Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Not a bad scheme at all, keeping these versions separated. It definitely boosted some sales. Can't help but to be eager to see how many will then purchase a shiny PC version (for, what I'll assume, improved performance and visuals).

Sad - and stubborn at the same time - to stay out of this first wave, since I do not own a PS4 and refuse to purchase one just to play some (granted, great) exclusives and scummy deals like MH and, speculatively, RDR 2.
    I'm probably not buying the PC version right away (unless its going to be farther out than anticipated) cause of wow and MHGU, but for me what makes me want the PC version the most is just convenience. I don't know how people stand playing on consoles with how incredibly inconvenient they are vs PC's. The graphics and performance haven't been an issue for me.

I was heavily debating buying the ps4 because justifying the console purchase was difficult, especially when I knew it'd be coming to PC eventually so its not like I'd never play it otherwise. I ended up going through with it because I was just running out of content in WoW and had nothing else going on + I'd get to finally try a bunch of exclusives I always wanted to play. I honestly started typing this more on the fence about the purchase but as I typed this I realized I'm more happy I went through with it than not. I'm really glad I got to play some of these exclusives, like horizon was a lot of fun, god of war is fantastic and I can't wait to see what comes of that franchise. Some others weren't all that I was hoping, or I just haven't gotten around to yet. But overall I'm glad I went through with it.

I'll be buying a switch because of MHGU as well, will definitely be picking up some other titles because of it and will see what comes of future titles.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Hope the release is near and kinda far because i still need to buy a new grapihcs card
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

https://wccftech.com/monster-hunter-...ts-leaked/amp/

MHW PC coming to China using Tencent's Wegame store.

Minimum and Recommended specs also leaked.

Minimum:

Recommended:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://wccftech.com/monster-hunter-...ts-leaked/amp/

MHW PC coming to China using Tencent's Wegame store.

Minimum and Recommended specs also leaked.

Minimum:

Recommended:
    Ill be good then, have a 3570k at 3.8 just gotta get an ssd and a graphics card

- - - Updated - - -

Its confirmed, its officially dropping august 9th next month, cant wait.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcg...ease-date-set/
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

10+ Year Old Account
    WIll there be substantial new content tho?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    WIll there be substantial new content tho?
    The stuff the console has will be coming as a free update later on and capcom also said that the pc version will have the same graphics as consoles and that they are maybe considering upon releasing a future update to update the graphics for pc

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.pcgamer.com/monster-hunt...sole-versions/

- - - Updated - - -

But i also found this too so idk

It releases on 9th August, this will be the very first time I won't be there for WoW launch. Never thought that would happen, but it will. I have waited too long for a MH on PC. GL&HF everyone, I will be hunting.

Btw, the recommended/Minimum specs are for 30 (!) FPS. So expect the "real" specs to be much higher if you wanna play on highest on 60+. Only got a 1070, scared it might not be enough.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2018-07-09 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Capcom is well past the window of time to get my money. I was expecting something to play in the lull between Summer starting and BfA/Destiny 2 Forsaken, but they pushed this well past the limit I was willing to wait.

I love Monster Hunter, but the timeframe for them to not even give us a release date let alone the actual game on PC is absurd. That’s really too bad...

Do you really love it when you can't wait?

Man i've seen some fucking stupid replies to the announcement. Ranging from "too late" to "full price when it took this long?!?". Like holy shit a developer puts out a product, doesnt rush it and expects the standard price for it. What a scandal.

10+ Year Old Account
    So to my knowledge

there will be no new substantial content.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man i've seen some fucking stupid replies to the announcement. Ranging from "too late" to "full price when it took this long?!?". Like holy shit a developer puts out a product, doesnt rush it and expects the standard price for it. What a scandal.
    January to August? That’s a fucking ridiculous window to wait for a PC version of the same game. The hardware argument is also total bullshit nowadays. Consoles are weak-ass AMD PCs, the hardware has never been easier to port a game to PC. As far as price goes, I agree with you though, a full game is a full game, you should pay full price. The issue is the timeframe of release and the length of time with not even an update as to wtf they’re doing with that PC release and what the hold up was.

I’ll use Destiny 2 as an example since it’s fairly recent, the PC release took no more than 2 months. Almost 8 is insane.
    Last edited by xxcloud417xx; 2018-07-09 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So to my knowledge

there will be no new substantial content.
    Probably right, but I think when the PC Version releases, they may also release Behemoth soon after.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Do you really love it when you can't wait?
    I did wait, been waiting since January. I love other games too, gonna go play them if Capcom can’t get their shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    January to August? That’s a fucking ridiculous window to wait for a PC version of the same game. The hardware argument is also total bullshit nowadays. Consoles are weak-ass AMD PCs, the hardware has never been easier to port a game to PC. As far as price goes, I agree with you though, a full game is a full game, you should pay full price. The issue is the timeframe of release and the length of time with not even an update as to wtf they’re doing with that PC release and what the hold up was.

I’ll use Destiny 2 as an example since it’s fairly recent, the PC release took no more than 2 months. Almost 8 is insane.
    First off do you just want a Copy/Paste port or do you actually want the developers to you know, Make sure the game works correctly?

Second: Destiny 2 is a poor ass example seeing how it lacked basic features and its "beta" had a graphic setting that was so bugged even the most powerful PC's couldn't use it and they just removed it in the live release. Destiny is a bad example to use for anything. Edit: Oh ya there was also a memory leak at the release of Destiny 2, Such awesome developers they was...

Third: This is the first time this group (the ones who work on MH games) has ported a game over to PC. If you want it done correctly it takes time.

Finally: Even tho PS4/XB1 use x86 developing for a console and for PC is vastly different, Don't be a arm chair developer unless you actually understand basic development. They have been quite open about how this is the first game they have done for PC and want to get it right.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-07-09 at 06:35 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    First off do you just want a Copy/Paste port or do you actually want the developers to you know, Make sure the game works correctly?

Second: Destiny 2 is a poor ass example seeing how it lacked basic features and its "beta" had a graphic setting that was so bugged even the most powerful PC's couldn't use it and they just removed it in the live release. Destiny is a bad example to use for anything. Edit: Oh ya there was also a memory leak at the release of Destiny 2, Such awesome developers they was...

Third: This is the first time this group (the ones who work on MH games) has ported a game over to PC. If you want it done correctly it takes time.

Finally: Even tho PS4/XB1 use x86 developing for a console and for PC is vastly different, Don't be a arm chair developer unless you actually understand basic development. They have been quite open about how this is the first game they have done for PC and want to get it right.
    First, no I don’t want a copy/paste of this particular game since it was plagued with performance issues even on console. Maybe Capcom needed to get more development time altogether for ALL versions. Either way, if the game works, then idc if it’s a copy. It’s Monster Hunter, not fucking Crysis, it’s ain’t designed to look that good.

Second, Destiny 2 is a fine example and your reasoning is ridiculous as to why it isn’t. Game works fine, worked fine on Beta for a lot of people. You’re actually using an example of them removing something that was broken on beta before launch to support the claims of what exactly? You mean to tell me that during testing they found an issue and fixed it before their product launched? Incredible!

Third, idgaf if this is your first time doing it. Either don’t do it then or get a 3rd party to help. Square/Eidos used Nixxes to port Deus Ex: Human Revolution and a few other titles and they were phenomenally executed. No one wants to sit around and wait for you to do something you’re clearly bad at. Not to mention they probably spent some of the PC dev time fixing the shitty performance in their console version it never should have released with in the first place.

Finally, I never said development wasn’t different on console vs PC. I did say it’s never been easier than now and I stand by that. Still doesn’t account for 8 months when other devs can do it in 2 or less.

Overall it’s an unreasonable delay with little to no updates as to why. I’m allowed to criticize them about that. Idk why people feel compelled to defend them. They fucked up. I’m not asking for a boycott or go on a Witch-Hunt against the Devs, I’m criticizing them for a fuck-up and they deserve that criticism. Game will probably be good, but it’s a rocky release already based on their less-than-stellar time and productivity management on this version and as a strictly-PC gamer that’s not going to go unnoticed by me.
    Last edited by xxcloud417xx; 2018-07-09 at 06:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets stop there and not argue before a mod comes in and you guys get an infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who are excited for the release, when the time comes, please feel free to @ me if you have any questions. Been playing for months, and still playing and likely will be in months to come.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

I probably won't buy it right away on PC since I have a plethora of games to get, but I may consider buying it during the autumn/winter sales if it goes on sale during either...I know i'll be a few months behind and that's fine..im already years behind on my backlog(like I just finished Metro 2033...and prob bought it about 4 years ago...maybe longer) and same with spec ops the line, im playing that now...bought it in 2013....This is the first time im not getting a wow expansion at launch(and RL dependent possibly ever). So I'll have more time to focus on my backlog before all the games come out this year and early next year.

Kind of love and hate the fact that they are releasing it earlier than expected....love the fact that it's early and not in the middle of the season of game releases...hate the fact it took this long...but it's good enough to spend money on and spend time in if you're interested in the type of game it is.