10+ Year Old Account

Garrison Stables

I got to level 3, got all 6 mounts from training and done the 2x Achievement for the 7th mount.

If there ANY point in keeping the Stables, except for bragging about mounts, when someone comes to visit?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    no, trade them in fast for something more useful.

I find the movement buffs nice enough. It's not like the other Large buildings offer any more value once you're done with their respective one-time gains. Depends largely on your cup of tea.

Stables: Mounted interaction(doesn't include arch prospecting, which is BS), no daze, +10% speed(just 10% increase instead of 20% due to the guild buff. Zero increase for certain classes).
    Warmill: Done with transmog, now just gathering follower gear. My other Large building besides stables, I'll switch to something else once all my followers are at least 645.
    Barracks: +5 followers, and bodyguards. I honestly have no use for those extra 5 followers, and rather adventure around the world without tacked on NPCs.
    Spirit Lodge: Flight paths work well enough, so the portals are almost just a nominal bonus. There's a buff of some sort, seems pretty good.
    Goblin Workshop: More or less fun gizmos you may or may not remember to use(I most likely wouldn't remember to use them, judging by the inactivity of my Talador artillery). Don't work in raids/dungeons.

Could be future patches add stuff, but this is my current review of Large buildings. Post one-time gains my choices would probably be stables and Spirit Lodge for their passive bonuses and ease to both travel and movement. Not getting dazed is my definite favorite, as it's a game changer in how I traverse through hostile territory.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    I like being able to interact with objects without dismounting, and not getting dazed while mounted. The other large plots aren't that great either, so I'm not replacing Stables.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially the claimed 20% mountes buff annoys me..
    I move at 220% while mounted, which is the 10% guild bonus..
    20% bonus would be 240% speed, and 10%+20% would be either 260 or 264 (additive or multiplicative bonus)..

Lumbering while mounted is 1,5 sec saved.. Nice but no game breaker.. Doesn't really seem to affect me anywhere else.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

wait, you get a 7th mount? how did I miss this??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devboy View Post
    wait, you get a 7th mount? how did I miss this??
    6 mounts + 2 from Achievements tied to the Stables.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    I had no idea there was 8 in total. Guess I've got some achievements to earn tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Spirit Lodge: Flight paths work well enough, so the portals are almost just a nominal bonus. There's a buff of some sort, seems pretty good.
    Goblin Workshop: More or less fun gizmos you may or may not remember to use(I most likely wouldn't remember to use them, judging by the inactivity of my Talador artillery). Don't work in raids/dungeons.
    The buff from the Spirit Lodge is decent WHEN it works. It needs to be on a flat surface to work. I swear it didn't work half the time I got it when I was still working on the 500 stone achievement.
    The portals are almost obsolete if you have Engineering and/or Aviana's Feather.

Another big problem with the Workshop is the randomness of it along with the cooldown and limited charges on items. I've got in on an alt for the achievement, but I also keep forgetting about it most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    20% bonus would be 240% speed, and 10%+20% would be either 260 or 264 (additive or multiplicative bonus)..
    The buff doesn't stack with other increases, therefore being useless to classes like Death Knight that already have an innate +20% speed buff, and diminished by half to those who are in a guild. Not sure how you do your math, but for my warrior it went like this: Base unmounted speed 100%, epic ground riding makes it 200%, add 10% from the guild buff and I rode the realm with the speed of 210%. Getting stables to lvl 3 made it 220%, since the 20% bonus doesn't stack with the pre-existing guild buff of 10%.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted

Lumbering while mounted is 1,5 sec saved.. Nice but no game breaker.. Doesn't really seem to affect me anywhere else.
    Since 6.0, most speed buffs are additive, not multiplicative.
    The old 10% guild speed buff, when multiplied with the base 200%, indeed gave 220%. Atm, it adds up to 210% instead.

Both DKs (On a Pale Horse) and Paladins (Heart of the Crusader) get a 20% buff, which does not stack with the Stables buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevyn View Post
    2 from achievements? Necklace gave a mount, pretty sure Claw didn't.. Or???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWarrior View Post
    Since 6.0, most speed buffs are additive, not multiplicative.
    The old 10% guild speed buff, when multiplied with the base 200%, indeed gave 220%. Atm, it adds up to 210% instead.

Both DKs (On a Pale Horse) and Paladins (Heart of the Crusader) get a 20% buff, which does not stack with the Stables buff.
    I was at 220% at level 2 and still at level 3.. Play a druid, so I have no other speed buff..

Blizzard said, last BlizzCon that ALL movement bonuses (unmounted atleast) would stack, so e.g. both movement enchant on boots (which all use), tertiary bonus on gear and class (e.g. druid cat form) bonusses would all be in effect..
    It's only natural to assume, same would be true for mounted bonus..
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2015-01-07 at 11:56 AM.

- - - Updated - - -

I was at 220% at level 2 and still at level 3.. Play a druid, so I have no other speed buff..

Blizzard said, last BlizzCon that ALL movement bonuses (unmounted atleast) would stack, so e.g. both movement enchant on boots (which all use), tertiary bonus on gear and class (e.g. druid cat form) bonusses would all be in effect..
    Claw gives an armored frostwolf. It's pretty rad. Got them confused, Claw of Sethe gives a frostboar. Which is less rad, what with the retarded intensified walking animation boars are afflicted with instead of a proper running animation.
    Last edited by Zuben; 2015-01-07 at 12:07 PM.

But was where Dalaran?

Swapped my stables for the trading post after I had got all the mounts. The mounting perks from the stables aren't useful enough for me to want to keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Swapped my stables for the trading post after I had got all the mounts. The mounting perks from the stables aren't useful enough for me to want to keep it.
    Stables is large and Trading Post is medium, though

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Swapped my stables for the trading post.
    Impressive work Batman!

- - - Updated - - -

They don't stack in the way you think they do. They're active at the same time, but only the highest one gives an actual effect.
    For example when my Worgen Rogue uses both Sprint and Darkflight, with a cloak with Gift of Haste equipped, I have all three buffs active, but I'd only get the 100% bonus from Sprint. When Sprint wears off, if Darkflight is still active, my speed bonus would then become 40%. When Darkflight then fades, the bonus becomes 10% from the cloak enchant.