Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Thanks for your reply clutchh......which trinkets do u or others suggest using in combination....? i have most from heroic night hold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Wer're not good enough to heal 15 people with only two people

I thought that talent was good? I took the advice of Icy veins:

Judgment of Light should be taken if you have the Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon Icon Ilterendi, Crown Jewel of Silvermoon legendary ring, or if no other Paladin in the raid is using this talent (even if you do not have the ring, although it is not such a strong choice in this case).

I don't have the ring and we had 6 paladins in total, some were already using that talent. Do I still take Judgment of Light then?

Since it was progression, this talent seemed viable as stated on icy veins: For progression, we recommend Divine Purpose Icon Divine Purpose for Mana sustainability, or Holy Avenger Icon Holy Avenger for another healing cooldown, although generally Divine Purpose is always the better choice. But perhaps I could have switched to Holy Avenger.

I took it on purpose because I didn't know how much mana strain I'd experience with this new group as a healer for the first time. Looking for a better one. I'll trade the Promises for Hellfire in the meantime.

Not sure I can agree with you. I may have overused it, but it seems very handy on the move and when holy shock is on cd.

I will give this more attention next time.

Perhaps I must be more aggressive. Im trying to avoid using it when there is no need for it. And since I was with another paladin (who was using the sacrifice aura) it's comes down to even more timing.

Sorry, but if I had one of them I'd use them already.

Can anyone else please have a look at the warcraft logs please? More detailed feedback would be lovely.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...líne/advanced
    Warcraft Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...=-1&metric=hps

Best advice someone can give you is to take the internet "pros" advice with a grain of salt and try to understand why said spell or talent is better and if you don't get it, it may as well be that the guy giving you the advice is wrong

Unlike dps classes which are more "static" and have less variables during a given fight, healers are super dynamic. This makes statements like "Sanctified Wrath is bad" or "Divine Purpose is bad" easily mistaken by someone less experience. Those talents are NOT bad at all, you need to know when to use them and how to use them to be able to compare the value they give you versus the alternatives.

I recommend that you try things out. Don't be scared of doing something "wrong" just do it differently and, together with advice you will find here and there, come up with your own answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhealan View Post
    Thanks for your reply clutchh......which trinkets do u or others suggest using in combination....? i have most from heroic night hold
    what are the BiS trinkets for Holy Paladins raiding heroic Nighthold

Check out Zerotorescue's spreadsheet.

Deleted
    Just got back on my Holy Pally myself and facing similar questions, I found these which you may find useful:

Taken from Zerotorescue's spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wWw/edit#gid=0

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smurftech View Post
    Just got back on my Holy Pally myself and facing similar questions, I found these which you may find useful:

Taken from Zerotorescue's spreadsheet:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wWw/edit#gid=0
    Those trinkets arent static. They will change appropriately to your own personal stats. Linking your own isnt going to help much for others unless they are very similar to you.

Deleted
    Just bumping this thread, since it has not seen any new posts since May. Please post your Holy Paladin questions here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hi Holy Pallies

I'm debating a healing alt and I've narrowed it down to Holy Paladin or Monk, that's not what I'm here about though - part of my analysis is about personal survivability and I just want to confirm I understand something, assumptions:

- Paladins get +15% max hp passive
    - Devotion Aura is a permanent aura that reduces damage you take by 20% (assuming nobody is near you, or 20%/nearby allies)
    - Knight of the Silver Hand reduces damage taken by 9% after Judgment (for 3/3 artifact traits, more if you have it in a relic)

Am I reading all that right?

So say something 100-0's a Holy Priest (no direct damage reduction) so it deals 100% of their max hp. If I'm understanding your mitigation correctly, the same hit would need to do 163% of max hp to 100-0 a Holy Paladin?

That's crazy!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

We have a ton of extra survivability yeah. Also have a lot of armor that comes from our weapon.

Devo aura (and all the other auras) are always permanent. The DR does split between 3 people around you as you said. Only splits between 3 (4 including you I believe, could be wrong here I’m forgetting) people. However if it’s just you then you get the full buff. Just expanding on this a bit.

Yes to the rest. @Yvaelle

Some of this may be reduced in pvp. I don’t pvp aside from casual bgs so I have no idea what our template looks like.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-12-12 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Hi Holy Pallies

I'm debating a healing alt and I've narrowed it down to Holy Paladin or Monk, that's not what I'm here about though - part of my analysis is about personal survivability and I just want to confirm I understand something, assumptions:

- Paladins get +15% max hp passive
    - Devotion Aura is a permanent aura that reduces damage you take by 20% (assuming nobody is near you, or 20%/nearby allies)
    - Knight of the Silver Hand reduces damage taken by 9% after Judgment (for 3/3 artifact traits, more if you have it in a relic)

Am I reading all that right?

So say something 100-0's a Holy Priest (no direct damage reduction) so it deals 100% of their max hp. If I'm understanding your mitigation correctly, the same hit would need to do 163% of max hp to 100-0 a Holy Paladin?

That's crazy!
    Yes, but a lot of paladins use Aura of sacrifice for the huge healing cooldown so Devo aura isn't a given.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2017-12-12 at 06:49 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty amazing honestly. No wonder half of all the mythic dungeon invitational healers were holy paladins, I didn't even consider the bonus armor from Tyr too!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead thread is alive again!

Looking for critiques on ways I could improve, started healing first time since wotlk at the start of ToS so I know there is much improvement to be had
    Heroic Antorus farm has been getting over healed quite a bit normally bringing in 5 every week so far not much to do unless people mess up.

One of my biggest problems at the moment I can recognize is juggling smaller cds /velens/tyrs/wings/avengers around using it all with Aura of Sac unsure if it's worth holding for longer periods or using off cd

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/charact...tmourne/ecbert

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...tmourne/ecbert

7+ Year Old Account
    Question. If you have Maraads dying breath, do you incorporate a buffed Light of the Maryr during AoS/Aura Mastery?

Question. If you have Maraads dying breath, do you incorporate a buffed Light of the Maryr during AoS/Aura Mastery?
    Bingo. Buffed martyr into holy shock right at the beginning, green numbers everywhere.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpekkioMoW View Post
    Bingo. Buffed martyr into holy shock right at the beginning, green numbers everywhere.
    Thank you. At first I was a bit peeved when I got the cloak and not a BiS legendary. But now I don't feel bad since it gives me a reason to use LotM (I actually like this spell) and give a boost during and outside my cooldowns.

Deleted
    you been had reasons to use lotm

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. At first I was a bit peeved when I got the cloak and not a BiS legendary. But now I don't feel bad since it gives me a reason to use LotM (I actually like this spell) and give a boost during and outside my cooldowns.
    You should feel bad because of the fact its LotM. The cloak does on average 2-3% of your total healing which is well behind a few other legendaries. It was prioritized during tomb because it worked pretty well with the tier bonus, but that has abruptly changed with the new tier.

Choosing that solely because it will buff your aos is a poor excuse to use a less than average legendary. If you have the new tier, and other legendaries, I would recommend using them, but as always, play how you want to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    You should feel bad because of the fact its LotM. The cloak does on average 2-3% of your total healing which is well behind a few other legendaries. It was prioritized during tomb because it worked pretty well with the tier bonus, but that has abruptly changed with the new tier.

Choosing that solely because it will buff your aos is a poor excuse to use a less than average legendary. If you have the new tier, and other legendaries, I would recommend using them, but as always, play how you want to play.
    Unfortunately I'm not blessed with a plethora of legendaries. The ones I have are: Prydaz Xavaric's Magnus Opus, Maraad's Dying Breath, Obsidian Stone Spaulders, The Topless Tower and Uther's Guard. Prydaz is a certainty. Obsidian could see some playtime, but I'm still using the T20 4P. I find The Topless Tower to be too random to be efficient and Uther's Guard doesn't seem to be worth using. I'm aware that the T21 bonusses does not empower LotM, but I need to get my hands on T21 setpieces first. For now Lotm serves me well. The bosses go down and I get my orange parses so all i have to do now is pray to get better legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    That's pretty amazing honestly. No wonder half of all the mythic dungeon invitational healers were holy paladins, I didn't even consider the bonus armor from Tyr too!
    On top of that, you got Divine Protection for 20% DR for 8 seconds, with 60sec CD, which can further be reduced by 30% in talents (Not sure what you take in M+ anymore in terms of lvl 30 talent row)