Deleted

Scoreboard fudged up?

Some time ago I bought Jaina, and when I play her I constantly have one issue: the scoreboard does not record the damage properly. It only occurs when playing her, and while not that much of an issue it most certainly is very annoying.

To go into a bit more detail: siege damage done does not register at all. I just finished a 25 minute match where I went for Blizzard build. I need to do about 5k(just an estimation, don't bite me) damage to clear a single minion wave late game and I cleared a lot of them - despite that the aggregate siege damage displayed on the scoreboard was 8k by the finish. It physically impossible for me to have done so little damage, that's literally two blizzards... and I am quite sure I cast more than two on the minions over the course of the match.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

Deleted
    do attacks vs minions count as siege damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    do attacks vs minions count as siege damage?
    I'm not 100 % on this but usually it should, yes. Basically all non hero damage you do would be siege damage afaik.
    I'm very low on numbers with Jaina too, although I always thought it was because she has so low autoattack and only uses her combos against heroes most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought I just sucked on Jaina. Huh.. go figure.

15+ Year Old Account
    There are two possibilities that got thrown around:

1) It's not recording Blizzard damage. At ALL

2) It's not recording crit damage from Freeze combos.

It's one of the two.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    I'm honestly relieved. The options were 1)I suck at this game even more than I thought and 2)The scoreboard is broken; and am I glad it is #2...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    There are two possibilities that got thrown around:

1) It's not recording Blizzard damage. At ALL

2) It's not recording crit damage from Freeze combos.

It's one of the two.
    If I had to pick, #1 seems more likely. From my experience the disparity between damage done and damage displayed is much smaller against heroes(or less noticeable at least) and that aligns with skill usage - I clear minion waves almost solely with Blizzards while when it's teamfighting Blizzard ends up more as a zoning tool while frostbolts do the damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    On the topic of Jaina, though...how are people building her?

I'm finding myself leaning toward a mix of the range-increasing and defensive talents lately because it seems like you die to a sneeze from the opposing team and don't have any way of dealing with it outside of possibly the level 13 talents.

And don't even get me started on how it feels when there's a Nova or Zeratul on the other team. :|
    Gotta have all the range. Blizzard radius+range, frostbolt range, extra blizzard wave, extra Frostbite damage bonus, water elly with upgrade.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, from playing her for probably 7-8 games tmy best guess was that Blizzard damage wasn't showing, which is a pretty huge deal for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still can't figure out a way to fight Zeratul. It's like "Look it's a Zera- ... oohh I'm dead"

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    You kinda can't. This is why I don't think Jaina is going to be very popular competitively, it's like playing Valla without Vault, or Nova without clones or stealth, or...well, you get it. If you can get into favorable team fights, she destroys people, but then you'd win if you could always get into favorable team fights anyway.
    I'd also add that without mobility and her fragile body it is extremely hard to set up frostbolts on targets that matter (Warriors can face tank them so they don't hit assassins), and any assassin with mobility abilities can easily get out of Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I still can't figure out a way to fight Zeratul. It's like "Look it's a Zera- ... oohh I'm dead"
    You don't straight-up 1v1 a Zeratul.

If he is jumping on a Jaina in teamfights, it's the tank's job to peel for her.

Jaina's groove is hanging out in the back and firing her shit off as fast as she can with Icy Veins and Water Ele up then getting the fuck out.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news: Jaina's Master Skin is easily the best one out there!