10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first MH that i have actually enjoyed (tried the 3DS one and one other Nintendo platform one i think) and am having a blast. I bounced around on weapons for a bit, started Charge Axe, then Switch Axe, then Insect-Glaive, then bow, and now i have settled on L Bowgun right now. After it taking me 40 minutes to kill the first lizard that puts mud on itself in the desert for the story quest, and then the second time i fought one it took 10 minutes with the L Bowgun, i have fallen in love. Being able to at will switch up elements or damage types is amazing. Shock Lizard was super easy once i realized how Wyvern Blast works, so now i just got figure out if there are any relevant skills for bowgun users in armor. Been playing exclusively solo right now until i learn my way around the game. As a Dark Souls vet, i love the combat in the game, and learning patterns and tells, but god its hard to convince other friends to play the game because of how unforgiving it can be.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Deleted
    I'm glad to announce:
    I've finally found a way to play MH Online as a lonewolf

Basically you need to search for SOS flares.
    On the search Criterias:
    Quest type: No preferences
    Difficulty: High Rank (in my case)
    Target: Pick the monster you want to farm

NOTE: On the bottom left corner it says how long have they started the hunt. Preferably search for hunts that started less than a minute ago!
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and gentleman. This is the new Monster Hunter Online Experience....its the SOS flare
    Its no longer "start at town and make a full group"
    Its the SOS search tab
    Finally i've found a way to not play this game alone anymore
    The online experience is saved!
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-30 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    Simple question:
    Do i need PS+ in order to play just singleplayer, not interested in the multiplayer part on consoles and not planning to but subscription just to play a single player game.
    asking since i can't find a clear answer, i've read that you needed PS+ to participate in the Beta, but not sure if you need it just play now.

Okay so I only ever played with a bow. How would I go about learning new weapons ? Should I use a base weapon (Iron or Bone) and start doing LR stuff and upgrade little by little or should I just craft the best possible one and go HR ?

Reee, I want to play so badly but I ain't buying a console D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshalty View Post
    Simple question:
    Do i need PS+ in order to play just singleplayer, not interested in the multiplayer part on consoles and not planning to but subscription just to play a single player game.
    asking since i can't find a clear answer, i've read that you needed PS+ to participate in the Beta, but not sure if you need it just play now.
    I checked the game box of Monster Hunter World and it says its a 1 player game without any requirements.
    It says you need PS Plus to play online, thats all.

I dont want to give you bad information...im not sure. You better make sure before buying.
    I dont want to be responsible xD

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Remote play definitely works, I have used it a few times already.

I think the reason why the game wasn't put on Switch is it started development long before capcom had Switch dev kits. I feel like that is why they threw together a quick port of XX for the JP market. I would imagine the next version of World(cause we all know it will get a new version before it gets a sequel, capcom gonna capcom) would be down ported to the Switch. The game isn't that graphically demanding tbh and is also sub 16 GB so will fit on a smaller switch cart fine. The game looks great but it's mostly carried by the art style and pre rendered lighting and not so much hardware demanding. 540/720 with some of the monster textures toned down and I imagine it would run on the Switch.
    That's good to know, thanks. I guess it's really more of they removed it from the boxes because "lol Vita", most games I looked at still said "Remote Play" on the back.

And I thought they actually said that this game was in development for 4-5 years, hence no Switch version. But yes, I'd expect a Monster Hunter World X with G rank added before I'd expect an actual sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I checked the game box of Monster Hunter World and it says its a 1 player game without any requirements.
    It says you need PS Plus to play online, thats all.

I dont want to give you bad information...im not sure. You better make sure before buying.
    I dont want to be responsible xD
    I've been shoved into offline hubs before when connection errors occurred, so it must be an option somehow. But I can't find anything.

Best someone could do is try creating another PSN account on the PS4 under a new user, and see if it lets them play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshalty View Post
    Simple question:
    No you can play fully offline (SP) without PS+. As long as the box does not say "Online Required" you will not need PS+ to play it in Single Player.

Ontopic: Just soloed a Rathian and I feel like a bad ass, Just outright murdered it Now that I have unlearned the bad habits from playing other Action RPG's I am just having a blast.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-01-30 at 11:10 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I want to see how all the new ppl to the series handle good ole brachyDIO and Deviljhojho
    Well...I struggled with Pukei-Pukei and a Barroth.....so I can't wait to get my ass kicked with what is probably considered real monsters....I suck so bad at this game.....I just need to be more patient....I usually try and gung-ho it...but I killed both of them on the try where I was more patient and conservative with my attacks and trying to plan them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad to announce:

On the search Criterias:

NOTE: On the bottom left corner it says how long have they started the hunt. Preferably search for hunts that started less than a minute ago!

Ladies and gentleman. This is the new Monster Hunter Online Experience....its the SOS flare
    Its the SOS search tab
    Oh... I thought you knew about that. Otherwise I would've told you lol. Yeah I mean it does kinda suck that some of the community has been lost but it's also very easy to pick up and play with other people at any time.

I think the online features need more work certainly, but I think they're headed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Yeah i noticed when i joined a randos tzi-tzi SOS and i comboe'd into the charged shield and then filled my phials and went crazy when it went to flash and bam, two parks broken messages at once.

and of course it didn't drop the claw i have needed for ages -_-
    Curious what the buildup looks like and if the caps actually low enough or the diminishing returns slow enough that its actually good or if its still gonna get outshone by elements.

I mean, ideally its worse than elements because if not then whats the point of elements but also blast is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I mean the thing about Monster Hunter was that you kinda had to forgive the poor controls because the gameplay loop was so strong. Monster Hunter World has made every weapon feel so much more responsive without robbing the game of its difficulty. This is legitimately the best iteration of every weapon. And don't even get me started on the gunner weapons. As a HBG main in FU and a Bow main in 3U, it wouldn't be unreasonable for some people to say they were neigh unplayable in previous games. Now they feel so much better.

I have no doubt Monster Hunter World has ruined all of the other Monster Hunter games except maybe 4U for me. It is better in literally every way.

Hell, the only real complaint I have are mostly based on the Online components, which while not bad, are certainly flawed.
    I have to admit, I started with 4u on a n3ds so I've never actually experienced bad controls. Though yeah I've always felt the ranged controls were hot garbage, though frankly I still feel that way because I can't stand trying to aim on a controller. Everything's pretty crap compared to a keyboard when talking ranged.

PC gonna be so gud for ranged players.

Worlds definitely got a bunch of improvements on what was already an extremely solid design. My problem is him saying that the gameplay was shovelware levels just because he couldn't take the admittedly terrible graphics and pretending like the game only got 20fps when it absolutely got more than that is again disingenuous.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I'm glad to announce:

On the search Criterias:

Its the SOS search tab
    Thought u knew about the SOS, Happy u can enjoy it now.

I mite later just do some SOS stuff for the night and build up mats, Going to take a small break from the story.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no doubt Monster Hunter World has ruined all of the other Monster Hunter games except maybe 4U for me. It is better in literally every way.
    Not gonna lie I went to play XX today and noticed a massive difference in gameplay. I am not the most knowledgeable of MH games but my god the difference between MHW and XX in gameplay is night and day.

I got my ass kicked by a rank 1 mob in XX lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No you can play fully offline (SP) without PS+. As long as the box does not say "Online Required" you will not need PS+ to play it in Single Player.

Ontopic: Just soloed a Rathian and I feel like a bad ass, Just outright murdered it Now that I have unlearned the bad habits from playing other Action RPG's I am just having a blast.
    Fighting the rath's was the first time in this game that I was really taken aback by the graphics.

Its not that the rest of the game isn't gorgeous but the raths are such iconic monsters that I'm so familiar with that finally seeing them in AAA quality was kind of surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Well...I struggled with Pukei-Pukei and a Barroth.....so I can't wait to get my ass kicked with what is probably considered real monsters....I suck so bad at this game.....I just need to be more patient....I usually try and gung-ho it...but I killed both of them on the try where I was more patient and conservative with my attacks and trying to plan them.
    Eh, it's less about the monster themselves, and more about what rank they are in.

You could get something like a high rank Devilhjo in previous games and be fine, but then a G Rank one will kill your butt (Although I think G Rank was when you'd only encounter Savage Devilhjos).

Although Brachs are usually far faster than most people expect them to be, so it's a lot of dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Fighting the rath's was the first time in this game that I was really taken aback by the graphics.

Its not that the rest of the game isn't gorgeous but the raths are such iconic monsters that I'm so familiar with that finally seeing them in AAA quality was kind of surreal.
    I will say, despite some of my gripes, seeing a Rathian for the first time in this game really made me appreciate it more. How much larger/visual the monsters can be to be intimidating.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2018-01-31 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Eh, it's less about the monster themselves, and more about what rank they are in.

You could get something like a high rank Devilhjo in previous games and be fine, but then a G Rank one will kill your butt (Although I think G Rank was when you'd only encounter Savage Devilhjos).

Although Brachs are usually far faster than most people expect them to be, so it's a lot of dodging.
    The biggest issue I had was breaking the habit of button mashing and actually timing my combos....paying attention to incoming attacks and evading as best I could as well as run away to heal/sharpen weapon. I'm starting to get better...but terrified and excited of whats to come if I'm struggling this early in the game. Although I haven't forged any armor yet. I do like the Pukei-Pukei armor.....may farm that for a few rounds to get what I need to complete the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post

Ya real early on in the first area one landed right in front of me and I just went nope and ran away lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The biggest issue I had was breaking the habit of button mashing and actually timing my combos....paying attention to incoming attacks and evading as best I could as well as run away to heal/sharpen weapon. I'm starting to get better...but terrified and excited of whats to come if I'm struggling this early in the game. Although I haven't forged any armor yet. I do like the Pukei-Pukei armor.....may farm that for a few rounds to get what I need to complete the set.
    Keep in mind stats on armor matter (The resist stats), I learned this the hard way lol. So if you are about to fight something that does fire attacks than I don't recommend armor that makes your fire resist lower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind stats on armor matter (The resist stats), I learned this the hard way lol. So if you are about to fight something that does fire attacks than I don't recommend armor that makes your fire resist lower.
    Do many monsters use water attacks? I'm rocking the Kadachi armor and haven't had any problems as of yet up to beating my first Paolumu. Officially my second fave monster after Tobi. About to head to the Rotten Vale I think.

Its fun to see newbies compare the monsters to dark souls bosses when by G rank in monhun WE are the dark souls boss

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Its fun to see newbies compare the monsters to dark souls bosses when by G rank in monhun WE are the dark souls boss
    Immediately made me think of:
    https://youtu.be/jjgNHc_ft9E

Deleted
    Oh... I thought you knew about that. Otherwise I would've told you lol. Yeah I mean it does kinda suck that some of the community has been lost but it's also very easy to pick up and play with other people at any time.

I think the online features need more work certainly, but I think they're headed in the right direction.
    Thought u knew about the SOS, Happy u can enjoy it now.

I mite later just do some SOS stuff for the night and build up mats, Going to take a small break from the story.
    I knew about the S.O.S but somehow my mind didnt associate it with finding groups.
    In my mind it was a tool to be a "good person" and help noobs. lol

Then suddenly today i was like:
    "Wait a minute...i think S.O.S has a search filter...i could use this tool to make groups non stop"

It all makes sense now.

I've already made several reddit posts telling people this because a lot of people were frustrated with the online (like i was)
    I hope it helped a couple of people at least
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterHunt...andom_players/
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2018-01-31 at 03:07 AM.