on cleave fights, but now I'll probably use it when the UF buff falls off and I'm close to max stacks on MSW.

LL and SS buffs are 'alright', can't complain too much about flat 20% increases, but it's just a band-aide fix that doesn't address any of the core problems that Enhancement faces.
    Last edited by Glyphtics; 2014-12-09 at 01:33 AM.
    Druid | UI | Youtube
    R1 & 14x Glad PvPer
    Honestly US 2nd / Ally World 1st

Deleted
    What I am wandering now is whether elemental blast will pull ahead of unleashed fury, considering the initial damage is +10%. Any thoughts on that? I've kinda got used to having UF as part of a decent rotation.

In regards to raids its been pretty nice currently especially aoe fights with echo of the elements as talent, those multiple EQ's are heavenly.

I am so happy with these additional buffs. I think we should see ele performing to a good standard now. With some talent tweaks and help with movement fights coming up in 6.1 onwards, things are looking up for shamans! Thank you Blizz for finally listening to us!

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't fix enhancement issues in the slightest.

Probably amounts to 5-6% buff which is fine for normals and heroic but the issues of scaling have been simply ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyphtics View Post
    Without seeing updated simcrafts it's hard to make any informed conclusions, but from a cursory glance it doesn't seem like enough, and 100% came to late. WW Monks hardly got touched, and not nearly enough considering how far ahead on DPS they are. If the 7% buff estimation is correct then we move from bottom DPS to about 6th from bottom, lovely.

The CL buff is obviously aimed at Elemental, but since we gain benefit from it, I can't really complain. I never really used CL on cleave fights, but now I'll probably use it when the UF buff falls off and I'm close to max stacks on MSW.

LL and SS buffs are 'alright', can't complain too much about flat 20% increases, but it's just a band-aide fix that doesn't address any of the core problems that Enhancement faces.

PJSalt xd

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Doesn't fix enhancement issues in the slightest.

Probably amounts to 5-6% buff which is fine for normals and heroic but the issues of scaling have been simply ignored.
    Sadly you should have expected this and nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krewger29 View Post
    What I am wandering now is whether elemental blast will pull ahead of unleashed fury, considering the initial damage is +10%. Any thoughts on that? I've kinda got used to having UF as part of a decent rotation.
    I still think Unleashed Fury with the 30% inc dmg to LB and 10% to lightning bolt trumps elemental blast that RNGs buffs to haste, crit, mastery when you really want multistrike

No changes to level 100 talents so I think elemental fusion still pulls ahead on single target and 3x target encounters

Deleted
    They did say they wanted to shift around specs and classes slightly, they didn't want a huge increase, they said on the podcast they were aiming for roughly 5-10% overall damage increase or decrease in some cases. Expecting them to buff say 20% is a little bit absurd and fixing scaling/reworking mechanics is a long shot for a hotfix patch.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oknaps View Post
    Sadly you should have expected this and nothing else.
    Oh no doubt. We actually did have predictions running. I called it. So did many others. However expected a nerf to fire nova.

Oh no doubt. We actually did have predictions running. I called it. So did many others. However expected a nerf to fire nova.
    I was honestly surprised there wasn't, myself.
    The world is a deaf machine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Overhaul needed. Not more band-aids
    I'll take it, though.
    The true demon lord.

I am very surprised there was no nerf to fire nova as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    They did say they wanted to shift around specs and classes slightly, they didn't want a huge increase, they said on the podcast they were aiming for roughly 5-10% overall damage increase or decrease in some cases. Expecting them to buff say 20% is a little bit absurd and fixing scaling/reworking mechanics is a long shot for a hotfix patch.
    It's perfectly legitimate to hope for the buffs that would actually improve or fix things, even when they are stating they're going to be extremely conservative.

WoD should've been the expansion where Shamans got actual design attention. Maybe 7.0.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.