Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Ranged class... escapes/survivability?

Just wondeing, which class has the best escapes and/or survivability PvP-wise in WoD? Mainly thinking BGs...

I'm guesssing it's Hunters or Mage, right?

Hunters and boomkins.

Mages suck balls.

Deleted
    Hadn't considered boomkins...

Frost mages specifically can kite pretty well, since their mirror images cast frostbolts that snare and stack and last 40 seconds. (Not even a feral whos spamming morph to clear snares can escape them). They also have 4 charges of area root (pet freeze + 3 charges of Ice Ward). 2 charges of ice block 10 sec immunity (each heals 40% when glyphed) and cold snap for another 20% heal. Also if you use Icy Nova defensively, it creates sufficient distance gaps to get out of melee range. 15 second get out of stun for free blink is worth mentioning as well.
    Last edited by Romeo83x; 2015-01-01 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mages have great escape mechanics though. Blink + Blazing Speed = miles away. Ice Block also helps with that, especially if you're an engineer.

But yeah, hunters without a doubt have the best escape mechanics. SV at least does. Slow trap + root, explosive trap and disengage that clears roots/snares as well as giving a sprint for 8 seconds is huge.

And two charges of deterrence as well, so once they disengage and start sprinting, they cant be touched.

If you want to have fun in BGs, play a hunter. You can go survival for dumpstering melees and trap spam, or you can go MM for absolutely crushing the damage meters. In random BGs, as a hunter you can go MM lone wolf and sit back without people noticing amidst the chaos and absolutely wreck the enemy team.

Quote Originally Posted by germonik View Post
    If you want to have fun in BGs, play a hunter. You can go survival for dumpstering melees and trap spam, or you can go MM for absolutely crushing the damage meters. In random BGs, as a hunter you can go MM lone wolf and sit back without people noticing amidst the chaos and absolutely wreck the enemy team.
    Until some one realizes you are a hunter without a pet and proceeds to smash your face in...NEVER play without a pet in PvP...

Hunter is the best solo ranged class in the game today because of how OP melee are..

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies.... I do finder hunters rather annoying in BGs and I do like being annoying.... Think I'll try it out

For escapes, hunter HANDS down, that's their trademark.

Survivability, honestly, deterrence is good, but force is quick and all they have are their escapes. So in the nutshell, hunters survivability is there escapes.

But with the OP melee train in full swing right now, yeah hunters are your best bet for this.

As a shadow priest I hardly ever die in bgs. With constant feathers, a 30 second vanish, glyphed mindblast, and glyphed leap of faith it's pretty easy to get away from things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huntard. When I play it, no melee can touch me (even retardins).

Quote Originally Posted by pizzapies View Post
    As a shadow priest I hardly ever die in bgs. With constant feathers, a 30 second vanish, glyphed mindblast, and glyphed leap of faith it's pretty easy to get away from things.
    rogue, retardin, feral, warrior glhf
    Last edited by Illiterate; 2015-01-02 at 04:35 PM.

Hunters are BG gods and have been for quite some time.

1. Glyphed stealth.
    2. Caster... but not a caster, because you can't be interrupted or disarmed.
    3. Amazing escapes.
    4. Ability to scumbag maps like EotS and AB with glyphed explosive trap.
    5. Amazing solo-friendly CC (traps, binding shot).
    6. Interrupt.
    7. Moderate-to-strong damage (depending on spec).

Deleted
    Hunter > Mage > rest. I love playing MM in bgs, god, i kill people so fast and i rarely die, usually i end up top dmg/kills.

Quote Originally Posted by alexvladv View Post
    Hunter > Mage > rest. I love playing MM in bgs, god, i kill people so fast and i rarely die, usually i end up top dmg/kills.
    Mage? Mages suck. Hunter, feral, ret, rogue > mage. Boomkin beats mage too but those aren't too many.

Wanna talk arena? Mage is the focus target. Always. Doesn't even matter what he plays with. Why? Because they're so squishy and lacking ways to get away, that they go down like a sack of potatoes once iceblock is on cd.
    Mage/lock in arena? Train the mage because the lock may be an immobile turret but he sure as hell can take a punch, unlike the fucking mage. Hell if you can dispel his ice barrier, it's even better.

Mage 2nd best ranged class?! Are you fucking kidding me?!

Mage my ass.
    Last edited by Keyboard Champion; 2015-01-02 at 08:22 PM.

There's Hunters and than there's everyone else in this game right now. Hunters sit in a tree and shit on everyone's heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    There's Hunters and than there's everyone else in this game right now. Hunters sit in a tree and shit on everyone's heads.
    Nah, that would be feral druids. They literally counter everything right now, it's fucking stupid how they have an answer to everything, only thing they don't have is an offensive dispel.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Until some one realizes you are a hunter without a pet and proceeds to smash your face in...NEVER play without a pet in PvP...

Hunter is the best solo ranged class in the game today because of how OP melee are..
    Who cares if you gets your face smashed in once every so often? In BGs escaping is ridiculously easy as a hunter. I'm not advocating playing without a pet in arena obv, but in BGs as a hunter, going Lone Wolf MM is totally viable, especially if you are not defending and are going around with the group as small scale encounters where the lack of a pet is less likely to be noticed. 30% damage boost with kill shot in BGs is absolutely insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboard Champion View Post
    Mage? Mages suck. Hunter, feral, ret, rogue > mage. Boomkin beats mage too but those aren't too many.

Wanna talk arena? Mage is the focus target. Always. Doesn't even matter what he plays with. Why? Because they're so squishy and lacking ways to get away, that they go down like a sack of potatoes once iceblock is on cd.
    Mage/lock in arena? Train the mage because the lock may be an immobile turret but he sure as hell can take a punch, unlike the fucking mage. Hell if you can dispel his ice barrier, it's even better.

Mage 2nd best ranged class?! Are you fucking kidding me?!

Mage my ass.
    Not sure if you saw the part where the OP specified he was talking about BGs..

Quote Originally Posted by germonik View Post
    Who cares if you gets your face smashed in once every so often? In BGs escaping is ridiculously easy as a hunter. I'm not advocating playing without a pet in arena obv, but in BGs as a hunter, going Lone Wolf MM is totally viable, especially if you are not defending and are going around with the group as small scale encounters where the lack of a pet is less likely to be noticed. 30% damage boost with kill shot in BGs is absolutely insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Not sure if you saw the part where the OP specified he was talking about BGs..
    What, in bgs if you stick to the zerg any ranged class works, even elemental shaman. But eventually you're going to run into 1v1 whether you like it or not and you'll see mage is quite crappy. Also you still need to do 2s for cap as you can't get the good gear from just bgs and Ashran takes at least a day if you want to fully cap in there and it's quite soul wrenching to do Assran for a whole day.

Deleted
    on my moonkin i make it very hard for melee to reach me.