Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by catallyst74 View Post
    Unfortunately i don't have a spare.

I could very well have mixed up the case switch/led connections. The labeling on the motherboard is a tad confusing to me so maybe I didn't position them right.
    Well, with most mobos you don't need any connected to boot because larger boards have an onboard power switch. This one doesn't, so unplug everything and just make sure power switch is on the correct pins.

The power switch pins are the second set of two in on the top row from the left.

(The reason for two power LEDs is some use a connection across three pins, some only use across two, so whichever suits, but you don't need plugged in, generally, to power up mobo).

If it doesn't work, try plugging the reset switch onto those two pins and using that to boot.

If neither work, then see previous post above for advice moving forwards, as you're looking at either faulty PSU which is the easier thing to get a replacement to test for, or most likely faulty mobo, which you need to send in for replacement.

EDIT:
    Oh oh oh, one more thing -

Your case USB 3 cable may have two headers, one for this style of motherboard connection, and one for another style which looks like it can plug onto USB2 pins. Only one of these two sets of headers should be plugged in. If both are connected, this can (but shouldn't - have only come across it once) cause boot issues. In fact, while testing motherboard power pins, disconnect all front-panel USB headers (making sure especially you don't have F_AUDIO or F_USB2 mixed up )
    Last edited by Janaa; 2015-01-10 at 09:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    image for people to refer to.

do you have the HSF connected to the CPU Fan motherboard header ? or to a molex connector ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    do you have the HSF connected to the CPU Fan motherboard header ? or to a molex connector ?
    And addendum to this - when he says CPU Fan motherboard header, he's literally referring to CPU_FAN, not SYS_FAN. If you have it connected to molex or SYS_FAN.. don't. :P
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Unfortunately i don't have a spare.

I could very well have mixed up the case switch/led connections. The labeling on the motherboard is a tad confusing to me so maybe I didn't position them right.
    While you're in there I would suggest doing what Janaa was talking about to eliminate the power switch as an issue, because to me it seems it is either that, the PSU or a CPU undervolt in the bios(which seems unlikely unless you changed something already)

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Afrospinach; 2015-01-10 at 10:02 PM.

So, um...guess who's an idiot.

That'd be me.

I did indeed have the connections for the case wires messed up. It stays on now.

Thank you all for your help and I'm sorry to have wasted your time.

Deleted
    it may also be a software problem, do you get to the windows logo then it goes back around in a loop? ive had that problem aswell, if you recognize it i might, might be able to search for the problem

That'd be me.

I did indeed have the connections for the case wires messed up. It stays on now.

Don't feel too bad. My first build I didn't use those metal stands to lift the motherboard from the case and ended up shorting my mobo... Much more stupid than what you did..

That'd be me.

All good - no waste of time. We stayed to help by choice. Glad it's sorted out!

Deleted
    it's never a waste of time.
    You will have learned from this, and as usual the computer section of MMOC are happy to help you learn

You are an awesome group here. I just had to say that!

Deleted

That'd be me.

I have the exact same board and this same issue came up intermittently, except it does POST and boot fine after a few of these weird power cycles. Which connections did you have wrong ? I'd like to check as well, even though it hasn't done this in several weeks.