Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I see folks stating that CM's "shouldn't" be part of progression. Well.. why not? Why can't it serve in parallel to another method?

You'll see post after post about how LFR currently isn't part of progression either (though for many players it can be), yet CM gear is worse, while being far more challenging to complete. Nevermind that a full clear nets you one piece of gear, while LFR can hand out more than that.

Right now, unless you're going for medals, you have zero reason to step into a CM. There's room for raid-difficulty 5 mans in this game without rustling too many feathers, and this mode is a good way to do it.
    Because too many options is crazy, then I'll have to do ALL of them obviously!

Honestly I think putting it 5 ilevels higher than RF isn't an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Because too many options is crazy, then I'll have to do ALL of them obviously!

Honestly I think putting it 5 ilevels higher than RF isn't an issue.
    It is. If they update it now, then they will want it updated when blackrock hits. Then again for the next tier. And I know you are being sarcastic, but your statement is how some will feel. Especially if its ilevel is going to be better then what they currently have / can get possibly 7 pieces a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It is. If they update it now, then they will want it updated when blackrock hits. Then again for the next tier. And I know you are being sarcastic, but your statement is how some will feel. Especially if its ilevel is going to be better then what they currently have / can get possibly 7 pieces a week.
    And what's the issue with it being updated with new LFR's It's intended as pre-raid progresion. Ofcourse it should remain relevant.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is, but blizzard evidently doesn't hold the same opinion given they gave CM's gear in the first place.

You are also arguing that "the gear isn't being upgraded [currently]" as if that means anything 2 fucking months into the expansion. We haven't HAD any new tiers yet and we haven't really had time for blizzard to sit down and make any non-urgent changes to content. All current changes have been hotfixes and balances.

They will, at some point when it's less hectic sit down and go "How did we feel about CM's rewarding LFR level gear?" - They may decide it was a bad idea and remove completely, they may feel the gear should be higher to be correct for the difficulty. We don't know.

What we do know is CM's (even without timer) are significantly harder than LFR and certainly harder than normal modes, debatable on whether it's more difficult than heroic modes.

You spouting shit as if you're a developer or as if the CM gear system has been ingame unadjusted for years is not going to change anyones minds and isn't adding anything to the discussion - because we've had this for 2 months.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-12-25 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

If someone FEELS like they have to do it, then maybe they just shouldn't play honestly. It's a weak argument to complain about having to feel like you have to do something to stay competitive, especially when there is many other choices.

It also ignores those who want to do CMs to stay up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    And what's the issue with it being updated with new LFR's It's intended as pre-raid progresion. Ofcourse it should remain relevant.

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is, but blizzard evidently doesn't hold the same opinion given they gave CM's gear in the first place.
    They obviously do given its not updated. The only problem is the time it would take in order to do that. Maybe they could do it easily, maybe not. However, its evident that they don't care to since they haven't.

- - - Updated - - -

If someone FEELS like they have to do it, then maybe they just shouldn't play honestly. It's a weak argument to complain about having to feel like you have to do something to stay competitive, especially when there is many other choices.

It also ignores those who want to do CMs to stay up to date.
    Its wow, there are Plenty of people who will feel obligated, or even be forced to by their raid leader to do it. A possible 7 pieces for free that is the same as LFR or, like what the op wants, flex? You can bet a lot will want that to be required.

The fact is, they were never intended to be a gearing path. Why they put this in, I cannot say. Just chulk it up to one of their silly ideas and move along. If it gets upped, fine. However, don't complain that it isn't being upped since that is not their purpose.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Its wow, there are Plenty of people who will feel obligated, or even be forced to by their raid leader to do it. A possible 7 pieces for free that is the same as LFR or, like what the op wants, flex? You can bet a lot will want that to be required.

The fact is, they were never intended to be a gearing path. Why they put this in, I cannot say. Just chulk it up to one of their silly ideas and move along. If it gets upped, fine. However, don't complain that it isn't being upped since that is not their purpose.
    If it's not their purpose, then why do they even give gear? Perhaps...because it IS their purpose?!

And I stand by the statement, if they feel forced to do it they should re-evaluate their purpose in playing WoW then, especially if they're not racing for Realm Firsts. If it feels like a job, and they don't want to do it, then go do something else.

If it's not their purpose, then why do they even give gear? Perhaps...because it IS their purpose?!
    Its not. Like I said, chalk it up to one of their silly ideas. I cannot say why that quest was put in, but there has been a lot of odd things they have tried in WoD. If it was meant to be a continued way, then one of two things would happen. 1) the bosses would give loot 2) it would be updated. Neither of which are happening. They are not a gearing path any longer, and really shouldn't be complained about that they are doing the same thing they have always done, been something for people to do for a title,mount, and cosmetics.

And I stand by the statement, if they feel forced to do it they should re-evaluate their purpose in playing WoW then, especially if they're not racing for Realm Firsts. If it feels like a job, and they don't want to do it, then go do something else.
    That is a valid opinion, but like I said, there will be people who will feel forced to do it if the gear is too good / too frequently able to be obtained.

Its not. Like I said, chalk it up to one of their silly ideas. I cannot say why that quest was put in, but there has been a lot of odd things they have tried in WoD. If it was meant to be a continued way, then one of two things would happen. 1) the bosses would give loot 2) it would be updated. Neither of which are happening. They are not a gearing path any longer, and really shouldn't be complained about that they are doing the same thing they have always done, been something for people to do for a title,mount, and cosmetics.
    The only issue I think was a silly idea was putting the chance at 100%. Remember, the CMs in MoP were also upgraded to be relevant after a bit, pretty sure it's safe to say they meant for it to be a side gearing path.

The only issue I think was a silly idea was putting the chance at 100%. Remember, the CMs in MoP were also upgraded to be relevant after a bit, pretty sure it's safe to say they meant for it to be a side gearing path.
    The only thing those did was add valor didn't they? If they added gear it didn't get upgraded. We will have to see if the gear gets upgraded next tier. However, I wouldn't expect them to continuously update it.

The only thing those did was add valor didn't they? If they added gear it didn't get upgraded. We will have to see if the gear gets upgraded next tier. However, I wouldn't expect them to continuously update it.
    You got valor and the chance at like, 535 gear or something during ToT I believe it was added. It was the same cache with heroic Scenarios.

Zantos, just going to repeat WoD released in OCTOBER. If we saw an update in gear ilvl, it wouldn't likely be till 6.1 if not 7.0 (comparative to the content then)
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Zantos, just going to repeat WoD released in OCTOBER. If we saw an update in gear ilvl, it wouldn't likely be till 6.1 if not 7.0 (comparative to the content then)
    What? WoD released in November. But the op was wanting a gear upgrade in ilevel for the CMs now.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    LFR shouldn't even be above 630 with how easy it is.
    Yeah this. I used to run some in pandalandia, but after running one in WOD, i really don't see the point for me running these. Hands down too easy. Healer pov you could basically 1-2 heal everything. I see the point in lfr for people to see almost full content, but pls. Tune them up a bit maybe???

Stop complaining CM and garrison missions served their purpose of keeping both semi-HC and hardcore raiders out of LFR at least for the chance of loot, the stones are pefectly fine imo. There is no purpose in upgrading the items from 640 to higher they will still be outdated, and its only an extra way of achieving LFR lvl loot.
    If you want your free loot above 640 go and do garrison missions, or you can just try to get socketed/wf, havent seen any LFR loot above 640 yet, but might be because I've barely tried it, and thank god for that.

Quote Originally Posted by theburned View Post
    Stop complaining CM and garrison missions served their purpose of keeping both semi-HC and hardcore raiders out of LFR at least for the chance of loot, the stones are pefectly fine imo. There is no purpose in upgrading the items from 640 to higher they will still be outdated, and its only an extra way of achieving LFR lvl loot.
    If you want your free loot above 640 go and do garrison missions, or you can just try to get socketed/wf, havent seen any LFR loot above 640 yet, but might be because I've barely tried it, and thank god for that.
    There is WF LFR loot, my friend got 646 shoulders last run.

Although I'm not sure how any of these shows that CM gear shouldn't be upgraded.

What? WoD released in November. But the op was wanting a gear upgrade in ilevel for the CMs now.
    True, even later (that's the alcohol).

Half your arguments in this thread have been "CM's aren't for gear" (proven untrue by blizzard adding this quest and repeatedly commenting on it since blizzcon - it's 100% intended, and the other half of been "if they were going to change it they would have already" which we both know is absolute BS considering how they are still fixing things from beta.

True, even later (that's the alcohol).

Half your arguments in this thread have been "CM's aren't for gear" (proven untrue by blizzard adding this quest and repeatedly commenting on it since blizzcon - it's 100% intended, and the other half of been "if they were going to change it they would have already" which we both know is absolute BS considering how they are still fixing things from beta.
    Honestly, I stand by my statement. If blizz did say it is meant to be a gearing option, i would like to see the link since you are saying they said it is. I see it more along the lines of a way to try to drum up interest in challenge modes. Not to help gear, but get more people to potentially want to run challenge modes more seriously by having seen a preview of it through trying to get a small gear upgrade.

you are my, you are my, you are my baby

Some good points in this thread.

I agree that keeping challenge modes relevant is a good idea, but also understand some of the concerns (gearing too fast).

I think these issues can be solved by adding a weekly quest with 2 options (like the garrison dailies)

Weekly Option 1 -- LFR
    *Choosing this option locks you out from getting gear from Challenge Modes for the week (can still do CMs)
    *This weekly requires you to complete X LFR wings
    *The reward for the weekly quest is gold or something else (and any 640 loot from bosses as per normal)

Option 2 -- Challenge Mode
    *Choosing this option locks you out from getting gear from LFR for the week (can do still LFR)
    *This weekly requires you to complete X Challenge mode dungeons
    *The 640 bag is scrapped (but keep reading)
    *Completing the weekly rewards a significant number of Apexis Crystals (like 30k total for the week, since it costs 30k+ to buy one 655 item), and the 655 apexis vendors now also have a greater range of gear.

I think that addresses the 'gearing too fast' issue (or too slow!), and being 'forced' to do LFR.

Of course numbers are never final, but thoughts?
    Last edited by styil; 2014-12-26 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Finishing a CM run at the moment just for the gear is fairly easy, getting a 650 would too great of a reward and would make normal highmaul gear be a lot less relevant.