Someone break down when to use better wep in OH for Furious Strikes

When is it viable to put your best weapon in your OH if you use the FS talent? And is there a breakpoint when it would be better to use over SD?

Just wondering because I have a 676 warforged MH and a 640 OH. In this case, would it be best to keep the 676 in the MH and go SD, or put it in my OH and use FS?

When you're running FS you will always want the better weapon in your offhand, and then you should swap it during execute, assuming your execute phase will last at least 20 seconds (do this at 21% vs 20%).

In your case I'm 100% positive you're going to want to run FS, if your weapons are not equal the gap between FS and SD is noticeable (~500-800 deeps) but is much less when weapons are equal -- when weapons are equal I'm not sure if FS>SD still.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    When is it viable to put your best weapon in your OH if you use the FS talent? And is there a breakpoint when it would be better to use over SD? [...]
    I just wanted to start a thread about exactly the same question, I'm wondering myself as I read that "better weapon in mainhand" is (only) best for butcher (= patchwork fights).
    Today I forgot to switch my weapons back after the kill and noticed a pretty huge difference between my dps figures at brackenspore from the last time and today ( ~2000dps more). This could part due to my new hc gloves but no item would've been that much of an increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacken View Post
    When you're running FS you will always want the better weapon in your offhand, and then you should swap it during execute, assuming your execute phase will last at least 20 seconds (do this at 21% vs 20%).

In your case I'm 100% positive you're going to want to run FS, if your weapons are not equal the gap between FS and SD is noticeable (~500-800 deeps) but is much less when weapons are equal -- when weapons are equal I'm not sure if FS>SD still.
    This is news to me but it sounds right, at least for single target fights or fights with only one add. On Tectus I'd say this isn't viable. I'd like to hear other poeples opinions about that.

a further question after the first is answered. I see the current top parse for 2hd Fury on mythic butcher was running furious strikes, is furious strikes the go to for 2hd or was it that he had a warforged wep?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydindril View Post
    I just wanted to start a thread about exactly the same question, I'm wondering myself as I read that "better weapon in mainhand" is (only) best for butcher (= patchwork fights).
    Today I forgot to switch my weapons back after the kill and noticed a pretty huge difference between my dps figures at brackenspore from the last time and today ( ~2000dps more). This could part due to my new hc gloves but no item would've been that much of an increase.

This is news to me but it sounds right, at least for single target fights or fights with only one add. On Tectus I'd say this isn't viable. I'd like to hear other poeples opinions about that.
    im pretty certain if its purely a single target fight with no adds you want better weapon in your offhand, if theres 1 add or more then vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by Aydindril View Post
    Then you read wrong. Usually for single target patchwerk fights Furious Strikes is better than Sudden Death and with Furious Strikes you want the better weapon in Offhand. With cleave targets Sudden Death becomes better and then you want better weapon in mainhand.

Of course this is a simcraft result when playing ideally, and the difference is 500DPS max. I feel more comfortable with Sudden Death so I stick to it even on Butcher using my better weapon in MH.
    Last edited by Shiroh; 2015-01-08 at 11:16 AM.