Thread: Is glad viable?

Deleted

Is glad viable?

This is mostly aimed at 3v3 but is glad viable or at least something that can become viable? Just dinged with my alt warr and really fancied trying out glad but looking at the ladders it does seem extremely weak with 0.26 representation 2.2k+ and 0 at 2.4k although ladder representation isn't always a true representation of a spec.

Normally I would just try it out and decide for myself but don't really want to drop the honor/conquest gear on a spec that seems completely unviable in 3v3.

That being said I don't mind playing a weak class as one thing I have learnt is that from patch to patch you never really know whats going to be viable but is glad something blizzard actually wants viable?

I guess that's my real question, I am happy to play glad even if it is weak, if it is something blizzard will eventually look at and wants viable but for all I know glad is something they don't want in 3s and will forever remain unviable in 3s.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the removal of Shield Slam dispel for Glad, they don't bring much to the table anymore than Arms and even Fury can do. The lack of Grievous Wounds, as well as the damage not being as bursty as Arms sets them back quite handily.

And there were probably specs that stayed unviable for an entire expansion either because it's a class that Blizzard doesn't want in PvP (i.e. tanks in MoP), or the class can't be balanced to PvE as well as PvP. Glad is still better off compared to the other terrible PvP specs, i.e. Ele Shaman and WW Monks.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    With the removal of Shield Slam dispel for Glad, they don't bring much to the table anymore than Arms and even Fury can do. The lack of Grievous Wounds, as well as the damage not being as bursty as Arms sets them back quite handily.

And there were probably specs that stayed unviable for an entire expansion either because it's a class that Blizzard doesn't want in PvP (i.e. tanks in MoP), or the class can't be balanced to PvE as well as PvP. Glad is still better off compared to the other terrible PvP specs, i.e. Ele Shaman and WW Monks.
    Yeah that's true, I just wish blizzard were more communicative in just saying "yes we know we need to bring this class up, we don't have plans to make this class good in pvp" things like that.

Not sure about WW but that being said ele shaman doesn't seem to bad at the moment, don't get me wrong they are not doing great but there are currently a small handful of eles in r1 spots and a few ok comps for them but glad just seems to become completely invalid at 2.2k+ and even though the ele buffs were not enough, at least eles can be safe in the knowledge that blizzard are looking into them. Glad got nerfed, disappeared from 3s and that seems to be the end of the story.

EU 3v3 top 5000 shows 4 prot warriors and 402 arms/fury warriors.

No, gladiator stance is not viable.