Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

FinalBoss - Paragon Interview, WoWProgress Rules Change, Outpost Hotfix, Blue Tweets

Round 5 Livestream VOD, Skills/Runes for Top 1000, Shard of Hate Monk Build

Deck Spotlight: Divine Tempo Paladin, Mekkatorque's Workshop #7 - Rogue Damage Mitigation

Heroes 2014 Year in Review

FinalBoss - Paragon Interview
    FinalBoss had the chance to sit down and talk to Paragon after their Highmaul world first. If you missed it on Sunday, the video is now up!

WoWProgress Rules Change
    It appears that WoWProgress has added a new rule for rankings going forward that will not include guilds that realm transfer to buy gear from the BMAH.

Upcoming Garrison Outpost Hotfixes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve been working on a solution to the issues with swapping buildings that some players have reported. Tomorrow’s restarts will fix several issues, but there are two outstanding issues that will have to be corrected in a future hotfix. In the meantime, we want to make sure players are aware of the issues so that you can avoid them.

• Alliance players who changed outpost buildings in Spires of Arak prior to tomorrow's restarts will not be able to access the new building’s questline.
    • Horde players who change outpost buildings in Talador will be unable to change their building a second time. The gold cost will be charged, but the building will instantly revert back.
    Aside from those two issues, we believe the fix applied with tomorrow’s restarts will resolve all other issues with changing outpost buildings. The outstanding issues will be fixed as soon as possible.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Are you aware that the 25% chaos bolt pvp nerf introduced in 5.3 was never reverted even though resilience no longer exists?
    Untrue. It was reverted. We've tested it multiple times. But crit damage is reduced by 25% in PvP in WoD. Just buffed CB. (holinka)

Achievements
    I was of the understanding that Blizz only wanted achievements that were achievable, hence introduction of Feats of Strength. now except the Ordos one. Very very frustrating, and I hope you understand
    Ordoes ones should be FOS now, you're correct, will fix. (Muffinus)

PvP
    I've never spoken to anyone who has received conquest from a gold box in BGs. This was supposed to be a feature of WOD.What's up?
    We had to remove it from boxes last minute. (holinka)

Lore
    Hello, can you help get something settled? Is this non-canon? And if it is canon, why is it canon? What I'm trying to ask is, Enchanting is called a School of the Arcane in this book, does this mean Enchanting is not a School of Fel? Items can be enchanted w/ Fel energy, so can Enchanters be those who use Fel energy to enchant stuff?
    Enchanting probably uses several magical disciplines. Didn't we have shadow enchants at one point? (DaveKosak)

Where are the Shamans on Draenor? I play Alliance, so I'm sure it's a factor, but exposure to Shamanism is very limited thus far.
    The Draenei in this period hadn't learned shamanism yet. It was the broken draenei who turned to shamanism after their fall. (DaveKosak)

Garrisons
    What's your stance on follower trait re-rolls as opposed to the re-roll item for both traits and abilities?
    Cool suggestion, we've heard a lot about re-rolling, thanks for the notes all! (Muffinus)

Misc
    Do the Iron Warchiefs have mandatory job-training workshops on standing in imposing postures while in a group?
    just offscreen, Garrosh was coaching them all. "Line up - a little to the left Ner'zhul - yes! Hold it!" (DaveKosak)

Wow, so much whining over Style War. They came third fair and square.

Also, about follower rerolling, it would be nice if we could use the inn for rerolling either abilities or traits of existing followers (at the cost of recruiting a new follower) each week. It would be optional ofc.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2014-12-23 at 07:22 AM.

On the transfer thing, TLDR is China only has to about 1.50 for their transfers and they have no transfer cd. It might seem weird that a 3rd party website like Wowprogress thinks they have some sort of leverage over how players approach World of Warcraft itself, but they do in that regard. WCL can do the same thing by blacklisting exploiters. The threat of a ban for the shadow priest exploiters seemed to work anyway back in 6.0. Players don't have to care about the websites but since they choose to, they need to adhere to guidelines, or start their own. Going into T18, it might not be as big of a deal since you don't have the 2.5 weeks, and there might not be 2 raid instances, but we'll see. Still good to have that in place imo, but I think it'll be a non-issue, unless theres 2 tiers of loot again, in which case, yeah, one week is probably enough time to get ~30 pieces of loot from various servers.

TLDR: Don't think it's a big deal, but a good move imo
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-12-23 at 07:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    On the transfer thing, TLDR is China only has to about 1.50 for their transfers and they have no transfer cd. It might seem that weird a 3rd party website like Wowprogress thinks they have some sort of leverage over how players approach World of Warcraft itself, but they kinda do in that regard. WCL can do the same thing by blacklisting exploiters. The threat of a ban for the shadow priest exploiters seemed to work anyway back in 6.0. Players don't have to care about the websites but since they choose to, they need to adhere to guidelines, or start their own.

Going into T18, it might not be as big of a deal since you don't have the 2.5 weeks, and there might not be 2 raid instances, but we'll see. Still good to have that in place imo. I don't think anything will come of it, but if I was in Kernel's shoes I'd be doing it too.
    Or, you know, they could just ban Chinese guilds because 'rules'. But if they did that, it would cause a lot of backlash (not that it isn't now).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    Wow, so much whining over Style War. They came third fair and square.

Also, about follower rerolling, it would be nice if we could use the inn for rerolling either abilities or traits of existing followers (at the cost of recruiting a new follower) each week. It would be optional ofc.

Style War had 76 Blackrock Foundry mythic gear when they killed Imperator.... yeah 76.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Also, if they want to prevent real money influencing the race, then they should force participants to ditch their sponsorships and any such declarations. (OFC no one prove that they get paid as such, but a disclaimer should be there, no?). It just goes to show how silly the rule is in the first place.

With the gap to mythic Foundry, that's still a lot of time to continue getting BMAH items I guess. Not sure how he's going to monitor it though. Assuming he monitors their armories one by one, where does he draw the line? Seeing more raiders off server and acquiring more 695+ items than they have now? 10+ more? 20? Really up to him but everyone probably would have a different way or opinion on approaching it

Basically if a US/EU guild wanted to try it, they could, it's a 3 day transfer cd. They'd need to clear mythic on Tues/Wed, transfer immediately, then come back asap so the cd is up for the next raid reset. That 3 day cd and the real money involved has been enough of a deterrent to keep it from happening elsewhere. China with their setup, you would have enough time to get to 695 most likely, considering what they accomplished in a couple of weeks. Not just the fact that it's cheap but they could visit more than one server a week because of the lack of a cooldown.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2014-12-23 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Style War had 76 Blackrock Foundry mythic gear when they killed Imperator.... yeah 76.
    Translation:
    The others did not have that much BRF gear and they are angry because they know they stand to lose next time.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Translation:
    The others did not have that much BRF gear and they are angry because they know they stand to lose next time.
    Whats to be angry about?

All that effort for Third place?

Enjoy your bronze medal. Thats like taking steroids and getting the participation ribbon.

Once again the Chinese servers have an advantage. They have cheap and unrestricted transfer, took advantage of it had a shitload of extra gear because of it and still couldnt win.

I guess the change is a boot moot this tier, but could cause some ripples for the next one.

Deleted
    Translation:
    This makes no sense to me, the gear disparity should have proven to be a much bigger contributing factor this raid when everyone entered relatively undergeared. Once BRF opens up, the gap won't be as big.

Style War should not be blamed for doing what they did, after all it all falls under "fair game" as it was permissible by Blizzard, but to deny that the system itself is flawed is ridiculous. You should not be allowed to participate under the same progression race when a substantial part of your gear is already equivalent to the difficulty setting that you're trying to clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    I guess the change is a boot moot this tier, but could cause some ripples for the next one.
    I originally thought it was moot myself, but we still have until February for Foundry, so they might still even be getting 695/701 Foundry gear from the BMAH after they cleared it for the week.

lol, ppl changing the rules of the game when they dont win, too funny

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HomeHoney View Post
    lol, ppl changing the rules of the game when they dont win, too funny
    Except "they" did win.

All of this would be a non-issue if Blizzard hadn't put raid gear on the BMAH in the first place...

So what I'm saying is that despite this so called 'advantage', they are beatable. Meaning that the 'advantage' is irrelevant, and by extension so are the rules. Guilds will still get BRF gear. They wont stop. No one is denying that the system is flawed. Just that changing rules to suit one approach is lame.
    Last edited by ttak82; 2014-12-23 at 09:22 AM.

So what I'm saying is that despite this so called 'advantage', they are beatable. Meaning that the 'advantage' is irrelevant, and by extension so are the rules. Guilds will still get BRF gear. They wont stop.
    2 guilds beat them as opposed to the unknown number of others that employed the same gearing tactics as the first two. It's completely untrue to say having such a staggering financial advantage, in both real (transfer cost) and in-game (gold transfer cap iirc) currency has no relevant impact. Just from a noncompetitive standpoint, getting an extra 1 or 2 bump in ilvl can make a huge difference in getting that first kill, and it'd be an outright lie to say any bump in ilvl won't compensate for (relative) poor skill.
    Last edited by Monstercloud; 2014-12-23 at 09:58 AM.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The interview was pretty good, thanks for posting it

Quote Originally Posted by dahorst View Post
    Except "they" did win.
    "they" meaning those that did not win, they are the only ones crying about style war, paragon dont give two whits about style war because paragon knows its skill that wins, not gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JTF195 View Post
    All of this would be a non-issue if Blizzard hadn't put raid gear on the BMAH in the first place...
    If it was heroic only gear it wouldve been better, but none would be even better.