Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathos View Post
    Got it first try. Really happy I did, because holy shit is it horrible. Especially as melee. Like, great, there's a rank system. Too bad that only applies to ranged/healers, because all melees can do is dive into the enemy team, pop everything and do as much damage as they can before they die.
    Yup. Same thing as Assran.

have they fixed the ranking system yet? I kept losing ranks when i did it and enemy team didnt so we got facerolled later on in the match

This is the Deathmatch PvP BG that people want.

All deathmatch, no other objectives, and especially no PvE involved.

And what happened? The people agitating for this kind of BG were talking out of their ass.

Tarren Mill vs Southshore is still as terrible as the other 40 man BGs - but at least when you're road fighting, you're still doing objectives.

Still though, I did win as Horde, but we had to adopt a really specific strategy.

The strategy involved a lot of discipline and repeating ourselves as to what to do in TM vs SS.

Stay at the towers and don't go any farther than the tower. Use Death Grips and peel the targets. Keep an eye on your healers, watch out for stragglers/flankers and watch the score go in your favor.

The score for that winning BG was 140 - 60 I believe. It was a 40 Man BG that went exactly as I desired to, and best of all, it didn't make me want to gouge my eyes out of frustration that is so common with 40 man BGs.
    Last edited by taliey; 2015-01-04 at 01:14 AM.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    I thought it would be deathmatch similar to coliseum, you die and remain dead... last man standing makes the winning team.
    I dont see this as deathmatch, hardly even pvp with all NPCs running around. Remove NPCs and we could talk a little. But best would have been, die and stay dead.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taliey View Post
    Still though, I did win as Horde, but we had to adopt a really specific strategy.

The strategy involved a lot of discipline and repeating ourselves as to what to do in TM vs SS.

Stay at the towers and don't go any farther than the tower. Use Death Grips and peel the targets. Keep an eye on your healers, watch out for stragglers/flankers and watch the score go in your favor.
    In the one and only one I did, that's exactly what we did, circled up the wagons, peeled out targets, and basically ground the Horde down within sight but out of range of their guards. Forays out to get stragglers/skirmishers usually wound up being traps.

Deleted
    I won the third one I did. Imho the crucial part is getting the first 10-20 kills and taking the lead. At that point the "losing" team starts to stop playing, only rants in raidchat and people leave the game.

Destruction Warlocks are pretty powerful for this, got 50 killing blows

Deleted
    won my first one after all the Alliance just quit

Deleted
    Joined it 3 times
    First day it came out. We lost by a small margin after the time ran out (mind you, that was before it was limited to 30min). It was great fun, even as a warrior melee, however, no tactics.
    Second time I joined it opened up with 20 alliance and 10 horde and alliance kept pouring in. It ended up with 40v8 players and we just didn't rez anymore and waited for the 30min to pass by.
    Third time, I joined with a group. 4 healers and an owl. We won 160:70 and nearly lost in the last 2 min because some of the horde players who were worth points were getting cocky. In those two minutes the alliance trippled their points with just a hand full of kills. The fight started with an about 8 min confrontation and then a 20 minute wait were the alliance wanted the horde to run into their ambush. We just sat at home and knew time was working for us. Then they came but luckily having several healers with all large CDs ready can stop quite a force.