Deleted

Warlords of Draenor weird fps

Good evening and happy new year to everyone.

After looking around to see anyone with similar issues that i have, i gave up after not having any luck with up-to-date info.

In random circumstances, my Fps ( which is rock solid at 60 most of the time, except heavy populated areas ) drops to 10-20 and after i move my camera a bit jumps back to 55-60 depending on what the usual in that spot is. It happens when i get teleported in my Garrison, instance, so basically after i change the zone or port to a new one.

I have a 4670k water cooled, stable and the temps are low.

I have 2 graphics card, one GTX 750ti from MSI Gaming, low temperatures, and even with this one i was almost all the time at 60fps on Ultra settings.
    The 2nd one is a GTX 970, same stuff, stock clocked or overclocked doesn't make a difference.

I tried to update/ rollback/ reinstall the drivers for them, ran a repair on the game, and tried different settings, all with the same result.

I also have the game on my SSD, so the issue is not similar to a mechanical drive dying and skipping.

PS: The only info i've found about this one was some problems the Mac users were having with Asset Caching, basically the game eating all the video-ram and caching and releasing the cache instantly, instead of you know, keeping it cache as i think it's usual. I haven't found anyone yet with the same problem as mine, and it's really annoying having to spin the camera a bit to get the game to my max fps.

Yeah, it feels like a shake-to-go game. Cheers

Deleted
    hi
    try disable vertical sync and set the fps to 60, and also OC ur cpu having it water cooled doesnt make it faster, and any of ur GPU should be able to max wow without trouble , but stay witht he gtx 970, i run 4790k @ 4.4Ghz with gtx 780 and the only place were my fps drops is ashran, rest of the world/bgs/raids (this includes MC) my fps stays 60 99.99% of the time

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khuzdul View Post
    hi
    try disable vertical sync and set the fps to 60, and also OC ur cpu having it water cooled doesnt make it faster, and any of ur GPU should be able to max wow without trouble , but stay witht he gtx 970, i run 4790k @ 4.4Ghz with gtx 780 and the only place were my fps drops is ashran, rest of the world/bgs/raids (this includes MC) my fps stays 60 99.99% of the time
    Don't just disable vsync. Turn on adaptive vsync in the Nvidia drivers and it helps a lot.

Deleted
    Adaptive is set in the Nvidia control panel, and the Cpu of course is overclocked, i forgot to mention that, but yes, that was the reason for a K series. Will see if it helps with the vertical sync off in the game. Cheers guys

Deleted
    Do you play on windowed-fullscreen or just fullscreen? If its the first try the later one.

Check the temperatures. Something might be overheating if you get fps drops. Also, check CPU usage of your system - something might be running in the background.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

Deleted
    Ok, in the short try i did last night, it appeared to run ok.

My Nvidia control panel reset all the settings (big upgrade i think), so i made all the required adjustments and set the vsync back to nvidia adaptive and set the one in-game off.

The temps we're in the low 50's on my i5 and on the gtx 750ti were laughable at 37 and Gtx 970 was in the 45-50's if i recall correctly.

Thanks for the help guys!