Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futon View Post
    I just don't find PVP enjoyable anymore.

1) Ashran is terrible. This is what they envision pvp to be like and I just don't get it. There's no skill involved you just hang out and attack NPCS and occasionally players.

2) Gladiators Coliseum is ridiculous. 25 players in a free for all in a tiny room. How was that ever a good idea? And then it rewards a piece of gear if you win, but only the most OP classes ever win.

3) Class balance is worse than ever. Rets, ferals and dks on every single team. Hybrid classes have way too much utility and still do the same damage as the damage classes...how is that balanced?

4) Racials still deciding games is just ridiculous.

5) It's harder than ever to cap out points and gear every week. You used to do arenas + 1 world boss and you were done for the week. Now you have to do arenas + ashran (3 hour queue if you're lucky) + 3 rbg WINS + win the gladiator coliseum every week. So time consuming for a chance at RNG gear, but if you aren't lucky you don't get the gear and you fall behind.

Just no logic to PVP right now, I don't get it.
    1. It's absolutely awful, there is literally no skill involved like you say, and unless you're on a high-end PC you lag like fk, I just spec shurikan on my rogue and stand with the healers gathering bones - completely, and utterly pointless, disturbing that it got through Beta. Words cannot describe how much I hate PVE being a part of a PVP zone too.

2. Gave up bothering when I realised it would take me to be in Ashran to get level 3 anytime soon, garrisons are a stupid gimmick too, they claim they're a WOD-only feature but I can imagine the QQ from the people who have slaved for months to build their empire only to find it deleted come next xpac, it's not on.

3. I doubt they'll ever get a balance, certain classes will always destroy certain classes, and there is the PVE factor to consider, however, they have shown they can detect PVP activity quite easily and can apply certain conditionals when that PVP detection is true (wow, which genius worked that out?).

4. It's a little silly that racials are even a thing anymore to be honest. They should make the racials like WOD's professions, completely and utterly fuckin' useless, and offer us some additional choices in trinkets, just some variety would be nice as they have taken most of our choices away.

5. If I were playing seriously, capping wouldn't be a problem as rating would inflate the standard cap, but for a casual I imagine it can be infuriating being forced to do stuff only for RNG to play a part too.

Ashran should be WAAY BIGGER. I'm not sure what they were thinking. It's the size of AV in length only your stacking 200 people in there opposed to 40. Fun thing about AV is how you need to split your forces, you have offense, you have defense, then you have two bunkers/towers to disperse into therefore not everyone is in the zerg.

Ashran's objectives are in the worst spots ever and I'm not even sure what their good for. AV has been the only decent mass PvP zone imo, everything else is a cluster fuck for the same reason, they don't put enough on the map in right areas to make the place interesting. And worse Ashran with the damn 200 conq bonus makes you feel like you have to do it, but if you get queue'd in your side is being pushed and winning can take hours, otherwise your in queue for ever.

The Coliseum was great when it wasn't 25 people. It was easier to play tactical or zero in on OP classes, now it's easy for a Disc Priest or Blood DK to hang back and wait for the final 4 and win.

Quote Originally Posted by Misuteri View Post
    After ret being spit on and tossed aside throughout MoP for PVP I say good for them.

I mean I can't tell you how many OQ groups I was in where a top flight ret pally with linkable 2200 ratings wouldn't get taken for RBG's just because they brought nothing to the table.

I will say of any of the classes right now people are complaining about ret pallies should be at the bottom of the list. For chrissakes every spec deserves a moment in the sun.
    Enhance and elemental have been spit on and tossed to the side for the last, what, 3 xpacs.

When Lord, when will it be our time!? (and if you mention vanilla triple WF one shoting people I'll slap you).

At least there is more for you to do than previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    The only ones I would say are in a worse position than Ret amongst the melee classes, it would be Rogue and Enhancement Shaman.
    Quoting this so there is a permanent record of your silliness.

If you think retribution is currently weak I would hate to see what your idea of "okay" might be.
    Last edited by Skarssen; 2014-12-15 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soloable View Post
    People keep calling rets op. I'm just not getting it. Our survivability is decent after the nerf and our damage is fine yet people still complain, can you actually explain what is wrong with the current classes instead of just calling them hybrids? Please.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/pvp/leaderboards/3v3

Honestly they are Overpowered. Retpallys have crazy burst as well as nice self heals.. Compare your Flash of light to a monks surging mist you'll notice maybe a 20k differential. Maybe you are just not playing your class right but all i've played in arena so far is GladWar/Heals DK/heals Feral/Heals Pally/Heals and don't get me started on double pally teams. They need a big nerd atleast leave bop out of arenas.

Yup, pvp is a secondary feature of WoW. If you want balanced pvp play a game that has it as its main concern. WoW is PVE first, and if you don't enjoy that aspect of it then I wouldn't say its worth the money.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    Quoting this so there is a permanent record of your silliness.

If you think retribution is currently weak I would hate to see what your idea of "okay" might be.
    Quote mining is a pretty bad thing to do, you know? Earlier in that same post I said that Ret is really good. Heck, melee at the moment is really good. Just because I said that Rogues and Enhancement Shamans are worse off than Ret does not make Retribution a bad spec. You are making up stuff I didn't actually say.

I don't understand why the coliseum awards only the last standing winner (from what I'm reading, I haven't actually done it yet). Unless it's a 50 person free for all where you can kill people on your own faction, what's the point of awarding the last person who managed to dodge all the action and took out the last opposing team member? If anything the entire team on the last standing person's side should be awarded and MAYBE the last survivor being given a bonus. From what I understand you don't get much if anything if you died in there. Would probably promote more teamwork if so. (correct me if I got it all wrong with the coliseum)

Deleted
    PvP in this game is not bad because of PvE or balance, but because of game being shallow. For most people the satisfaction is in community and progress, not from the actual game play and it's meta.

Ideas like different classes doing different damage are really nice, but they would need complete overhaul of this game to make them possible. When the game is locked into several archetypes of characters that are all allowed to only do their job, it's impossible to make anyone worthwhile, without being able to compete at their job.