Only one who finds Mythic>Conquest bad?

Am I really that different from everyone else's perspective on this matter? I consistently see PvE'rs endless remarks on how this is a PvE game and PvP is a sideshow etc. etc.... yet then they complain that they can't PvP... hypocritical much?

Aside from that the other argument is always well in classic PvE was useable in PvP... I played classic, I was the guy running around in T2 on my lock roflstomping HwL Gear, and I was the first to admit it was wrong in my opinion (albeit fear was OP)... I geared to smack dragons not players.

I have switched mainly to PvP since then, and whilst I have absolutely Zero problem with PvE gear being viable in PvP it should NEVER EVER come even close to BiS... looking at Mythic armor right now considering the set bonuses and pure damage/healing/mitigation bonuses from it, there is no doubt it will trump conquest armor. That is in my opinion wrong...

You want to PvE then do it, come into PvP and do mediocre at best until you grind out your set, just as if im pvping and come into PvE I will do mediocre until I get my set... the day someone rolls in full PvE mythic gear with just 2 pvp trinkets for damage mitigation bonus and rolls all Conquest gear of the same skillset maybe you Blizzard will see the fault...though with recent developments im sure their response will simply be "PvP gear had it's time, ah well guess its time for PvE to shine in ALL aspects of the game... as if it didnt in classic....and WPvP in MoP.

Im not here to troll, simply here to see other peoples comments and concerns, and if I dare ask why you think PvE gear should be better... or even really close to BiS PvP gear IN PvP...

Mythic gear gets downscaled in structured PvP...your entire point is really invalidated by this fact. It is a 'viable' option but conquest gear is still better in PvP than mythic gear is.

PvE set bonuses no longer function in PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you're either really misinformed on how PvP works these days, or you're referring to strictly world pvp. If the former, basically instanced pvp works the way you want - PvP gear vastly outpaces PvE in all respects. In world pvp, Mythic gear and Conquest gear are even, so who cares.

yeah forgettable is correct but there are some people in some threads ive read today thinking mythic is better for rbgs and regs/arenas and they are bad lets just call them misguided

As far as I know mythic downscale to 690 which means they are exactly same as pvp stuff

So you have to run mythic to minmax in pvp
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Well thats odd, because the Mythic Gear I have is only 685... thats weird. Can I join your mythic raiding group?

Quote Originally Posted by ZealousBlade View Post
    Well thats odd, because the Mythic Gear I have is only 685... thats weird. Can I join your mythic raiding group?
    Black rock foundry.

Also does gear scale down to 690? I know gear scaled down in mop but i thought all they did for wod was make gear scale up to 650. And remove pve set bonuses from working in pvp.

I apologize for my inadequacy in knowledge when it comes to the whole downscale upscale nonsense... that being said I believe I was told PvE gear will NOT be down scaled, was I given misinformation? If I was and PvE set bonuses do not work in Bgs as well, then this post becomes irrelevant and I apologize

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Black rock foundry.

Also does gear scale down to 690? I know gear scaled down in mop but i thought all they did for wod was make gear scale up to 650. And remove pve set bonuses from working in pvp.
    Gear does scale and cap in PvP (at least rated pvp, but im fairly sure normal bgs as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceDevilos View Post
    I apologize for my inadequacy in knowledge when it comes to the whole downscale upscale nonsense... that being said I believe I was told PvE gear will NOT be down scaled, was I given misinformation? If I was and PvE set bonuses do not work in Bgs as well, then this post becomes irrelevant and I apologize
    Max ilvl in arena/BGs is 690. So yes, higher ilvl pve gear gets downscaled to ilvl690. Also, set bonuses and sockets are all deactivated in instanced pvp, pve trinket procs either don't work or are nerfed into oblivion, and I assume the legendary procs will also be deactivated.

At worst, a player wearing mythic gear will have more opportunity to min/max his off-stats, but that's hardly gamebreaking.

Thank you all for the responses in this case I seem to have been mis-informed and misguided, thus why I posted on the forums to get some light shed on the subject... Thank you everyone for the responses!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigana View Post
    Max ilvl in arena/BGs is 690. So yes, higher ilvl pve gear gets downscaled to ilvl690. Also, set bonuses and sockets are all deactivated in instanced pvp, pve trinket procs either don't work or are nerfed into oblivion, and I assume the legendary procs will also be deactivated.

At worst, a player wearing mythic gear will have more opportunity to min/max his off-stats, but that's hardly gamebreaking.
    Source on the sockets/warforge/extra stats not working?
    Also, the different between someone with a min-maxed set of gear versus a player who doesn't have that is actually pretty massive (as most of you pve dribblers should be able to attest to), especially on glad-levels.
    So yes, this is a pretty big oversight, it should have capped out a 685, no clue why blizzard is forcing pvpers to do pve AGAIN after doing everything right in MOP

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    Also, the different between someone with a min-maxed set of gear versus a player who doesn't have that is actually pretty massive (as most of you pve dribblers should be able to attest to), especially on glad-levels.
    So yes, this is a pretty big oversight, it should have capped out a 685, no clue why blizzard is forcing pvpers to do pve AGAIN after doing everything right in MOP
    Then again though, they would need to wear at least 4 piece of the mainset to get the bonuses. and the 2 pvp trinkets to get the 10% dmg reduction. So they still get to min/mzx, but not entirely.

I'm not sure if all classes/specs are like this in WoD, but daaaaaaam who else thinks the PvP set bonus for combat rogue could easily be a PvE set bonus..

Quote Originally Posted by hypermode View Post
    As Pvp gear seemingly can get Warforged as the only preset (Through the Strongboxes), then it would seem natural that Tertiary Stats/Sockets are disabled in instanced pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Then again though, they would need to wear at least 4 piece of the mainset to get the bonuses. and the 2 pvp trinkets to get the 10% dmg reduction. So they still get to min/mzx, but not entirely.
    Frost mages spit on set bonuses.
    Anyway, Blizzard should simply make PvE gear always scale down to "lowest current pvp gear" which would be 675 now (current but low) and when next season starts that would be 690 while conquest sits at 705. You can use pve gear to gear up to current high pvp gear, but not to dominate it. Simple as that.
    As for world PvP (which is important regardless of what people state) the solution isn't that easy. You can't scale up PvP gear and you cant really scale down PvE gear. I don't really understand why blizz decided against PvP power and resilience but instead added versatility which is obviously a horrid stat in PvE. Maybe PvP gear should just get a set value of versatility on every slot (ignoring ilvl stat limit) or every piece of pvp gear lowers damage taken by other players by x-% so that wearing more and more PvP gear is relevant. This should be the same for any pvp gear as we don't want to artifically increase the difference between current high and low pvp gear.

Since bc (vanilla had PvP gear thrown in only at the end and really only for flavor) there has been a competitive PvP scene in wow. Every expansion from bc until pandas has had some mix of pve gear utilized as optimal for PvP. It has varied as to how much but it has always been there and generally it has been gear requiring serious raid investment.

Just on the offhand anyone wishes to use one of the nonsense arguments in defense of this silly system we can simply turn it around...imagine a wow where the best raid gear was attainable only at 2300 rating. People would strap on bombs and run into blizzard headquarters.

Now...Since this has been going on for the greater part of a decade now forgive us for having no faith in them properly balancing this. K thx

But maybe withsomeluck...