Poll: Which mount should I buy ?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wouldn't cold logic say the tiger would be the best choice if you consider you would be playing this for a couple more years. Since one of those mounts is slowly becoming unavailable while the other is slowly becoming more available

+ You could get the spectral tiger on the AH right away while finding the cloud serpent will also require time and the possible effort to server change your money to another BMAH
    Last edited by Papier Light; 2015-01-03 at 10:13 PM.

No contest for me, heavenly onyx cloud serpent is my favorite mount in the game

I understand the spectral tiger mount is a status symbol, but the serpent is more eye-catching and has a better model.

Deleted
    Spectral Tiger on British National Minimum Wage takes around 80 hours to get (less if you earn more).

Sha of Anger mount, if it takes 15 minutes with 1/2000 drop rate (which is higher than it actually is, I think) would take approx 500 hours.
    Granted, it might not take that long- but it could, given you always need more than 5 people due to mind-controlling (unless you outrange, which could make the fight veeeery long).
    It is in Pandaria after too.
    And it has a weekly lockout.

Whilst my maths is absolutely appalling (I am sorry, I have reasons), it's pretty clear that instead of waiting for it to drop you'd be better spending that time making gold to buy it from BMAH, and if you had to choose between the two, the Cloud Serpent would be the choice to make if you were concerned solely about rarity and difficulty to obtain. Heavenly Onyx is really a much more difficult mount to get.

Deleted
    Cloud serpent is overrated. I'd trade mine for a Spectral any day.

Deleted
    I never really liked the tiger so I would buy the serpent for sure.

Heavenly serpent, definitely. Spectral Tiger hasnt been swaggy for at least 2-3 years.

Deleted
    serpent!!!! tiger its ugly

10+ Year Old Account
    In a few years time the spectral tiger and all other TCG mounts will be gone forever and the few who are left will be super expensive. The Sha mount however will always stay in the game and will pop up on BMAH every now and then, meaning you can buy it later when you've earned the gold back. I paid 900k for Swift Spectral Tiger and I have absolutely no regrets.

Spectral. A player always has to put in some sort of investment for it (whether they spend several hundreds pounds or several hundred thousand gold).

Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent is tainted by the fact that people will look at you and think 'pfft lucker', and I've seen my fair share of "Arthasdkk the Patient - < rulers of drainor >" on them.

Based ENTIRELY on looks, I'd vote the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent though.

Quote Originally Posted by nukedtheinsane View Post
    Sha of Anger mount, if it takes 15 minutes with 1/2000 drop rate (which is higher than it actually is, I think)
    If it were possible, this comment would have given Ebola to anyone that reads it. The Sha of Anger mount doesn't have a 0.05% drop chance, I've never heard something so ridiculous in my life. The mount just 'didn't drop' (it was accidently not added to Sha's loot table) for almost 4 months. Not only does this mean all statistics of drop rates are massively skewed because it didn't drop for the first four months, but this was also the time it was killed the most as the content was relevant (skewing the drop chance even further). It's probably a 1% drop like most mounts.
    Last edited by Anzen; 2015-01-05 at 12:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    I paid 900k for Swift Spectral Tiger and I have absolutely no regrets.
    Even if I wanted to buy it, I would never spend that amount of gold on the Tiger. Just wait until another wave of duped Spectral Tigers pop up on the AH (!) and grab one for like 500k. Happened in the past and will happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Even if I wanted to buy it, I would never spend that amount of gold on the Tiger. Just wait until another wave of duped Spectral Tigers pop up on the AH (!) and grab one for like 500k. Happened in the past and will happen again.
    Bought mine for 675,000g on a moderately busy server. When were they last duped? I've not seen any noticeablely duped ones (price fluctuations of greater than ~20% negatively) for at least the duration of MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    It was before the dupes!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzen View Post
    Bought mine for 675,000g on a moderately busy server. When were they last duped? I've not seen any noticeablely duped ones (price fluctuations of greater than ~20% negatively) for at least the duration of MoP
    Pretty sure I have seen a bunch for like 570-600k about a year ago. Still not a bargain, but also not overly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    It was before the dupes!
    Possible, but now it definitely is not necessary anymore to spend such an amount of gold on it.

But then again, I would probably buy it on eBay and spend the gold on an ingame-exclusive mount anyway. There are a lot of offers for less than 300-400€ up, which seems resonable.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-01-05 at 01:12 PM.

Spectral tiger absolutely.

Both are a waste of money, do whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bizerk View Post
    Both are a waste of money, do whatever you want.
    Soooo #EDGY. Man if only we were all as alpha as you are, sadly us beta dudes just don't know what's up.

Why respond to threads with useful/constructive feedback when you can just reply with 'do what you want' and look like a fucking badass at the same time?

If the OP wanted to 'do what he wants' I doubt he would be making a thread on MMOC asking peoples opinions?

10+ Year Old Account
    I farmed the end of MoP for my gold to buy Swift Spectral Tiger. 550k (which is a bit more then normal.)

Since I have the tiger I would say the serpent. It IS the rarest mount in game. Not only does the drop rate suck, it was not dropping for months when it first came out which is when ppl actually needed the gear off Sha. Now with Pandaland so far away, you won't see many ppl killing it until it can be solo'd. Whenever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    I farmed the end of MoP for my gold to buy Swift Spectral Tiger. 550k (which is a bit more then normal.)

Since I have the tiger I would say the serpent. It IS the rarest mount in game. Not only does the drop rate suck, it was not dropping for months when it first came out which is when ppl actually needed the gear off Sha. Now with Pandaland so far away, you won't see many ppl killing it until it can be solo'd. Whenever that is.
    Unless they change it, it's impossible to solo. From testing (had to be done :P) Sha will always attempt to MC three targets and this includes the person that is currently highest on threat. Trying this with any less than 4 players will cause Sha to reset on the first MC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraven View Post
    It IS the rarest mount in game.
    The rarest mount still available, but not the rarest overall.

That said, according to worldofwargraphs, this is how many % of players have those mounts right now:

Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2015-01-05 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The rarest mount still available, but not the rarest overall.

That said, according to worldofwargraphs, this is how many % of players have those mounts right now:

Yeah, that is why I said the rarest mount in game. The Scarab Lord mount is prob rarest over all.