Thread: Buffs are here!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    The fact that we've needed so many buffs in such a short time frame is sad, really. From an ele standpoint, lava burst has been boosted by 50%, more or less. While I'm grateful for the buffs, I'm also disheartened how we rolled into WoD being so far behind that such buffs were necessary. They should have a open beta for expansions or something.
    Maybe you didn't realise you were op.

I just wish we could get out of this cycle. Every expansion. It's the same story over and over. To top it off we keep getting blown over for any major rebranding. Talents need doing urgently. We've been saying it all through MOP. Yeah yeah end of expansion job they said.

6.0 rolls around...ohhhhhh we can't fix that it's an expansion job. Atleast give me lube first.
    Last edited by Murderdoll; 2014-12-10 at 01:31 AM.

So I haven't been paying too much attention to talents, outside of knowing that UF/EF were theoretically top dps. Does the recent EB buff bring it up to the level of UF? Can I finally stop torturing myself with Unleashed Flame?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Maybe you didn't realise you were op.

I just wish we could get out of this cycle. Every expansion. It's the same story over and over. To top it off we keep getting blown over for any major rebranding. Talents need doing urgently. We've been saying it all through MOP. Yeah yeah end of expansion job they said.

6.0 rolls around...ohhhhhh we can't fix that it's an expansion job. Atleast give me lube first.
    From one Aussie to another: I love you, mate. Couldn't have said it better myself.

OT: I just want to feel fixed. Everytime I go from playing my Druid to my Shaman it feels as if I've just hopped out of a Lamborghini to get into a Cooper that looks questionably road worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    So I haven't been paying too much attention to talents, outside of knowing that UF/EF were theoretically top dps. Does the recent EB buff bring it up to the level of UF? Can I finally stop torturing myself with Unleashed Flame?
    EB had a damage increase because LB had a damage increase, it was just to keep them some what level in damage. So I don't really think it changes anything from before the hot-fixes.

Deleted
    The fact that we've needed so many buffs in such a short time frame is sad, really. From an ele standpoint, lava burst has been boosted by 50%, more or less. While I'm grateful for the buffs, I'm also disheartened how we rolled into WoD being so far behind that such buffs were necessary. They should have a open beta for expansions or something.
    They had all the feedback, they just ignored it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are these buffs up in EU?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Are these buffs up in EU?
    Yes, they are.

An open beta, and actually launching and then buffing, are indistinguishable from each other. Unless you throw away all progress and reset people no launch, in which case you more or less launched, then rolled back a month later. This would probably not help the community perception.

(Also, a lot of the information about buffs and nerfs comes from the real world, at scale, once they have millions of samples, rather than what they get in beta, which is way, way smaller.)

Quote Originally Posted by SlippyCheeze View Post
    An open beta, and actually launching and then buffing, are indistinguishable from each other. Unless you throw away all progress and reset people no launch, in which case you more or less launched, then rolled back a month later. This would probably not help the community perception.

(Also, a lot of the information about buffs and nerfs comes from the real world, at scale, once they have millions of samples, rather than what they get in beta, which is way, way smaller.)

then they should stop being morons and increase beta invites to get a better understanding of their fucking game. there's absolutely no reason for this type of neglect to happen
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Sure, fair enough, but there was major concerns with Shamans from everything between PvP, solo/levelling and group content. Towards the end they were pretty bad at everything and the response was more or less "l2p, you're fine". Lo and behind, come launch it turns out all the concerns were pretty much validated. It doesn't help that we have the most lazy, uninspired talents out there, simply copy/pasted across all three very different specs.

As disappointing as it would be to be nerfed, I would rather be in a position considered "OP" and require nerfing than to have to plead the case that we are indeed performing as poorly as we said we would throughout the entire beta and hope for buffs.

Same song and dance for shaman every expansion. If the class didn't have the whole "fry fuckers with fire and lightning" vibe going for it, I would've swapped to something different long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    then they should stop being morons and increase beta invites to get a better understanding of their fucking game. there's absolutely no reason for this type of neglect to happen
    Doesn't work that way in the real world. You can't just throw more people at beta, and expect it to return the same results. Especially when you don't test raids for more than a brief period, etc. (See also the first paragraph of my quoted comment.

Deleted
    this is just ideas for enhancement PVE. don't know how it would impact resto, elemental or PVP

what i would like to possibly see happen in the next expansion regarding unleash elements/flameshock and our aoe. doubt any major changes will happen in a 6.x patch:

remove unleash elements or completely rework it. it doesn't feel rewarding at all to me it just feels like a hollow click and forget spell right now. even when blizzard tried to give it a bit of flavor by giving it a gap closing mecanic. but i don't think we need any more of that we allready got spirit walk and ghost wolf to get to where we need to go in a hurry
    and the 60% attackspeed buff could be reworked into windfury attack and buffing its damage.

don't have any idea for what to do with the unleashed fury tallent if removing unleash weapon though.
    guess it should be reworked or made in to a completely new tallent. or just keep it the way it is and make it do some damage.

buff flame shock ticks to balance out loosing the unleash flame buff make spreading it with lava lash simply weaken the spreaded flameshock by x procentage.
    still want to keep frost shock as a ''filler spell'' and a spell to be used if you can't get in to melee and on the move.

rework fire nova:
    firenova only errupts from your current target.
    fire nova gets a x% bonus damage to any enemy that it hit who are affected by flame shock so it'll still have some interraction with flame shock/lava lash, perhaps increase the number of enemy targets lava lash can spread flameshock to as well to make ramp up faster.
    i hope this will make it easier to balance fire nova out so it isn't pulling stupidly high numbers agains 5+ targets and still be usefull for cleaving 2-3 targets. and make it usefull on lowhealth adds.
    not having to use unleash in our aoe priority list would make our aoe ramp up slightly faster and i think more smooth.
    i don't mind the downtime between firenovas. as having to weave in singletarget damage on aoe is one of the fun things about enhancement in my opinion.

Remove or make magma totem usefull. i don't feel like its making any real noticable impact except giving us one extra thing to do before we actually starts aoeing. it's damage is minimal and i feel like the only reason i use it is for my liquid magma to go ''yolo! im gonna pull those cc'd mobs all the way over there for you'' reminds me, please fix that blizzard... please.... anyway. perhaps make searing totem do spash damage to any target affected by flameshock with its firebolt instead?

and make stormstrike buff us instead of debuffing our target would be a huge quallity of life fix.
    Last edited by mmoc352bb91b97; 2014-12-11 at 04:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    get those damn totems out of the gcd

Quote Originally Posted by failbringer View Post
    Yesterday on Butcher I was doing about 21k sustained at ilvl 640. I personally am happy with where we are as Elemental right now.
    This is why Blizzard will never fix shamans.
    Why should they? A couple of damage buffs (Shamanism increases your shaman-ing by %55, up from %40) and everything is fine.

No, everything is not fine.
    Also, who cares Butcher, it's a stationary turret fight. It doesn't even represent your WoW experience by %1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post
    Why should they? A couple of damage buffs (Shamanism increases your shaman-ing by %55, up from %40) and everything is fine.
    What exactly do you want them to "fix"? The damage, at least as elemental, is fine on almost every fight, and we are easily viable in both normal and heroic (haven't tried mythic yet). Mechanics are quite similar to what they have been for a long time now, so you cant really say you didn't know what awaited you, when you decided to level a shaman. There are small things, there always will be, but please enlighten me on why we need a general fix?

Quote Originally Posted by Mithgroth View Post

No, everything is not fine.
    Also, who cares Butcher, it's a stationary turret fight. It doesn't even represent your WoW experience by %1.
    butcher is very stationary but to be honest all fights are more stationary than 90% of fights in SoO. I think 21k dps stationary will result in 19k (worst case) dps in a movement fight. Especially as there is no fight where you are running around all the time. There are phases of 6-12 seconds movement where you will have the time to do a cast every now and then.

People seem to run around randomly on fights if they feel like there is a lot of movement involved. Actually only Tectus and Twins require more movement then butcher. The movement you do on the other bosses is compareable to the movement you do when you get knockbacked during butcher fight (maybe a little more). So to be honest if you feel so bad during movement you are moving way to much for no reason, especially for tectus the movement should not be that huge of a problem as you should be having more then enough time to do at least 2 casts during the gas thingy.

In addition I would like to mention that other clases do not have a better way of casting while moving or at least not a lot better. With spiritwalker shamans have a good way of casting while moving. Actually shamans are one of the stronger casters at the moment and there is no reason why people would still be crying after the huge buffs we got. Warlocks are off much worse and as far as I know druids can never cast while moving.

Deleted
    @Pur1tas

I don't know whether you can call running to helpful mushrooms on Brackenspore, evading fires/rocks on Twins, evading Void zones and repositioning because of fire debuff on that ogre mage boss and evading force nova, mines and so on on Imperator call "running around randomly".

But yes, everyone suffers from movement and we have spiritwalker's grace.

What hits us (at least me) harder is target switching. That's where I lose a lot of dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Xentres View Post
    @Pur1tas

I don't know whether you can call running to helpful mushrooms on Brackenspore, evading fires/rocks on Twins, evading Void zones and repositioning because of fire debuff on that ogre mage boss and evading force nova, mines and so on on Imperator call "running around randomly".

But yes, everyone suffers from movement and we have spiritwalker's grace.

What hits us (at least me) harder is target switching. That's where I lose a lot of dmg.
    Well

Running to helpfull mushrooms - 3sec s
    Evading fires/rocks -3 secs / less than 3 secs
    Evading void zones - 1.5 secs
    Repositioning because of fire debuff - 3 secs
    force nova - 1 sec (3 secs for the knockback one)
    mines - 1.5 secs

I don't see how this amount of movement would hinder anyone. That is most of the time 1 cast mabye 2 you are not casting.

I might even give you twins for more than the time I put there but not even sure about that. Its not like there is endless amounts of fire but with some good positioning you can almost cast the whole duration of the fire, while for the rocks you just have to move like 3 seconds AT MOST.

Target switching is a problem with elemental and I totally agree with that as it just takes ages to get going, but a lucky lavaburst proc might help out on that (but this is by no mean something to rely on)

We've been telling them shaman suck since pretty much beta started. They had some of the best players in the world playing beta. They just didn't listen to us... This goes for many things. I don't know how many bugs I reported months ago that weren't fixed until recently. Stop thinking that more player testing content would make a difference when that's been proved false in the past(previous expansions that had open beta).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.