Yeah I'm at that point where I gotta go figure out how to specifically unlock things.

I've just been using absolute readiness, never have to sharpen, never go down a sharpness level, stick to mobs like glue using it as a gap closer. Shits beautiful.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    For me Wolfs maw is my favorite HA the look and the actual effect of the skill are just awesome.
    I agree!

And then you realize to upgrade it you have to kill a Deviljo for rank II, and a Savage Deviljo for rank III ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah I'm at that point where I gotta go figure out how to specifically unlock things.

I've just been using absolute readiness, never have to sharpen, never go down a sharpness level, stick to mobs like glue using it as a gap closer. Shits beautiful.
    I just stuck with triple arrow 2 because it fires across the entire zone, can be aimed in X aiming mode and its deeply satisfying to see a flying monster take off, aim above it, hit triple shot and get a "QUEST COMPLETE" and like 5 seconds later a big dead monster hits the ground.

I just recently swapped from triple shot to the haste shot (which is only level 1 vs the level 2 triple shot I have). Its super helpful with Teostra (which I'm farming for the nonexistent Fire Dragon Claw+) who likes to constantly run at your face for a bit before doing an actual attack to get me an opening to put some arrows in his face.

I did just get several 6* Advanced quests that were about 3 - 5 monsters in a row. Did one killed the Rathlos, killed the Yian Garuga, and the Tigrex got me with two monsters to go after him. They hit bloody hard even with rare 6 gunner's gear (I'm using a mostly Seregios set with a few Kecha pieces). That said, I'm probably looking to upgrade into something that has focus on it soonish. Was thinking of doing something with the seltas set though.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

I finally got around to HR break, and immediately went to 62 lul.

Kinda bummed hyper pickle is DLC that who knows when we'll get. Could make some neat sets with the esurient R stuff. I'll probably be too deep in legion to really be putting any time into MH by the time it comes out.

Yeah I was 37 when I finally broke the limit thing, but now I'm starting to clear out all the LR hub quests because w/ HR gear they go down pretty quickly. The HR Hub quests that aren't your low tier large monsters are going to be interesting though, if not tedious.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth

Yeah I figured I'd progress through the actual gearing process and all that and craft / upgrade everything I wanted to and then I'd go back and clear all the quests solo that didn't get done along the way. Lots of those multi-mob quests for instance that would be pointless to find a group for online.

Though some of those gathering and slaying quests will be ugh...

I've been doing everything as I go along before raising rank. The killing 50 bugs quests are horrible, and the gathering ones are tedious just by sheer number. I'll probably finish clearing all the HR5 quests today and the HR6 urgent. I expect to skyrocket up when my HR is unlocked.

Luckily this go round since I've been maining bow those "kill 50 bugs because we hate you" quests aren't as bad because I can shoot them down rather than wait for them to come into striking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    Luckily this go round since I've been maining bow those "kill 50 bugs because we hate you" quests aren't as bad because I can shoot them down rather than wait for them to come into striking distance.
    I had to do it with sns or cb

The reach on the cb I thought would help, but the swing is so slow they always dodged.

Finally getting some decent sets together, kinda bummed what pieces end up being commonly used. The belts like vaik faulds or ceanataur tassets are just hideous and commonly needed. Same with the ceanataur chest / helm, not the kind of looks I typically like going for. 4u's common pieces were definitely cooler QQ

Ahwel, maybe I'll get some fancy charms in the future that let me use different pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    and at least they are an easy way to get the Bnahabra battle meido/butler set.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kantalope View Post
    I had to do it with sns or cb

The reach on the cb I thought would help, but the swing is so slow they always dodged.
    Heres a tip. Stand still with your back to them. Their ai instantly sends them to sneak up behind you for a paralysing sting, turn and swing or drop a poison bomb by pressing Y without pressing the circle pad in any direction to drop it at your feet.

Its one of those little ai things you notice after enough games just like "Using a potion even in multiplayer instantly pushes the large monster to turn and try and attack you for a cart.

- - - Updated - - -

Just helped a newbie friend hunt his first Gypceros, i told him nothing because he said not too. Boy was his reacting to the play dead stuff hilarious when he got thrown off a cliff and out the zone when he was posing waiting for a quest complete as it got back up and thrashed about

I need this cloth you can only get from a rare meownster hunter mission and I shit you not I've cycled the quests over 30 times and it hasn't once made the zone I need rare.

Fuck my life.

If it makes you feel better I've come to the realization that I'm simply not able to aim for the teeny tiny openings in Kushla Daora's wind when it comes to play bow so I'm literally hunting Chameleos and soon Dreadqueen rathian to make a dual blade set specifically aimed at countering this dick head. I feel like I'm part of my own training montage.

Fighting kush with DB's is awful xD

I had to swap to aerial and just attempt to spam aerial attacks to be able to even do anything to it because it spends all day flying and you have an ass of a time trying to hit it.

Anyway after waaayyyy too many hours cycling finally got the quest once and it gave me enough to make the decorations I needed. I'm way too happy with how good my lightning mixed set looks while also having awesome skills.
    Last edited by Baconeggcheese; 2016-08-12 at 02:45 AM.

Well i have been sticking with clearing single player before moving into online HR stuff and i am down to what i am told is the final quest which is a 6* 'the fated four' arena hunt of all 4 new flagship monsters in one hunt and a request left that involves breaking a Gammoths trunk twice in one hunt for a Trunkspine. Which is gonna be Brach Hammers all over again i expect.

Overall its been 70+ hours for just the single player which isn't bad if this is the end, but with 40+ of those 160ish single player quests being item farming it feels like the single player more than ever is just getting you ready for online which is kind of a step back from MH4U. But then it is a spin off.

Still i am surprised Kirin gave me more trouble than Shagaru Magala or Seregios by far.

There's more village quests but they're locked behind online quests. Bunch of advanced ones, dunno if you already unlocked all that though (I don't think you can until HR but I don't recall).

For instance there's a regular all 4 fated four quest, and an advanced one which makes you have to fight multiple of them at the same time.

Kirin may not be the most threatening looking or most powerful monster, but the fact its smaller than even a Great Jaggi or Velocidrome makes it a complete pain to hit when its throwing lightning around and charging as frequently as it does.

As for advanced quests, sadly it takes a good amount of online play to start opening them up. That said, its nice to have HR options offline that aren't meat tanks when you're not in a group. I'm looking forward to retrying the 5 monster arena quests that I've got sitting there along with the one with only three monsters (one of which is pickle).

To note as well, even Dreadqueen Rathian on a level two hunt is a freaking tank. Maxed out Teostra bow and still took me nearly half an hour (the Velocidrome only took about a minute to kill since it was still LR). I should probably just group up to do deviants rather than try and solo them for efficiency's sake lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    There's more village quests but they're locked behind online quests. Bunch of advanced ones, dunno if you already unlocked all that though (I don't think you can until HR but I don't recall).

For instance there's a regular all 4 fated four quest, and an advanced one which makes you have to fight multiple of them at the same time.
    Yeah i looked into it and there are High Rank quests listed as [Advanced] and quite a lot, but they each require a certain HR in online and certain quests and requests being completed and they unlock one at a time not in a whole new tier all at once.
    Considering the only request i have left is that annoying trunkspine one i'm just soloing the HR1 stuff super fast to get into the good online fights.

-which seriously after village 6* is a total joke, after the fated four hunt you unlock a bunch of new weapons and the Mizutsune bow with a +10 Blast medallion i got are making mincemeat of them. The 'prey large raptors are lasting about 40 seconds a fight, and the others not much longer. When you get to know all the little tricks Adept style does to change bow e.g pressing A while holding R shoots a level 2 charge shots with no stamina used "Bushibow style" is pretty overpowered but a lot of fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the common way to do it is to mix in a little of both. Burn through to village 3 star, when switch it up and maybe clear HR1. Go back and get to village 5, etc etc rinse and repeat, that way you're not going back in completely outleveled gear having to grit your teeth through a bunch of smackfest low rank stuff.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.