Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I like this topic.
    A breath of fresh air after all the cry about feral / ret / disc / dk / hunter.

Gj Op.
    When everyone is op.. nobody is op..

Nerf rogues? wtf, dk's ferals and rets are more op then rogues. I do agree that they need to do something about the combat kidney though.

funny cause rogues and warlocks are like bottom of pve meters, i cant believe anyone has problems with them outside of 3s anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bitethe View Post
    funny cause rogues and warlocks are like bottom of pve meters, i cant believe anyone has problems with them outside of 3s anyway lol
    You literally just said that you can't believe anyone has a problem with them in the only setting that matters. That's kind of the whole point, Rogues and Locks are strong in 3s right now, which is the only part of PvP that matters from a balance standpoint.

A couple small changes could fix Rogues, Locks just need their pet to not silence through walls and I'd be happy.

Deleted
    First time Ive heared anyone complain about warlocks in pvp since WoD launched :P

Honestly, what's so strong about them?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitethe View Post
    This is pvp not pve and who cares about anything that is not 3s?

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    First time Ive heared anyone complain about warlocks in pvp since WoD launched :P

Honestly, what's so strong about them?
    I guess you don't look at the ladders too frequently.

Deleted
    I'm not even sure cutting the 8 second kidney would save you from the guile > nightstalker > killing spree combo whilst you're full of dots.

The whole premise of combat rogue is ridiculous. Do piss poor damage for 70% of the game to throw your opponent off and then just kill them in 5-8 seconds all the sudden. Combat rogues are a time bomb.

Did I misread the post about Aff+Rouge as in 2v2 so OP is stating the comp is OP or the Aff as a build is OP? Also Rouge as a class so all 3 specs or ??

I play Aff and the build is tough as nails, granted after portal is used the count down to death starts but still its a build with multiple HP bars -like every top PvP spec. Aff played right (so SB:Haunt always up) man stuff melts real quick while most healer builds can handle cleave the ones that can't really struggle.

I predict Aff being on the team that plays in the finals next year...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    make Killing Spree CCable the way Dance and every other major CD in the game is
    A bladestorming warrior is havin' a giggle right now

Deleted
    never hahaahha

Quote Originally Posted by Vimmix View Post
    A bladestorming warrior is havin' a giggle right now
    Oh right, I forgot about bladestorm because I just walk out of it every time someone uses it, silly me.

Deleted
    Oh right, I forgot about bladestorm because I just walk out of it every time someone uses it, silly me.
    Not every class has a sprint or a blink to 'run' away from this. Also, have fun walking away when you're slowed which sometimes happens in arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Vimmix View Post
    Not every class has a sprint or a blink to 'run' away from this. Also, have fun walking away when you're slowed which sometimes happens in arena.
    Lets see.

Rogues can BoS, Mages can Blink, Druids can Displacer, Warriors can Leap, Hunters can Disengage, Monks can Roll, Warlocks can port. So that leaves Shamans who can Ghost Wolf. Paladins who can Freedom/Sprint if they're Holy or they just have passive increased movespeed if they're Ret. DKs who are kind of designed to soak up damage. And Priests who can drop a Feather and sprint away.

So the only 2 classes that can't get away if slowed are DKs, Priests. All the others have either an escape or a freedom/sprint that lines up with Bladestorm CD. So yeah, please tell me again how you sit on people with Bladestorm at high ratings in arenas without your partners help. Oh right, you don't.

Deleted
    Lets see.

Rogues can BoS, Mages can Blink, Druids can Displacer, Warriors can Leap, Hunters can Disengage, Monks can Roll, Warlocks can port. So that leaves Shamans who can Ghost Wolf. Paladins who can Freedom/Sprint if they're Holy or they just have passive increased movespeed if they're Ret. DKs who are kind of designed to soak up damage. And Priests who can drop a Feather and sprint away.

So the only 2 classes that can't get away if slowed are DKs, Priests. All the others have either an escape or a freedom/sprint that lines up with Bladestorm CD. So yeah, please tell me again how you sit on people with Bladestorm at high ratings in arenas without your partners help. Oh right, you don't.
    When slowed the sprint of ret passive, shaman wolf, priest feather is as fast as normal running or still slower.

If you can juke a lot in PvP, Aff is probably the strongest thing ever. But that is good since it still is harder to pull out damage as affliction than for example Frost Dk and Rets doing damage

As a rogue if your enemy has no trinket and 250k hps, Red guilde, night stalker, reflection in a 12 second kidney under a bomb is death. It's balanced only because everyone else is also retarded. Nerf the kidney wont effect much as the burst will still kill you.(you will just eat some other form of cc until its over) The only idea I have is to buff combats dps via Sinister Strike and reduce the amount of dmg you do from guile. This if done right could help them on a pve front too if buffed enough. The only trouble is they will just replace the rogue with a ret pally. So it's going to take a major pvp overhaul. Prob wont happen anytime soon.

Ret paladins must be the next target... their burst are insane in pvp and they can heal and have Divine Shield, lay on hands, hand of freedon, stuns, etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Nerf rogues? wtf, dk's ferals and rets are more op then rogues. I do agree that they need to do something about the combat kidney though.
    this is the truth, they are really op atm.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    The whole premise of combat rogue is ridiculous. Do piss poor damage for 70% of the game to throw your opponent off and then just kill them in 5-8 seconds all the sudden. Combat rogues are a time bomb.
    Welcome to cooldown/ramp up classes. Kinda like ferals, 2 rogue specs, rets etc etc. If you're a dps I'm guessing you must be a dk/hunter. The most popular classes that do great damage for 100% of the game.

Here's a weakness that those cooldown classes have that you don't. CC. CC a DK and you just prolong his obliterates by a few seconds. CC a rogue during yellow buff so it falls off and that's 90% of the game he's running around doing piss poor damage, 100% if you cc him during yellow the whole time.

There's a reason combat rogues are falling down the ladders, good PvP players have learned how to counter them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragaflask View Post
    I swear in good hand they are to op. They need to be toned down some i think. Just imo of course.
    "in good hands they are op" is not a qualification for a class being nerfed.

When they are good in the hands of people who have never played the class before (ie ret paladins spamming 1,2,3,4) thats when you need to look reducing some numbers.

People get rocked in a BG a few times by talented players on a class and it needs nerfed... so sad, Affliction Locks are annoying and a bugger and a half to kill but are NOT OP, my frost DK is OP alongside of Ret Pallies, the Feral Druid / Rogue gripes are what really tickles me pink, for two reasons...

1. I can't tell you the amount of times either class jumped me in combat and on either my Enh Shaman or DK I turned around and shredded them... UNLESS... they were skilled with their class aka Feral dotted and kited/healed when I Popped CDS, as for Rogue they rely heavily on CDS if their CDS are up and they blow EVERY SINGLE ONE, sorry your out of luck unless you have CDS to pop, and if you do and choose not to take the loss with a grain of salt, a skilled rogue will beat you a bad rogue or even mediocre rogue never will

2. (repeat first) In less words if they are good with the class and you are "OK" as in you dont manage your CDS and resource pool whatever that may be hop off the nerf-this wagon and learn to play forums like this are a great place to find answers to why your getting mutilated... play with the dummy learn to max your dps and use your head when popping CDS and ABOVE ALL know the skills of EACH AND EVERY CLASS so you know what your up against on an opponent to opponent basis...