Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Looking at it through simcraft in my gear (which considering its my off-spec take with a grain of salt). Hectic Add Cleave and 2 target Council is basically the same DPS between Soul and Inc. Soul wins Single-target and Incarnation wins with 3+ boss targets. Meaning that unless the encounter specifically emphasizes the AoE phase over the single target phase, it doesn't really matter that much.

That said, both Tectus and from what I hear Mythic Imperator both have this, so Incarnation is better for both those fights. Soul obviously better for Butcher and a wash for everything else. Bracken its hard to say, but given the short duration the spore shooters are up, I'd say Soul wins here if not on flamethrower duty, and Inc wins with flamethrower.

Again, that's my gear, so trinkets and/or set bonuses could possibly change this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolaan View Post
    Looking at it through simcraft in my gear (which considering its my off-spec take with a grain of salt). Hectic Add Cleave and 2 target Council is basically the same DPS between Soul and Inc. Soul wins Single-target and Incarnation wins with 3+ boss targets. Meaning that unless the encounter specifically emphasizes the AoE phase over the single target phase, it doesn't really matter that much.

That said, both Tectus and from what I hear Mythic Imperator both have this, so Incarnation is better for both those fights. Soul obviously better for Butcher and a wash for everything else. Bracken its hard to say, but given the short duration the spore shooters are up, I'd say Soul wins here if not on flamethrower duty, and Inc wins with flamethrower.

Again, that's my gear, so trinkets and/or set bonuses could possibly change this.
    Did you change the profile to use SS only on one target and Starfall to be used on >1 ?

The default profile has SS=1+2 and Starfall >2

Ive found with boomkins that if you have an opportunity to starfall which you will on every fight barring butcher you will be using incarnation over soul. Even on butcher mythic your guild may want to have you run incarnation to burst down the boss as quickly as possible in the transition. I do not believe we will be using soul of the forest for a long time and only on the most simplest of fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Incarnation on bucther is pretty much needed because it is a special case with its length which can make use of the timing of its cooldown. Basiclly you get one at the start with trinkets a pre pot, and another at the end with lust and pots which are 2 gaurenteed burst opportunities aand the fight will end very shortly after your 2nd incarnation. (Find any graph of incarnation value over 4m vs SotF

Deleted
    The thing with mythic butcher, it is not a special case. Incarnation is just better than soul for throughput(trinket dependent). It is not a case of boss timings, or controlled burst, it quite literally just does more damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    It only does more damage BECAUSE of the fight length. If the fight lasted just under 6m before a 3rd incarnation, the value of the talent would be significantly less.

Incarnations value spike like old haste breakpoints every 3m, with it being at its lowest point right before your next usage. Which would average lower than the constant value of soul of the forest.

I dont include a less than 3m fight because the sheer burst of that firdt one will always trump because theres not a huge time lapse to average it lower.