Page 39 of 108 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patseguin View Post
    I'm dominating this shaman as freeze mage and lethal twice and he pulls that fucking card that heals for 14 if he draws a higher value card. Naturally, he gets a higher value card both times. Is this game really random or what? Un fucking believable.
    You're kidding right? "omg I'm playing freeze mage and someone countered me with a heal"

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm dominating this shaman as freeze mage and lethal twice and he pulls that fucking card that heals for 14 if he draws a higher value card. Naturally, he gets a higher value card both times. Is this game really random or what? Un fucking believable.
    I wouldn't call winning 2 jousts exactly unfuckingbelievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Seeing as how freeze mage doesn't really play very many high cost minions it's not that surprising in the slightest. Especially if he already had him in lethal range Alex is already played and not in the deck anymore.

Deleted
    Went to casual mode to do my Mage quests with a Gimmicky Reno Jackson deck and after beating 1 Face Hunter and 1 Aggro Druid thanks to Reno (felt really good) I met a Tempo Mage. Let's see what he got from his RNG:

- Ancient of Lore from portal to be played perfecly on curve;
    - BGH from 2nd portal to kill my Dr. Boom;
    - Earth Shock from Spellslinger to silence my Acolyte of Pain when I desperately needed the draw while I got Totemic Might;
    - Crazy RNG from Flamewaker, perfectly sniping all my low health minions in 1 turn with 0 missiles going towards my face or towards my biggest minion with higher health;

He/she finished the game with 2 or 3 Hellos and roped me for the kill. He must have felt extremely skilled during that game.
    Last edited by mmoc9f0bced709; 2015-11-16 at 04:07 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    If you treat this as an opportunity to learn something instead of just going DUR STUPID SMORC DURRRRR you'll now know that having a full board vs face hunters is kind of asking for exactly the thing you got.
    true. but on the other hand there are decks that can't pressure facehunter fast enough without building up a large board and as such will lose regardless if they dont play much minions. so sometimes counting on the hunter not drawing unleash the skill is better

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    You're kidding right? "omg I'm playing freeze mage and someone countered me with a heal"
    No, I'm not kidding. Countering with a heal is fine. What pissed me off was that every time there was a CHANCE for an extra 7 heal they would get it. There's a CHANCE that I'm going to draw my healbot when I need it but I don't. Who ever said that pissed off Hearthstone players were rational anyways? ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not kidding. Countering with a heal is fine. What pissed me off was that every time there was a CHANCE for an extra 7 heal they would get it. There's a CHANCE that I'm going to draw my healbot when I need it but I don't. Who ever said that pissed off Hearthstone players were rational anyways? ;-)
    So tell me how many minions do you play over say 3 mana in that deck; alex, thaurissan...anything else? Freeze mage plays very few high cost minions. The shaman probably has a mixture. He had a very high chance of winning the jousts. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So tell me how many minions do you play over say 3 mana in that deck; alex, thaurissan...anything else? Freeze mage plays very few high cost minions. The shaman probably has a mixture. He had a very high chance of winning the jousts. Deal with it.
    My post was tongue in cheek. I have no problem dealing with a frigging video game, most of the time haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually the chance of winning a joust outright is less than most people think because a draw counts as a loss. Winning 2 jousts in a row is more like 1 in 6 rather than the expected 1 in 4. Even less if you have a low curve.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Yes, especially not since some decks have an idea and strategy, so when someone uses 2 Healing Waves in his decks it means that most likely he gave it a thought when he build it and therefore he will most likely have quiet a few expensive cards.

I have also a deck like this...and the fucking best about it is, that you almost always win the joust against face hunter who have only whack ass cheap crap in their deck, so once they sit on an empty hand at turn 5 and spamming "im sorry" and you can heal up while clearing the board with Lightning Storm...well then its your turn to say for once "im sorry"

15+ Year Old Account
    Arena, draft a great deck, lose the first match due to the other guy having a better one. No worries there

Next two matches I get disconnected on CRITICAL control-swing turns, both times where I have everything I need to clean up efficiently and put massive pressure on. Both times came back having missed my turn and now in totally unrecoverable positions.

0-3

Fuck.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Arena, draft a great deck, lose the first match due to the other guy having a better one. No worries there

Next two matches I get disconnected on CRITICAL control-swing turns, both times where I have everything I need to clean up efficiently and put massive pressure on. Both times came back having missed my turn and now in totally unrecoverable positions.

0-3

Fuck.
    Just did Arena for the first time in months.

got 3 mages in a row.... f*** you.......arrgghh

Deleted
    Played a midrange-aggro paladin, losing just about every joust. Drafted few of these commonly picked joust cards such as the 1/2 (2/3) one drops, the argent lance, master jousters etc. I'm not even kidding, I lost like 8 jousts in a row. That's just gross. The game ended up in a 4-3 so not tragic I guess but bloody hell. I had loads of 2's and 3's but fairly decent number of 5's 6's and even some 7+ such as Stormwind and Kraken.

Apparently joust sucks in arena. If you have 4+ joust cards in your deck, you need to actually win these jousts more consistently, therefore you need heavier curve. Having heavier curve means losing on tempo and ending in unrecoverable positions more often.

I've had a good experience with Discover tho. That 1/1 for 3 scarab is really good in arena. It's really versalite card giving you answers you didn't drafted normally. I've had Muster for Battle, Eydis Lightbane, Aldor Peacekeepers and other goodies like that. It offers 3 choices that cost 3 mana and are either neutral or class card. You very seldomly get nothing useful.
    Last edited by mmocd8b7f80d95; 2015-11-17 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Trying a late game shaman in casual, 4 out of 5 opponents were secret paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by renn View Post
    Trying a late game shaman in casual, 4 out of 5 opponents were secret paladins.
    I don't play casual much, but in the ladder it seems like 4 out of 5 are secret paladins too. That deck requires almost no thought so people who want easy wins and don't want to use strategy or any brain power use it. Probably even worse than face hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mildly annoyed. Doing arena as a druid and all 3 games that I lost were lost to enemies with legendaries. Be it the guy who popped his Kel'thuzad after using his molten giant to kill my north sea kraken, or the mage who had both Chromaggus and Sylvannas. Finally to finish it off, Leeroy Jenkins was summoned and buffed with blessing of might to kill my 9/9 taunted druid of the fang. Many tears were shed.

just got ass raped by top deck a din.

turn 4 i have 5 minions, cool top deck consecrate.

turn 8 1 card? it's quartermaster, top deck muster for battle.

no cards no board? top deck dr boom.

this new top deck a din meta is scary, whatever you have your opponent will just top deck the perfect answer and win.

Top decking sure is annoying. Especially with brainless decks like face hunter and secret paladin.

Just went against a mill druid who coined / played the 2/4 that makes both player draw a card. This guy didn't even tried to mill me. He was just frickin bad. He BGH'ed me my two only 7 attack creatures in my priest deck, made me get a nat paggle that drawed a card at the only turn I had him unsilenced, and my confessor (who had to be safe because he used absolutely all his removals) poped Acidmaw. The only thing that made me win this game was Nexus Prince Saraad because he gave me a Light of the Naaru. Got it to 17 attack in fatigue. The guy I faced played 2 Reno Jackson, no tree of life. I would have ragequit the game if I had lost because this guy was so bad and would have not deserved to win.

This one is a good RNG I have to vent. It was the game after the one with the baddest mill druid ever. So I faced a secret pal who did the classic turn 1 coin + shieldbot, then turn 2 secret keeper + secret and turn 3 the 3/2/3 weapon that give divine shield and taunt so he could trade my cultist. Turn 4 Murloc knight, turn 5 inspire and a lot of shit and I lightbombed him turn 6. Here you'll say "normal game against secret pal". Turn 6 (I couldn't wait a turn to light bomb because he would be able to lethal me) he plays Doctor 6, turn 7 drop a load of shit I manage to clean without AOE (but doctor 6 is still here) and drop another doctor 6 turn 8. Thank to my baron geddon I manage to clean his shit (yes I play geddon in priest because, come on, this card is just OP in the current meta) but I'm at 8 HP and with geddon I can't heal myself because he deals me 2 damage. I also had Vol'jin who helped me to clean his board. The paladin against me was at 20 HP. He topdecks his Truesilver Champion, and here I'm like dead because I am at 8 HP, I have nothing to heal me and I don't topdeck anything to heal me. The guy does not have any board (he heropowered but with geddon it was like he didn't had a board). So he brings me at 4 HP, ready to kill me. With his truesilver he goes back to 22HP. I attack him with vol'jin and geddon (13 damage) and put him to 9HP. In my hand I had Dr.Balanced. In my head I'm like "damn even dr balanced can't save me here" so I was ready to concede but I realised that I had geddon effect to bring him to 7HP. So I yolo Boom and heal myself. And voila, boom bot dies and deal his hero 7 damage.

Wet from rank 13 to 15 in one losing streak. Meeting only facehunter (5 in a row) and a aggro druid.

Last 2 games i lost on turn 6, because ...ohh beware...i have cards in my deck that cost more then 5.

Well fuck....