Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Bad is one thing being a retard is another i did notice tht alot of players are extremely new and they been playing games where u can just run in regardless of role and be fine

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Do PvP instead. Honor gear will be better than what drops in normals, save perhaps for the trinkets.

Anyway: I am very amused that the "make 5 mans harder!" idea appears to be failing spectacularly again. I don't think they're going to make this mistake again after this.
    5 mans aren't the problem

fucking awful dps doing terrible damage that don't know what an interrupt is are the problem. dumb the game down for these people so it's easier to play and they manage to play worse

these people don't deserve the privilege to play with others

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because this hasn't been asked before but if you don't want to do things with shit stupid people why are you pugging in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Psynyx View Post
    Because this hasn't been asked before but if you don't want to do things with shit stupid people why are you pugging in the first place?
    You shoulda made is super sarcastic like mine.....

It seems like even silver PGs can't keep out the bads. I HAVE noticed more interrupts when needed, switching to adds, etc. in WoD, which is awesome, but there are still quite a few of the usual PuG problems that plague heroics including primadonnas (either tanks, heals, or way overgeared DPS), trolls, etc.

I just wish the queue times were better. 40 minutes as a DPS and all I want to do are my damn Inn quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    5 mans aren't the problem

fucking awful dps doing terrible damage that don't know what an interrupt is are the problem. dumb the game down for these people so it's easier to play and they manage to play worse

these people don't deserve the privilege to play with others
    Yeah, your entire argument there is bogus. The players are what the players are, and the game designers have to adjust to what they are. The player population as a whole will not adjust to save a design that fails to properly adapt itself to them.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, your entire argument there is bogus.
    Is it? because this isn't even hard

You sit there and tell them PICK UP SHRAPNEL, BURN ELITE MOBS

and they say "no i want to save it for the boss"

and you explain that plenty of shrapnel drops and that is okay to use on elite mobs

you go further to explain that the faster you kill the elite mobs, the faster we can get mortar and shrapnel, which means the boss will die faster

Eventually you get so fed up with their bullshit, that as the tank because they can't even do their job right, that you just do their job for them. And then they bitch about it, because you made the fight end like 15 times faster. Then they kick you from the group because you told them that they were incompetent and clearly had no idea what they were doing.

it's shit like that that makes me not even want to try when i play the game. what the fuck is even the point of being a competent, goal driven player? i get more respect from these motherfuckers trolling them in goon squad style than i do letting them glean a silver of wisdom from a long time great player. makes me spiteful as fuck.

i don't even want to play with these kids, they are fucking garbage and should play with the rest of their garbage kid crew. They don't deserve to play with people who can listen to directions and actually put in the effort to make a worthwhile contribution.

but here is a fun fact: i took a break from world of warcraft back in november last year to play FFXIV and spent the better half of the year playing it. Not even once, in that time, did I meet a single player in that game that was worse than the worst wow players I have ever seen. Garbage players in this game have their own level of suck. It's impressive.

-ly depressing.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2014-12-19 at 07:25 PM.

Yeah, your entire argument there is bogus. The players are what the players are, and the game designers have to adjust to what they are. The player population as a whole will not adjust to save a design that fails to properly adapt itself to them.
    Players will, for the most part, do as little as possible to get through any given encounter. This is why you see afk-ing going on in LFR historically. This is why you see pugs demanding stupidly high requirements to join a group.

Designing games to satisfy this mindset is an awful, awful idea.

it's shit like that that makes me not even want to try when i play the game. what the fuck is even the point of being a competent, goal driven player? i get more respect from these motherfuckers trolling them in goon squad style than i do letting them glean a silver of wisdom from a long time great player. makes me spiteful as fuck.

i don't even want to play with these kids, they are fucking garbage and should play with the rest of their garbage kid crew. They don't deserve to play with people who can listen to directions and actually put in the effort to make a worthwhile contribution.
    nobody is forcing you to... make your own group and stop complaining. simple as that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbert View Post
    nobody is forcing you to... make your own group and stop complaining. simple as that.
    Stop queueing for Heroics if your goal is not to complete the dungeon.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrm View Post
    I did ONE heroic this week, a DPS and a healer ran ahead of me and pulled from the beginning of the instance to the first boss, ran it all back to me, and wondered why we died. I left after that.
    This describes basically every run of Iron Docks I've been in
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Is it? because this isn't even hard
    And then you spewed out a screenfull of noise that didn't even contradict what I wrote.

Yes, many players are pretty bad.

No, it is not their responsibility to get better in order to make a game that you might like commercially feasible.

Let me repeat: it is NEVER the responsibility of the player population to save the game design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Players will, for the most part, do as little as possible to get through any given encounter. This is why you see afk-ing going on in LFR historically. This is why you see pugs demanding stupidly high requirements to join a group.

Designing games to satisfy this mindset is an awful, awful idea.
    Game designs that ignore the reality of what actual players do are an even worse idea, because such designs will collide with reality and fail.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Game designs that ignore the reality of what actual players do are an even worse idea, because such designs will collide with reality and fail.
    This one doesn't. Those players can run normal 5 mans.

*shrug*

10+ Year Old Account
    Into mythic raids now.... I haven't been in a heroic since the 4th day of the xpac.
    The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long - and you have burned so very, very brightly.

What ticks me off, has nada to do with PuG's, it's all my guildies who can still get upgrades via Heroics yet won't run them despite my asking every day if anyone would like to join me in a Heroic Dungeon run. Seems like people hit raids and then figure rest of their upgrades will come from the raid, God Forbid they run 7-10 heroics to replace that shitty 600 blue or two they are sporting.

Deleted
    Been running heroics for 3 days straight trying to get trinkets. Wiped maybe 10 times in total, usually multiple come from the same instance. I don't think it's that bad really.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    First boss the lock bitches at everyone to not kill the hulk bc the goblin is too high. I point out that if the ranged had been on the goblin the whole time they would have died closer together. "Lol gtfo noob" X has left group. Ok...bit of an overreaction there but whatev.
    This confuses me honestly, it's not like it matters really much on heroic at least, the Goblin just stays in place after the big guy dies.

But I haven't had anyone like this honestly yet, but I haven't ran dungeons in a while.

I remember the first days of WoD when heroics were full of good players, then I remember a week into it and noticing all the baddies catching up. It was so noticeable even my guildies were commenting about it. Save with the very first LFR (Dragon Soul), the very first days when (mostly) only ppl with raiding ilvl could get in, it was a breeze. Then things went downhill from there

Tbh I cant say that I've encountered that many bad players in heroics.

I guess it boils down to what role you play. If you have a bad tank or healer it affects the group a lot more than a dps being bad.

Damn, that is seriously weird you had a bad group in a heroic lfd. What's happening to this game? This is unheard of!