Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    It'll probably get scrapped due to lack of time.
    I bet it somehow is responsible for the delay in Blackrock Foundry. :P

Deleted
    more likely 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Has Blizzard ever ACTUALLY said that?

From the day Overwatch was announced, I heard people saying the, "Scraps of Titan" stuff but I've yet to see Blizzard actually come out and say anything to that effect.
    Blizz would never confirm anything, better to kerp people guessing

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    well seeing as HOTS is still in alpha after being announced at 2013's blizzcon, im not sure we'll see overwatch in 2015 at all, perhaps beta
    lets be real it was announced in 2011 as blizzard dota lol. lets not go by that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say late 2015. Possibly a couple weeks after BlizzCon 2015. When I tested the game at BlizzCon it was really smooth so I think 2015 is a reasonable year for beta.

Quote Originally Posted by gorkos View Post
    lets be real it was announced in 2011 as blizzard dota lol. lets not go by that.
    Blizzard All-Stars :P

They wanted to call it DotA but didn't manage to wrest the term away from Valve.

http://www.timeslive.co.za/scitech/2...-in-early-2015
    "Beta in early 2015". Sounds good to me, hope I get an invite. It looked very playable, and these types of games don't take as long in dev time as MMOs do, so I'd bet Q4 2015.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Has Blizzard ever ACTUALLY said that?

From the day Overwatch was announced, I heard people saying the, "Scraps of Titan" stuff but I've yet to see Blizzard actually come out and say anything to that effect.
    During Blizzcon they said it was originally a mini-game in Titan I believe.

This game doesn't seem like it sports much content off the bat and its been development for a long time now so I'd say next year is very likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetstream View Post
    Blizzard All-Stars :P

They wanted to call it DotA but didn't manage to wrest the term away from Valve.
    they chose not to fight over it, as it would iof lead to both Valve and Blizz making the EULA unenforceable and screw them both over, so Blizz took the loss and both walked away with the ability to enforce their EULA's, because the reality is if anyone ever has the money to fight one (something Blizz and Valve do) and took it into the courts the EULA in every game would be voided and the game firms would lose what little level of control they have.

that is since it all came down to Blizz arguing it had the rights to DOTA due to the EULA on Warcraft 3 saying they had a right to the mods, but settling outside meant the EULA didn't get tested and Valve and Blizz both kept there EULA's in place as in reality neither one wanted to push it, just Blizz backed down first as they have more to lose with WoW as Valve can take other routes to protect the service and sales on Steam since it is technically still a retail outlet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomTheRogue View Post
    I'd be expecting a late 2015 launch for this game, what is you guy's opinions?
    2020....if you are lucky.

Not actually joking too much. I doubt it will be sooner than 3years given bliz's normal "speed" at development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    they chose not to fight over it, as it would iof lead to both Valve and Blizz making the EULA unenforceable and screw them both over, so Blizz took the loss and both walked away with the ability to enforce their EULA's, because the reality is if anyone ever has the money to fight one (something Blizz and Valve do) and took it into the courts the EULA in every game would be voided and the game firms would lose what little level of control they have.

that is since it all came down to Blizz arguing it had the rights to DOTA due to the EULA on Warcraft 3 saying they had a right to the mods, but settling outside meant the EULA didn't get tested and Valve and Blizz both kept there EULA's in place as in reality neither one wanted to push it, just Blizz backed down first as they have more to lose with WoW as Valve can take other routes to protect the service and sales on Steam since it is technically still a retail outlet.
    EULAs mean fuck all anyway, Its already been shown that in courts at least in teh EU. They could not use Dota because whilst it ran in the WC engine and used its assets, the creation was an original work. Bliz owned neither the name nor the game play concepts. they could shut it down, until the creators made their own engine, but Bliz woudl have looked like arses for doing so, and would have lost any court case they tried to bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post

Valve wanted to trade mark Dota, which would have screwed over alot of companies using the Dota format like Riot games with LoL. Blizzard decided to fight it.
    in the end both companies agreed that Dota should not be trademarked.

that is my understanding of it after the reading 2 articles about it. though its kind of odd blizzard fought instead of Riot games since Riot has one of the original 3 makers of Dota. Valve has another one. the main maker died.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    They did say it will come out "sooner than anyone would expect"... So I guess a year from now at most for an actual release.
    They said that with Warlords of Draenor as well. I can guarantee you it was definitely later than anyone would expect xD

Quote Originally Posted by Captainn View Post
    They said that with Warlords of Draenor as well. I can guarantee you it was definitely later than anyone would expect xD
    well it was until they started reworking the hell out of the expansion
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    During Blizzcon they said it was originally a mini-game in Titan I believe.
    They did not, another rumor from internet.

As the open beta is ''planned'' for early 2015, I'd guess around BlizzCon 2015 (which has always been in between August and November), so that Blizzard has something ''special'' to talk about again during BlizzCon.
    Last edited by Tisane; 2015-01-02 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    They did not, another rumor from internet.
    Yup, I'm with you on this one. They never said that Overwatch was part of project Titan. I don't however clearly remember what they said but it was something in line that they used sketches of characters and other bits and pieces (art, models ..) from Titan.

I can't wait for this game to come out!

EDIT: I keep searching for like any news on this game... so far there isn't much.

Deleted
    I actually am psyched for it. It's like the one genre I play where no Blizzard game is my favourite (or among my favourites) yet. Should Blizz create another game with just blizz-like better responsiveness than it's counterparts, I'm sure to play it.

Also, the huge playerbase it get's introduced into kinda makes sure it won't die out due to player shortage like Hawken or Bloodline Champions, or other titles which could have been awesome with the right handling and support.