Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Salvage Yard question.

I currently have: Blacksmith, Jewelcrafting, Salvage yard for my three smalls. However I now have all the xmog gear from the SY and my guy is currently 672 ilvl? Should I just scrap the Salvage Yard for an Enchanter's Hut?

Quote Originally Posted by Leolis View Post
    I currently have: Blacksmith, Jewelcrafting, Salvage yard for my three smalls. However I now have all the xmog gear from the SY and my guy is currently 672 ilvl? Should I just scrap the Salvage Yard for an Enchanter's Hut?
    How well geared are your followers?

I do the profession buildings on alts mostly and stick to salvage and storehouse for convenience. I have a blacksmiths atm but would swap out in favour of a 3rd utility building if one existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

I have 10 followers at 655 ilvl

you want gear for you newly recruited orcslayer followers from the inn every week! and for that you need a salvage yard

Good point... i just want to drop it for that enchant hut... but I also wanna know when to drop it ya know? if ever.
    Last edited by Leolis; 2015-01-06 at 04:18 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Leolis View Post
    Good point... i just want to drop it for that enchant hut... but I also wanna know when to drop it ya know? if ever.
    I will never drop it, it gives good gold and also chance on good boe epics, and old rare ones you can sell on AH. Also, makes missions a bit more fun when you know you can get a crate =)

Aint BS building useless?
    Though scrap the SY, more gold for us that have it

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Enchanter hut is... kind of crap. There's nothing you can get from it that you can't get somewhere else (Friends, random people, etc)
    2) SY also provides lots of AH stuff that sells for good bit. As well as loot. I got 2 655 items this week (which is not technically normal, but still). I pull in anywhere from 2000-8000g a week from the SY from the old world loot alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BergErr View Post
    Aint BS building useless?
    I have BS on all of my alts to make 630 weapons and 640 gear that people eat up like candy. Probably one of the better money makers if you don't have anything else to put there.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I wouldn't say the enchanter hut is crap, depends on server economy but at least on mine it's more $$ to DE bop items into dust/shards than it is to vendor

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I have BS on all of my alts to make 630 weapons and 640 gear that people eat up like candy. Probably one of the better money makers if you don't have anything else to put there.
    But you only gain the 6-12 mats per day? So you gain one weapon/armor every 8-16 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    I wouldn't say the enchanter hut is crap, depends on server economy but at least on mine it's more $$ to DE bop items into dust/shards than it is to vendor
    Yes, but you can STILL do that with someone else's. I just borrow someone else's about once a week, or once I get about a bag full of crap. Now that I'm not leveling, it's pretty rare.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Eh, I mean I agree the work orders for the building are pretty meh when it comes to money making as well as the enchants evailable to the building but was just saying it's not 100% trash :P not everyone has friends willing to let them borrow their garrisons for a bit every once in awhile ;-;

Personally I would never give up salvage yard, imo it's the best building in the whole garrison you get lucky streaks like Chazus making mad bank and even when you get not so good luck greens still vendor/de for a ton along with all the really fancy transmogs that sell for a pretty penny. Like I got one of those astral light bows that at least used to go for min. 10-15k unfortunately I play on a big server and others had similar luck so price went down a fair bit.

Don't ever drop the Salvage Yard, ever. Drop something else.

EVER.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'd never drop a salvage yard. I've made over 100k from my 6-7 salvage yard 3s plus have given a couple BOE's to alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    I'd never drop a salvage yard. I've made over 100k from my 6-7 salvage yard 3s plus have given a couple BOE's to alts.
    How? How? and how? I still do not understand how people are making so much gold from Salvage yards. Most people say to either DE or sell the items on the Ah but nothing I have gotten so far has sold for more then what the item will sell to a merchant for. I don't get it. I have 3 level 3 salvage yards and have not made even close to that. Hell, I would say I haven't even made 10k from all 3 of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    How? How? and how? I still do not understand how people are making so much gold from Salvage yards.
    I have auctioneer. I usually sell stuff about once a week.

90+ items get DE'd for WoD mats
    1-89 items I check for 'average value'. If they sell for ~200 or more, I AH them twice before vendoring. Items for ~200 or less get vendored.

A week of salvage nets me 50-70 boxes. On top of the literal gobs of 200-300g items, I've found 4 BOE's across 4 characters (655-670 items selling for 15-40k). A handful of mats, and tons and tons and tons of vendored stuff. Cata and Mop greens vendor for 10-30g on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I have auctioneer. I usually sell stuff about once a week.

90+ items get DE'd for WoD mats
    1-89 items I check for 'average value'. If they sell for ~200 or more, I AH them twice before vendoring. Items for ~200 or less get vendored.

A week of salvage nets me 50-70 boxes. On top of the literal gobs of 200-300g items, I've found 4 BOE's across 4 characters (655-670 items selling for 15-40k). A handful of mats, and tons and tons and tons of vendored stuff. Cata and Mop greens vendor for 10-30g on and off.
    Oooooo, I have to update my auctioneer ASAP! Haven't been too much in the AH business this expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    The salvage yard also provides a lot of otherwise unobtainable transmog gear. Stuff that was removed from the game when Cata launched. Stuff from old quests that you can't redo. Things like that. Don't just vendor those level 60 greens you get. Look them up on tradeskillmaster, you'd be surprised at how much some of them go for.

You know they're almost definitely going to be raising the follower item level cap in the next patch, right?

I'm not getting rid of the salvage yard until I have 25 purple followers at 655 with enough ilvl raising items to bring at least 6 followers up to 680.